Blue Lab Calibration Issues

Same. My Apera ph20 just turned 3 in March and it’s still working like a champ.

I’ve had a number of different brand ph pens, including blue labs (still have one) and I prefer the Apera.

Quick readings (much quicker than my blue labs is now). Accurate. Maintains calibration for me very well (though I also take good care of it, don’t ever put it in plain RO water, always store it in KCL solution).

For the price the apera is really tough to beat IMO.

4 Likes

I bought a very cheap one and it didn’t make it past the first use. I bought a slightly less cheap one and it lasted only just over a year with multiple calibrations. Blue Lab has been over a year with no problems and only 1 calibration that was necessary…

2 Likes

I went with the PH60 because it has a replaceable probe.

5 Likes

Yeah that one looks really nice! I went with the ph20 because of the price ($49.75 when I bought it).

1 Like

Same. I just replaced the probe about a month ago.

1 Like

Like Loki stated the storage solution has a low ph. Mine starts low also and I just replaced the batteries. Hint; don’t forget to calibrated after changing the batteries. Yeah, I did and freaked .

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

I tried everything (24 hr soak, cleaned probe, calibrated in the solution and it’s still not working right. When it powers up its defaulted to 4 still. It’s telling me my tap is 5 pH which I know is about 8. I’m just gonna get a different brand. Thanks everyone!!!

The Apera calibration solution works well with Bluelab pens and saves a few dollars. My Bluelab pen is several years old and still calibrating when the check mark goes away.