Black, Bay Area, Bodhi, Beans, Been Booming Baby!

I increased veg light to 75%. Also increased intensity in the 5x5. The 240w is 100% the 450w is like 75%-80%. Feel a little slow for just now making those adjustments.

All 4 Wikki Sours cracked and were put in solos, 2 in veg tent and 2 outside. Will see.

Planted the Z in a 10g plastic and the 2 MB in the EB and we will flip no later than 5/15. Clipped a few branches with these lst clips.

Edit: Towel is the humidifier

6 Likes

4 Likes

Ok I covered the EB, still haven’t filled the reservoir.

Noticed a wierd splotching on a coupla plants that I can’t identify. Not planning on “fixing/chasing” that problem, just wanna know.

Put holes in a 30g tote, lotsa soil, amendments, worms, a bunch of cover crop seeds( at least 22 plants) and 2 Maroon Baboons outdoors.

7 Likes

Can’t really see the splotchyness, but it can definitely go a few days without water.

4 Wikki Sour still haven’t made it above soil, 4 Space Monkey placed in paper towel last night. Will plant cover crop in solos with SM. I’m gonna flip the 5x5 soon. Was hoping that they would show me sex B4 flipping, now I’m just waiting for… vigorous growth.

2 Likes

Love that Monkey

1 Like

Fingers crossed that I don’t muck these up. 4 tails, giving thanks, going in small nursery cups.

Added some purple top turnip starters to my outdoors and will add some to the big pots in the 5x5. Inspired by the stacked pots of @Rogue I’m adding what I hope will benefit the entirety. Fun stuff!!

1 Like

Haven’t planted turnips yet, this’ll be interesting!

4 Likes

5/5 Cherry Trance, 5/5 Old Soul, 1/5 Babylon Buster, 1/5 Space Monkey, 4 Wikki Sour and 4 Space Monkey are the newest attempts we are sending positive nrg towards. Germination rates must improve. A friend said that I should let JBC know, but I wanna see what these 8 do first. Thoughts?

Bezos is 2 days late with my light and the one I was originally eyeing is back to 70% off. The 70% off one will be the first light that doesn’t claim lm301B, it says Samsung diodes but doesn’t name em. Is there anything below the lm281B?

All things are good and moving in the direction of better!!

6 Likes

Got a message from bezos that my light was lost. Refund coming. I ordered the original one. 420 watts and it’s actually less expensive than the 220w that was 46% off. Again it’ll be my first light that doesn’t claim lm301B. Discount too great to pass and Samsung is claimed. 870w in the 5x5 may be the new reality. I can also see a 3x3 with 420w and 2 Earthboxes giving great numbers. Future is getting brighter.

2 Likes

Opened up the Cherry Trance by removing leaves. Wednesday and Thursday are my off days. I don’t trust ANY timers and will only flip when I can check. Flipping this week or next. Plants are happy and jars are getting low quick. Eager to flower my first Bodhi plants, Maroon Baboon clones aren’t quite happy yet, but they will be, because Earthbox!

8 Likes

I turn my light on and off manually too, but I sleep quite a lot so I keep it 12/12 all the time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Covercrops are getting there too, all is looking very healthy, very nice! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I like lemon balm as a companion plant. it’s a nitrogen fixer, but it’s easy to control and doesn’t grow like a weed compared to other nitrogen fixing cover crops like red clover, which can take over a pot or produce so much nitrogen it can burn a cannabis plant.

In biodynamic gardening lemon balm as a companion plant is considered to increase essential oil production in other crops. Of course biodynamics isn’t exactly scientific, but I think I have seen some benefits in this regard.

4 Likes

iraqi goji, sudanese, old soul, and babylon buster all sound like fun.

are you in the SF bay area? I’m from SF and spent most of my life there, in the bay area, and on the farallon coast. Now I’m farther north. It’s always cool to meet other members from that area.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, that sounds extremely plausible!!!
Something to grow in an olive and cannabis grove for sure. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

amazon will try to “encourage” customers to make impulsive purchases by offering a high discount the first time you click on a product, and then start jacking up the price the longer you leave it in your cart, or if you view the same item repeatedly.

It’s part of their algorithm, designed to reward impulse purchases and punish careful shopping, all while figuring out just how much they can price gouge you. as time goes on, they reduce their discounts and jack up the price to whatever the users purchasing habits will tolerate.

I try to avoid amazon whenever possible, this practice is illegal in brick and mortar businesses and amazon has spent a ton of money on lobbyists to prevent similar laws for online shopping from being passed.

You’re better off shopping direct from manufacturers, and from grow stores which have fixed pricing.

4 Likes

Lemon balm definitely sounds interesting.
Bay Area yes indeed!!
Thanks for the information on bezos’ immoral practices.

Why am I being told that my photo is too large to upload? Has something changed?

2 Likes

Maybe it was the different phone…
Anyway look what came today, the 220w bar light bezos refunded showed up.
So I’m not sure how I will do this, maybe 890w in 5x5 and 460w in 3x3; or 670w 5x5 660w 3x3. Currently there’s 690w in 5x5, and 100w in 2x2. There is no 3x3. I do have a 4x4 folded up but I need that extra space, either a 3x3 or a 2x4 would be ideal. Last run yielded more than expected so I don’t really need more light…

4 Likes

Who am I kidding. I wanna see these bars in action so this is prolly going up tonight taking the 5x5 from 690w to 670w.
YES

4 Likes

make sure to ask for the exact measurements on whatever tent you order. The last tent I bought was a sunlight supply 3x3, but the actual dimensions are more than 3.5 feet on each side. It’s just slightly smaller than a 4x4.

My other two tents are also sunlight supply 3x3, which I bought a few years ago. Those are actually 3 and a third on each side.

Kind of funny. After I set it up, the local grow shop told me the manufacturer has been making them a little larger each year, but still calls it a 3x3.

Seems like less diodes but what do I know. I prefer this MW driver over the Juson on the 240w qb.

Now that I look it may not be significantly less.
This is good weed

4 Likes