Blue Velvet - Dutch Passion / Dj Short - Seed Run Co-Op By Chronickyle (CLOSED)

That’s the truth :100:

I’m a chronic pain patient, survivor, and a believer in the healing power of Cannabis-

I’m free from the slavery of opiates, and am very thankful for heavy hitting herbs, and the growers who breed them-

10 Likes

Man, I’ll tell you the truth, Buprenorphine is a miracle drug. I’ve done the opioid shuffle twice. In my defense, the second time was because I put off getting my knee fixed until I could barely walk. Both times that’s how I got off of them.

You wait until you’re into the WD pretty good, then pop one under your tongue. It’s essentially an opioid without the high, so in 15-20 minutes, you feel perfectly fine, you’re just not high. I took it a year, then cut my dose down to 1/4 tab a day, and quit.

There was still some slight WD symptoms, but nothing a double strength batch of cookies couldn’t handle. :slight_smile: Since I was used to not being high the psych aspect didn’t really come into play for me.

I fuckin’ hate opioids man. Unless I’m in severe pain of course, but even then it pisses me off. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

15 Likes

Good to see you kick the bad habit Zan :+1::+1:

Not here for the seeds, but will be watching :eyes:

7 Likes

Some from old OG might remember that Bubba, came after Bubblegum and HubbaBubble which was a Bubblegum derivative. My recollection was that Bubba was a descendent or F2 of HubbaBubble then crossed with some kind of Kush. It may have been done by a man named Bubba…

4 Likes

Would love to see if I could get a pack of this crossing. Sounds awesome.

1 Like

2 of the clones are coming along, other two could use some help. They all have gaia in the soil so first time for me with no chems. Just need some more time.

36 Likes

I finally made member, glad I could sign up before it closed. I’d hate to miss out on a plant like this one…

8 Likes

It will be open till it’s full or till I’m done. . Should be lots for everyone. Even those who don’t make the list. I don’t want this plant to be coveted I want it to be grown by everyone to find out who it can help.

29 Likes

Very admirable attitude. :+1:

10 Likes

Exciting. Sounds great!

4 Likes

Blue velvet and clones came around can’t switch to flower yet till I have a couple inspectors come threw my new place… Just a waiting game at the moment.

31 Likes

Outmotherfuckingstanding, brother :v:t4:

6 Likes

Looking amazing man.

4 Likes

Holy Smoke! This strain sounds amazing. Thank you so much for sharing all your hard work.

5 Likes

@Chronickyle, thanks for doing the project and for sharing your life experiences, too. I’ve been on the chronic pain train for a long time now, myself. I’m always on the alert for good medicinal strains. It might be cool to work some CBD into the strain, too. I have a handful that I could play with.

Best vibes on the grow, bro! And, tell your dad thanks for the tip! peace

5 Likes

Ill be praying for your dads health, Im happy he found something that helps him :blush:
This strain already sounds amazing. I cant wait to see what other members can do with it to bring out even more medicinal qualities.
I wonder why the discontinued it !
Ill be watching your grow, and thank you for this awesome run !!
:v: :smiley: :latin_cross: :heart:

2 Likes

Good idea on the cbd suggestion. I did just put a feminized Acdc from @CoastalMarySeeds into soil the other day for part of my outdoor preperation when it germs maybe I should throw it in with the blue velvet actually.

11 Likes

Keep a close eye on that ac/dc, the original cutting was very strange and not an easy plant to grow. They need a lot of attention to keep healthy. Ultra limp branches that break when the flowers start to come in, very susceptible to bud rot even though the flowers are small.

I’d recommend growing it with a tomato cage, or tying it to a stake for support.

I have no idea about the genetics of the ac/dc, but it must have been a bizarre breeding process. CBD is often found in fibrous strains and is associated with hemp, but the ac/dc had less fiber than any cannabis plant I have ever seen. Its stems were like crunchy lettuce.

Nice tangerine smell. My friends really liked it, but the muscle relaxant effect was too strong for me and didn’t work for my medical condition.

9 Likes

@Chronickyle thanks for sharing this medical line and the story behind it.

As recreational legalization and corporate control pushes onward, a lot of the old medical strains that were common in the legalized medical community and local black markets are disappearing.

Seems like they are falling by the wayside due to the constant consumer demand for girl scout cookies and cookies hybrids.

I think it’s really important for us to preserve medical strains like this blue velvet. Almost all of the strains that I used to get regularly in the old california prop 215 medical collective system are gone now because of the popularity of cookies and grow operators need to meet commercial demand.

I’m looking forward to trying out this blue velvet for medical use.

19 Likes

I did also germ a cherry wine cbd. Maybe I should put that in there instead. Many of the characteristics you mentioned of the Acdc surely don’t sound appealing. I also started cannatonic.

4 Likes