BigMike55’s DragonBlood HashPlant Run (Signups closed)

I would like to try some if there’s enough brother. After this GDP seed run I’d like to cross DbHp with one of my girls. I’m seeing that DbHp has been used to raise the trichrome production on several strains. I’m wanting to begin making bubble hash with my next grow. (Possibly with the White Widow)

4 Likes

Send me an addy, my Show Me Growmie!

3 Likes

I would love some pollen if you still have some available. Don’t know if you wanna send to Europe though.

I have interest in some pollen, but i can wait for seeds if others have plants ready.

Ok guys. Let me get some type of plastic bags and of course. Save some for BigMike, i did not collest a huge amount but enuff to share to a few. I culled the male just this morning. My girls have been splooged enuff. But I got this amount of pollen.

25 Likes

So here are a few pics from the seed run. I removed the male and cleaned up the bottoms on the girls. They were a little spindly so i tied them up a bit. They look good tho. And are showing beans aleady.

Another 5-6 weeks and these beans will be ready.

33 Likes

How’s the smell? In general in your tent, and does pollen typically smell a lot or does it differ a lot from strain to strain?

And thanks for doing this run!

I have a Secret Dragon that’s finishing, it’s (San Fernando Valley Kush x 88G13 Hashplant) x Dragon’s Blood Hashplant V2.

Nothing but good to say about that plant. Waiting for the last 3 seeds I sowed to germinate, I really wanna help preserve these. Maybe it would be interesting to cross it again, keeping it in the family. :upside_down_face:

But by the time it’s here I’m not sure it would work anymore, some of the sugar leaves are starting to shrivel up already and I’m in Europe…

I just hope those last seeds germinate and I get a male and female.

2 Likes

Hi there, looking good. Very generous of you to share pollen. Just a word on drying it. Silica gel is ok but doesn’t work as well as cooked dry rice to dry pollen for freezing - you need to cook some dried rice in the oven for half an hour on something like 150 centigrade… then seal the pollen (on a wrap) in a container of the rice for a few days. If the pollen goes sticky or wet when you freeze it, that’s because it wasn’t dry enough… if you are intending to use it in the next few weeks then dry it and put it in the fridge rather than the freezer.
GL
VG

7 Likes

Like putting rice in a salt shaker to keep it dry, nice one.
Seems like a much better idea than flour.

3 Likes

Flour works better as a “thinner”. Basically it mixes with the pollen and allows you to dust more buds, straight pollen is mostly wasted as you can be putting on much more than the plant / bud has pistils. Mixing with flour makes a little pollen seem like a lot more / spreads more…

10 Likes

Mold loves flour. There’s gotta be something better to use as dilution.
What about baking soda? Spread pollen and prevent mold in one go.

3 Likes

Good question. I know baked flour has been used like that for ages in many gardening circles, not just cannabis. I’d be keen to test out the baking soda theory, actually collecting and dusting with pollen right now. But thats the rub, I wouldn’t know if its what I’d already dusted, or the baking soda mix, as I’ve begun dusting all the lower buds I want seeds from already.

3 Likes

I just read this thread for the second time, top to bottom. I’m so stoked you’re doing this. Such a cool line, such beautiful, strong, healthy looking plants. I have the feeling it’s one of those strains that improves everything you cross it with.

2 Likes

Go take peek at my other shitty grow. BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log

3 Likes

This is what I see if I walk in my grow room/music room.

27 Likes

Oh and I think beans will be plentiful.

35 Likes

All outta likes, so here’s Carl:

8 Likes

All the sexual paraphernalia in another room or just off camera?

That is a sweet ass room of man toys though (not talking about the other ones).

4 Likes

That’s my wife’s room. Jeez, dude! You know this.

3 Likes

looks very good niceone