Black, Bay Area, Bodhi, Beans, Been Booming Baby!

The main thing I forgot or maybe never learned is LITFA.

Cannabis was the first plant I ever grew, in my Mom’s bonsai laden multi-tiered backyard oasis. 1998 I believe was the year, Bubbleberry was the strain. Great experience!! Learned that Cannabis had an appetite and that’s y hydro worked so well. Luckily the concept of no dirt didn’t sit well with me. Useta get brown bags of Power Flower with a bunch of chicken manure in it, there was a black bagged soil, and I have a vague memory of Fox Farms. Pure Blend by Botanicare, Earth Juice stuff, and Big Bloom from FF were essential to my success. Plus teas. Avid was illegal but available at the right price and the only way to eliminate spider mites, pricey shit. Neem plus mineral oil and soap was my IPM. We useta throw away soil every harvest, and couldn’t function without bottles! AN came on the scene with flashy colors, claims, and pics of folks in white coats looking like cannabis scientists. A random guy at a shop saw me making a purchase and offered his 18 wheeler to deliver my supplies. The van I had was cool, I thanked him for his offer and drove in circles for an hour B4 heading to the grow. Different times. Later I learned that he was an AN rep and that they ‘sponsored’ grows with their bottles. I regretted my decision until I met a guy on a forum claiming to be Lucas, yep that Lucas, who told me the Durban he got from me was neck n neck with his C99. Long story longer he told me AN brought him up to Canada with hopes of bottling his formula. Claimed the biker, automatic weapon, aryan nrg was strong and quickly ended the possibility of any collaboration. That helped me settle my regret. I mean back then someone providing us with bottles woulda greatly increased our profitability. All money ain’t good money.

If you read that please forgive my rambling. Useta think Cannabis plants needed stuff poured on em when we decided they needed it. Now I know that I have a vague understanding of what they need. The goal is to provide a diverse variety of their needs in the soil. They are intelligent beings and I trust them. Much easier, less expensive and the soil improves over time. I’ve switched addictions from bottles to beans and the Universe is pleased.
YES!!

14 Likes

Fixing 1 thing at a time is crucial with so many moving parts. I apprecilove you sharing your experiences and look forward to your pics.

4 Likes

I came for the alliteration, and I’m staying for the cultivation!
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

7 Likes

Thanks, there will be many words…

1 Like

2 Space Monkey have begun the journey. I’m spraying cubes twice a day and keeping SM domed with the holes a quarter opened. The Old Soul are up and domeless. Writing this I’m concerned about the OS drying out while I’m at work. They’ll be cool. I’m also wondering how best to prevent stretchy seedlings. 100w light dimmed down to 20% in a 2x2x4. All help welcome.

4 Likes

Brighter light helps a bit, or longer light cycle, but some just stretch no matter what.

3 Likes

I’m about to sound like I know what I’m talking about: so will a higher DLI will offset unnecessary stretching? I can increase intensity, lengthen light time from 17/7 to 20/4, and/or I can lower light height. Right direction?

1 Like

Experiment. :+1:

Have your light at a certain distance, brightness and length of time.
Make note of all of that info and see what happens.
You can write it here for future reference and then others will know too. :smile:

If they still stretch then adjust one thing, make a note and see what happens.
And go on like that, but make only one change at a time (day/week/month).
If you make several changes at once then you won’t know what exactly caused the reaction in the plant, if any.

2 Likes

I receive this information tripping on the fact that @numbskull kinda said this in an earlier post. I will increase light intensity to 30% and observe. Thanks for keeping me centered.

2 Likes

Y’all have been so kind and encouraging that I’d like to invite you to the backyard.

!
A 20g fabric pot and a big barrel plastic pot (15-20?) getting better! Below are the future residents Wedding Cookies and Mac Dragon x Bruce Banger fem seedlings. May add a cut later. I mixed oregano, parsley, thyme, chives, red clover, spearmint, and carrot seeds in a bag and we will see what happens. There’s also the 12 seed cover crop, sun gold beets, and kale seedlings. I think Ima add some scallions to the outside of those pots. I think it’s time to prepare a sprayer,(2.5g) with recharge and lightly hit everything in and out. Have some FPJ from my 3rd week of flower defoliation that might get added as well. I give thanks for the ability to move my body, I give thanks for the opportunities to learn and improve, I give thanks for ancestors that came before me, with me, because of me, and after I have been forgotten, I give thanks for suffering, I give thanks for joy.
Earthlings rise up! Earthlings rise…! Earthlings…!

IMG_20220430_071558|499x499

8 Likes

I have a quantumboard too and it’s blasting on 8 sprouts right now 100% full power at 70-75 cm (27-30") distance.

Two out of four at 75 cm got stretchy.
The ones at 70 cm are not showing any signs of stretching and are looking healthy.

Edit: one started stretching at 70 cm, over the last few days I’ve lowered the light by 5-6cm each time and now it’s hanging at 35-38 cm from canopy.

And about 55 cm from the sprouts.

These quantumboards are really gentle on the plants!

4 Likes

Apparently I have trouble focusing on 1 thing at a time.

The stretch is non-existent for the 2/4 beans outside and the stalks seem healthier.

The light was increased 2 days ago in the veg area, and I’ve noticed nothing. Will increase more. Put 4 Relic Seeds Wikki Sour ( Sour Diesel x Consumption) in water/h202 Sunday night and not a crack as of this morning. Considering putting em outside to start. If they don’t crack I will pop 6 Silver Sunshine or 6 Iraqi Goji, outside.

Hit the 5x5 tent with Recharge and FPJ Sunday night. They seemed to enjoy, Beets loved it. I increased the intensity of both lights because things are moving too slow in there. Both near 40% I think. Considering putting a Z or BBG in a 10g because they were my narrowest leaves, and best daytime plants from last harvest. They were both in EB and BBG far outperformed Z, I’m leaning towards Z. Wanna flip soon so that should be done sooner! Mixed up some EWC and craft blend for a future top dressing. I give thanks.

4 Likes

I’ve been eyeing a coupla bar style lights, I saw this deal and now I’m stuck. This thing is less than $170. Hmmm…

2 Likes

Wattage: 420
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Claims Samsung diodes but doesn’t name em. Lm 281 probably. Over 2.5 watts a buck. Doesn’t say when sale ends.

Ok the discount went from 70% to 60% and now I’m looking at this one for a 3x3. 220watts lm301b meanwell driver

3 Likes

Looks good, you can fold it?
I was wondering why they didn’t put the driver in the middle, but looks like you can angle it, that’s pretty neat! Will make for better light penetration for sure.

It’s 200 watts less than the other light at around the price the other one WAS at 70% off. I think it’s a better light though. I’ma get it today cuz I watched the other one too long and the price went up. Probably gonna replace the 240w qb in the 5x5. 20w less but again a better light. Gonna hold off on putting up another tent for now. Seems unnecessary, more for my desire to plant more seeds than anything else.

Yeah it folds

1 Like

Ok I bought it.

The one it’s replacing was the first light bought in 20 years and is just over a year old. I bought this new one because of the price and because it’s an upgrade.

3 Likes