Blue Velvet - Dutch Passion / Dj Short - Seed Run Co-Op By Chronickyle (CLOSED)

Poking around looking at the genetics of Blue Velvet… I think I see an interesting project. :bulb:
I noticed that Blue Velvet is the same as Bodhi’s Blue Moonshine & B.M. is a grandparent of Blue Terra. So a cross between those two should reinforce the Floral line genetics. :thinking:
Though structurally it might be a beast…

Cheers
G

19 Likes

Good find. I’m going to have to do some reading.

2 Likes

Amazing thread, quite a bit for me to process,I’ve been off of opiates for over 4 years now and stuck on the suppressant medication,an am wondering if that has anything to do with my memory loss,I have had so many instances where Ill have a discussion with my wife or family and I’ll have no memory that we even talked about it or even had a conversation at all, everyone expects that I’m joking around,and it always goes south from there,I just assumed that it was my brain injury and post concussion symptoms rearing its ugly head.not trying to high jack your awesome topic,
I have studied DJs collection since the mid nineties and wanted to do a preservation run of all his lines, always for personal and family/friend use
Another thing that was brought to mind,is someone mentioned Bubba and its medical benefits,I have an amazing feeling when I smoke anything Bubba as well, and I remember DJ himself saying that he heard that Bubba was Flo crossed with another strain,and he developed his collection for medication and sought them out/selected based on that (medical efficacy)
Just wanted to say thank you for the education brother and your kindness and compassion !
Mad Respect
Peace

12 Likes

First thanks so much for the seed run. Second, did I miss how the females were going to change to male if they’ve passed past stress tests? Will it be a chemical?

4 Likes

@Chronickyle your description sounds like just the medicine I need. I desperately need to find a strain that works for muscle spasms…mine never quit. Blue Velvet sounds like it might be the shit. Thanks for your time, work and the expenses it takes to do a seed run…much appreciated …

7 Likes

These might be closer to original blue lines than even dj has!! Well worth the preservation run

4 Likes

Every person is affected by medication differently, could be the problem, could not be. So hard to say and so painful to find out. My father was always a joking kind of person so we just assumed he was joking. When he came off the meds he started realizing what had happened to him. If he hadn’t got off the meds he never would have known.

Don’t get me wrong about the blue velvet it helps. But he’s in pain every minute of everyday. Pain that many people probally couldn’t tolerate without meds. He was happier on the meds to. But what he wasn’t, was him self. The blue velvet just allows him to manage his pain levels and be the stubborn basterd he is lol. I don’t mean that in anger but no one wants to give up who they are and what they do, but the people around you rarely see it that way. Hell took me yearsssss and a lot of anger to understand why he wouldn’t just slow down and try to heal, but I get it.

Your not high jacking my thread at all brother. Any of my threads are an open place.

I’ve yet to grow anything bubba. Something I need to put on my shortlist to try apparently and I would love to grow Flo. But those are some expensive ass seeds.

Good luck with the pain man. I hope this strain can take a couple points off your pain scale and maybe knock off a med or two.

12 Likes

I’m going to use sts

4 Likes

I hope it can help you man. Only one way to find out.

2 Likes

Supposedly the Bubba Kush is from the dude named Bubba. He says it’s a NL5 that hermed and should have been called the 97bubba (versus the pheno going around these days which is the pre98 bubba, a different pheno). Todd Mccormick seemed to agree.

I have a (UBC Chemo x Pre98 Bubba) (aka Remo Chemo) female I’m trying to reverse. (C.S. did not work before. She is very stable.) But I did hit that with a Mac Stomper male and it produces very nice pain meds. If you might be interested in that I’d be happy to share pack with you. @Ftlob (And @Chronickyle if you’d like to try some for your father?)

8 Likes

I do understand that kind of pain. Bruised my spinal cord in my neck 12 years ago. It broke down the insulation on the nerves in my neck and they cross fire constantly. If it weren’t for 37.5 mcg of Fentanyl ever other day I’d been long gone. I hate the meds but without them I’d be bedridden. I feel for your father, true severe chronic pain is no fun. I’ll keep searching and if I have any luck I will tell the world

6 Likes

Hear Hear. I don’t think those who have not experienced it can truly understand. I blew out a disk in my lower lumbar 30 years ago. There is no time I am not feeling it. It progressed and started causing sciatic issues a couple years ago. Had a 3 day stint where I could not stand on my right leg a couple years ago. I refuse to take all those nasty pharmaceuticals that they offer so any relief is a blessing.

9 Likes

Brother no disrespect intended. Sciatica issues are hell. I’ve had 38 broken bones, broke my back twice and toughed most of that out without much pain meds at all. Crushed my foot in a log skidder blade and broke the foot in 15 places…now that took a while to get over. But I’m going to be honest I’ve never experienced anything like what the myelin being broken down in my cord does to me. It truly is a new level of pain…like a freaking toothache from the neck down. I spend most my days flat on my back because it’s the only place I get any relief. It damn near killed me. Not to compare friend…I’m just absolutely miserable and wish we all could find some relief.

8 Likes

No disrespect taken bud, none at all. I consider myself blessed to be able to get through the day with my home made meds and some Robax. There are certainly much worse things people go through. While I have issues every morning putting my pants on I still manage to work it out most days so I can keep moving. I feel for you, I really do. Believe me, I count myself as lucky compared many who suffer much greater issues than myself. I guess my point was more that those like myself who do not really have any moments where we don’t know we have an injury really understand the need for relief. This cannot be said for the healthy who just have no idea.

4 Likes

I was one of those guys who wouldn’t take a pain pill, hell I wouldn’t take aspirin for a hangover…lol. not sure why because I put plenty of bad shit up my nose in the 80’s and 90’s. But this intense nerve pain is unbelievable, it is different when it never, never goes away. Fentanyl is the only thing that touches it. I do smoke a lot and always have so honestly I don’t know if it helps with my issues, it does definitely help me lay here and deal with it but I would love to find something to relieve the spasms. That would be a godsend to me

7 Likes

Well maybe this is the one, I got my fingers crossed for you. I can only imagine what you go through. When I had that few days where I couldn’t walk it was the worst for me it has been. There was no comfortable spot, no possibility to sleep, no time where the pain would go away. Just constant pain and lighting bolts down my legs. Had to crawl up my stairs as I could not put any weight on my leg at all. My leg hurt so bad and the part that pissed me off the most was I knew there was nothing wrong with it. It was the nerves being crushed creating pain where there was none. It was like phantom pain, my head new my leg was fine but the my brain was interpreting those nerve signals like there was something wrong. Thankfully it has not happened since and I went back to plain old back pain which goes away if sit or lye down in the right way. Being able to get comfortable in some way is a huge thing. I really hope this strain helps you brother.

5 Likes

Thanks Brother. If you have dealt with it that bad you know what it’s like.

3 Likes

Ah, not sure how I missed this one. Have had some stuff going on though.
Anyways, thank you very much for taking the time here to do a seed-run! The strain sounds special for sure and the effects are a key piece I’ve been searching for. I’m happy to hear it’s really helped you and your father. I hope for your success so that we may also be helped by it and your generosity :slight_smile:

:couch_and_lamp: :tropical_drink: :movie_camera:

5 Likes

I’d deffinetly try some if you find it helps. I’ve got him chemo before and it seemed to help with his stomach issues so both sides are of interest.

3 Likes

Sure, you can send me a dm. The mother has been a proven pain reliever for those looking to numb down severe pain. And I did find very nice Phenos in the line.

3 Likes