BigMike55’s DragonBlood HashPlant Run (Signups closed)

Don’t worry I’ll show ya! :wink:

Got these 2 vials today. They are the larger vials. Dont know the capacity of each but.

17 Likes

Come in and take a look around @hoppiefrog theres your invite. LOL

2 Likes

Got a better look at the vials. They are marked with a 1, a 3, and a 5. Im assuming 1 ml, 3 ml & 5 ml. Anyone know if thats correct? Those where seed vials that I am repurposing.
So I think I got about 10+ ml of pollen.

3 Likes

Anyone know how long I should air dry it before putting in the freezer? And should I add a grain of rice or two? @DougDawson what say you? Since you are the one I know recently produced pollen.

5 Likes

Hey bud, I put it in sealed Tupperware with a dehumidifier and a gauge to show RH. Get the RH down to 10 to 15% I would say.

6 Likes

Trust me longer than you would think! I don’t know the answer but I was so sure after a few days (almost a week?) that it had dried and froze it. It came out of the freezer frozen like it had gone in a liquid. Big bummer.

3 Likes

try drying on something super absorbent like water color paper it sure works with air drying bubble hash on a silk screen

2 Likes

I’m hoping to buy a pollinator (Amsterdam not the french knock off) soon I hope, also makes great dry sift or dry ice hash. easy to collect in a enclosed environment. a bit pricey tho but great customer support and warranty

2 Likes

I know one thing. It ain’t easy collecting on a piece of paper. Or in a bowl.

1 Like

There’s a small french knock off for about 150usd it works for pollen but not hash, pollinator is about a grand cdn

Wheeew! That a little rich for my pay grade. A paper plate and a few thumps of my finger works enuff lol.

2 Likes

So is there a fine line between the pollen being too moist and too dry. I don’t want to ruin this by under or over drying.

2 Likes

No practical experience, but I believe that you want the pollen as dry as possible. Any moisture can make the pollen non-viable.

There’s a few threads around here on pollen collecting.

7 Likes

Looks like I have more reading to do. But not on the throne.

2 Likes

Dude, thats the BEST reading time. No interruptions, no distractions, until the dog wants to be petted and barges in… (do cats do that too?)

5 Likes

Yes they do.
Mine wants to lay in my wadded up pants between my feet.

7 Likes

Ok, that makes me feel less intruded on by the dog now. He just wants a pat on the head, then leaves with the door open. He isn’t trying to cuddle up in my pants. ROFLMAO

3 Likes

I went to collect a little pollen this morning and got a couple pics of the bean progress. I would say polination is successful.

30 Likes

I have also collected a bit of Dragon Blood pollen, if anyone wants to snag a bit for crosses.

14 Likes