Blueberry 🔵 Thunderdome

did someone say gang bang

1 Like

Involving more than two persons with a high proportion of women who are dominant over one or a few men; the opposite of a gangbang… Details :wink:

4 Likes

The 2 new Blueberry NL are just poking their heads above ground.

14 Likes

13 Likes

the thunderdome is looking good my friend! :cloud_with_lightning:

2 Likes

The seedlings were all looking a little droopy. I decided to switch them from plain RO to some nutes. The reading from the first batch are:
ph - 5.86
ppm - 791

Still a little concerned about the Pure Blueberry Muffin, but the others are looking ok

9 Likes

They look a tad overwatered to me. Is that just me?

2 Likes

I just watered them, last night. Before that, I had only watered them once with plain RO, so the growmies were thinking underwatered, and that I should put some solid cups around the clear cups. They mentioned with coco + perlite I would have to be pretty determined to overwater them.

It’s my first time with a lot (coco, jacks, and soon autopots) of this run, so I am relying on their advice, and the pros on here, to help me make decisions

3 Likes

The wife is a coco grower. She let’s hers dry out between watering.
Holes cut in the bottom of red solos.

8 Likes

FYI, they received my envelope Monday morning and sent an acknowledgement. A few hours later they replied with my results! It was a nice surprise to mail on Thursday and obtain results two business days later!

3 of my 4 JOTI Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition) are ladies!

7 Likes

Very cool. That’s not a bad ratio.

3 Likes

Those seedlings are looking good.

I did use scissors to cut drain slots in the cups. I will try to get a decent pic. This coco also came pre-mixed with 30% perlite.

2 Likes

I just now noticed that the 3 older plants all have visible roots at the bottom of the cups. I made holes like this around the bottom of each cup. I started getting better at it, so some others just have 4 bigger openings, while this one had 6 smaller openings.

11 Likes

That’s what she does. I just stay out of her way lol

4 Likes

13 Likes

Looking forward to the results of this. Thanks for sharing the experiment! I almost grew some freebie Blueberry from North Atlantic, but was concerned after reading all kinds of stuff that the BB-smelling plant was rare to get from seed.

welcome-to-the-thunder-dome

4 Likes

I hope thats not the case, but I have more seeds of each of them, except for the Dutch Passion. I picked that one up back when I thought I only needed 1 fem bean of every strain.

I am going to take cuts of each of them before I flip the tent, so if any of them have a good blueberry smell going on, I will be able to keep running it.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this before in RL and on many post here. I find sprouting on paper towels and bags over seedlings “Snake Oilish”. I think they are unnecessary steps. Pop the bean in a small glass of water when it sprouts put it in dirt.

2 Likes

So far (knock on wood) I have had 100% sprout while using damp makeup pads to start them. I haven’t had that luck with paper towels or putting them in water.

I do think using bags for humidity domes is only really necessary for cuttings, to give them time to root. I won’t be doing that for any more seedlings, moving forward.

Today I am going to set up the autopots and check for leaks. I also ordered some colored solo cups to put the clear cups in, moving forward, to help block the roots from being exposed to the light. If the autopots are good to go, I might up pot today though.

5 Likes

Joti BlueBerryMuffin

19 Likes