Bodhi Butterscotch x Sunshine Daydream 2024 Co-Op (CLOSED)

Awesome bro! This is gonna be a good one for sure

5 Likes

This is gonna be fun.
Thank you for your contribution.
Best of luck brotha!
:slightly_smiling_face::call_me_hand:t3:

6 Likes

Are these pre buffered or do you still have to do that?

2 Likes

For any wondering Butterscotch is a cross between BC Vanilla Kush x Instant Karma. It is the sister plant to the Sour Butter mom that Bodhi has used.

22 Likes

Butterscotch and Purple Kush, thats some tasty fire! Awsome @OG_Caveman, thank you for doing this run bro​:+1::green_heart:

4 Likes

Along for the ride, best of luck with the grow!

1 Like

4-3-24 Day 4- Happy to announce 6 Butterscotch x SSDD have emerged from the coco! I watered them yesterday Day 3 with 1/2 tsp Sea-K per Gallon, pH’d to 5.7. I think that may have sped things up, glad to be back growing in coco soil was fun for a bit but I really wanna see what Jacks can do!

40 Likes

4-4-24 Day 5- And now we have 10/11 sprouted! Looks like we have a proper run ahead! :blush::blush::blush:

42 Likes

What’s your buffer technique with the bricks?

2 Likes

So if you buy the 40 liter brick of Canna Coco, it comes in 2 large Bricks that have a perforation down the middle of each, making 4 squares. I took 1 square of the 4 and put it in my 5 gallon bucket. I mixed a solution of 5mL per Gallon of CaMg+ to 1 gallon of water. Shook and then pH’d to 5.7. I ended up using 1.5 gallons but 1.25 gallons would have been fine. So roughly 150oz of the solution. I let it soak for about 90 minutes and then planted directly into it. Though you gotta use your hands to squeeze some moisture out as you are filling your pots. Just make sure it’s all broken up and consistent. And fill pots! Super easy and works every time. Coco needs extra Calmag so pre-charging it helps alot! I also use a sharpie to make holes for seeds no more than 1/2" deep and dont overpack when covering, be gentle. Hope this helps my friend! :pray::blush:

12 Likes

I tried coco once before but it was the same coco I use to grow mushrooms (Coco bliss) and I had to rinse it so many times. The grow was ultimately a failure unfortunately. Then I stumbled upon canna bricks, it comes pre washed so no reason to rinse it. I’m gonna take the plunge and buy a brick of canna and hopefully the run after this one won’t be a failure lol. I wanna grow huge plants in small pots :joy:

Thank you so much for the response!

5 Likes

I’ve learned that for example reptile grade coco that alot of myco enthusiasts use doesn’t have trichoderma, a beneficial fungus for the plant that defends it from viruses and other pathogens. Canna Coco does! I won’t use any other brand.

8 Likes

Had to edit my post: It’s actually BC Vanilla Kush x Instant Karma, I got it wrong, my bad all

5 Likes

In the mycology world we call trich “the big green monster” lol it’s our biggest enemy

5 Likes

Yes I’ve heard that, definitely wouldn’t be a good time in the tubs with Canna haha

1 Like

Definitely can’t mix them up with each other :joy::joy:

2 Likes

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, no matter the show goes on👍

2 Likes

To save money this year, I bought a couple cases of Floraflex coco coir grow bags that were on sale. They were only around 1.50 for 3 gallon bags and had a big enough coco brick in them to fill the bag. They said they were pre-rinsed, but I read reviews saying to rinse them again. I filled my bathtub up and put 10 in with some Calmag to charge them up, and it worked sooo well for a much lower price than othe coco color I have bought. The ones on sale were the bigger chunk coco, which took slightly longer for the roots to grow in, but after they did the plants loved them. I did end up putting the coco in grow bags so it was extra work there though. Overall I would recommend. Free shipping on my order, plus they had a whole gallon of Calmag for 25 which was super low

7 Likes

Can you link to something similar to what you bought? I’m interested in checking out some coco but everything I see in store (which is precious little) does not look healthy.

3 Likes

I hope this is what you’re looking for. I’ve heard of these before, I didn’t realize they were so cheap

3 Likes