BigMike55’s DragonBlood HashPlant Run (Signups closed)

I’m hoping to buy a pollinator (Amsterdam not the french knock off) soon I hope, also makes great dry sift or dry ice hash. easy to collect in a enclosed environment. a bit pricey tho but great customer support and warranty

2 Likes

I know one thing. It ain’t easy collecting on a piece of paper. Or in a bowl.

1 Like

There’s a small french knock off for about 150usd it works for pollen but not hash, pollinator is about a grand cdn

Wheeew! That a little rich for my pay grade. A paper plate and a few thumps of my finger works enuff lol.

2 Likes

So is there a fine line between the pollen being too moist and too dry. I don’t want to ruin this by under or over drying.

2 Likes

No practical experience, but I believe that you want the pollen as dry as possible. Any moisture can make the pollen non-viable.

There’s a few threads around here on pollen collecting.

7 Likes

Looks like I have more reading to do. But not on the throne.

2 Likes

Dude, thats the BEST reading time. No interruptions, no distractions, until the dog wants to be petted and barges in… (do cats do that too?)

5 Likes

Yes they do.
Mine wants to lay in my wadded up pants between my feet.

7 Likes

Ok, that makes me feel less intruded on by the dog now. He just wants a pat on the head, then leaves with the door open. He isn’t trying to cuddle up in my pants. ROFLMAO

3 Likes

I went to collect a little pollen this morning and got a couple pics of the bean progress. I would say polination is successful.

30 Likes

I have also collected a bit of Dragon Blood pollen, if anyone wants to snag a bit for crosses.

14 Likes

I would like to try some if there’s enough brother. After this GDP seed run I’d like to cross DbHp with one of my girls. I’m seeing that DbHp has been used to raise the trichrome production on several strains. I’m wanting to begin making bubble hash with my next grow. (Possibly with the White Widow)

4 Likes

Send me an addy, my Show Me Growmie!

3 Likes

I would love some pollen if you still have some available. Don’t know if you wanna send to Europe though.

I have interest in some pollen, but i can wait for seeds if others have plants ready.

Ok guys. Let me get some type of plastic bags and of course. Save some for BigMike, i did not collest a huge amount but enuff to share to a few. I culled the male just this morning. My girls have been splooged enuff. But I got this amount of pollen.

25 Likes

So here are a few pics from the seed run. I removed the male and cleaned up the bottoms on the girls. They were a little spindly so i tied them up a bit. They look good tho. And are showing beans aleady.

Another 5-6 weeks and these beans will be ready.

33 Likes

How’s the smell? In general in your tent, and does pollen typically smell a lot or does it differ a lot from strain to strain?

And thanks for doing this run!

I have a Secret Dragon that’s finishing, it’s (San Fernando Valley Kush x 88G13 Hashplant) x Dragon’s Blood Hashplant V2.

Nothing but good to say about that plant. Waiting for the last 3 seeds I sowed to germinate, I really wanna help preserve these. Maybe it would be interesting to cross it again, keeping it in the family. :upside_down_face:

But by the time it’s here I’m not sure it would work anymore, some of the sugar leaves are starting to shrivel up already and I’m in Europe…

I just hope those last seeds germinate and I get a male and female.

2 Likes

Hi there, looking good. Very generous of you to share pollen. Just a word on drying it. Silica gel is ok but doesn’t work as well as cooked dry rice to dry pollen for freezing - you need to cook some dried rice in the oven for half an hour on something like 150 centigrade… then seal the pollen (on a wrap) in a container of the rice for a few days. If the pollen goes sticky or wet when you freeze it, that’s because it wasn’t dry enough… if you are intending to use it in the next few weeks then dry it and put it in the fridge rather than the freezer.
GL
VG

7 Likes