BigMike55’s DragonBlood HashPlant Run (Signups closed)

Like putting rice in a salt shaker to keep it dry, nice one.
Seems like a much better idea than flour.

3 Likes

Flour works better as a “thinner”. Basically it mixes with the pollen and allows you to dust more buds, straight pollen is mostly wasted as you can be putting on much more than the plant / bud has pistils. Mixing with flour makes a little pollen seem like a lot more / spreads more…

10 Likes

Mold loves flour. There’s gotta be something better to use as dilution.
What about baking soda? Spread pollen and prevent mold in one go.

3 Likes

Good question. I know baked flour has been used like that for ages in many gardening circles, not just cannabis. I’d be keen to test out the baking soda theory, actually collecting and dusting with pollen right now. But thats the rub, I wouldn’t know if its what I’d already dusted, or the baking soda mix, as I’ve begun dusting all the lower buds I want seeds from already.

3 Likes

I just read this thread for the second time, top to bottom. I’m so stoked you’re doing this. Such a cool line, such beautiful, strong, healthy looking plants. I have the feeling it’s one of those strains that improves everything you cross it with.

2 Likes

Go take peek at my other shitty grow. BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log

3 Likes

This is what I see if I walk in my grow room/music room.

27 Likes

Oh and I think beans will be plentiful.

35 Likes

All outta likes, so here’s Carl:

8 Likes

All the sexual paraphernalia in another room or just off camera?

That is a sweet ass room of man toys though (not talking about the other ones).

4 Likes

That’s my wife’s room. Jeez, dude! You know this.

3 Likes

looks very good niceone

Do you think you could have ground it up again and used it? Or you was like naw fuck it and trashed it. I don’t know if it would’ve worked personally, I’m just asking .

Not sure. It was my first go with pollen and everything I had read said that moisture kills it.

1 Like

I dig your gnome and that vintage Fender amp.

4 Likes

That is my favorite amp in the room. I have that really nice sounding Marshall DSL that I swapped the speakers out for some beautiful sounding creambacks Celestial. Sounds incredible joined with a nice Les Paul. Don’t ask me how I know. She is just too dam loud for a bedroom amp. And she likes to be cranked at least a little. The Fender sounds nice a clean and takes pedals well at lower volume.

9 Likes

Celestion. I have a DSL 15w head running into a 2x12 with a Celestion Greenback and a Celestion G12H Anniversary. Stupid loud, great range of sound between those speakers. The dirty channel was too dirty (and that’s saying something cause I like dirty) but a single tube swapped out tamed that beast perfectly without cutting off it’s balls. The DSLs are a great sounding amp, and “too dam loud for a bedroom amp” may be the understatement of the year! I’ve never turned up past 4 and that was with earplugs in just curious of how loud she’d go. LOUD.

8 Likes

Mine is the 40 watt. But it has a switch in the back for cutting the wattage in half. Still too loud for home use. I think if you were playing a nightclub or something. I love the sound of the Marshall paired with the Les Paul tho. Just magic!

7 Likes

I’ve got a few of the Laney GH line of amps. They’re very similar to the classic Marshalls but with more gain and much cheaper second hand. That being said I don’t turn them past 4, everything higher is white noise :sweat_smile:

Ah, guitar gear… another endless rabbit hole… :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Nice set up man! I’ve got the same Marshall amp and bang on 5 different electrics and a few acoustics!

2 Likes