Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

There’s a journal here

RKS, BO, cooked carrots. The buds are getting big for only a month in.

9 Likes

I got the cooked carrots during flower. I swear i didnt think much of DLA16 until it was close to harvest time. Thats when the smells really let loose! Im glad i have more clone backups. It was the only female ive found so far in my pack. I may cross it to my selection of Panama X DLA5 as well.

7 Likes

How long did the dla16 go in flower?

I also have D9Thai X DLA 5.

5 Likes

I ended up chopping at 7.5 weeks. I could have let it go longer. But I needed space and the buds were so small i wanted to get some clones in and do a proper run of DLA16. I believe they can go 9-10 weeks. Although i chopped a couple weeks early. That did NOT stop the potency or terps! I was pissed I didnt have more. But it went through my stress test like a champ. So im going to keep a clone of her around and hunt for other phenos in the rest of the pack.

8 Likes

Panama x DLA 5 I found a pheno that is very close to RKS. (my personal opionion) Dont cut my head off lol. I think a little more breeding/crossing. It could be recreated.

6 Likes

gonna transplant the DLA16 I have going. Five of them in 1 gallons right now going up to a #5T as i get them ready for the flower tent in a week to 10 days I figure.
I still need to clone mine but I think there is 2 females, 2 males and an undecided. I’m not goig to transplant the males. I’ll just top them down and set them aside for now.
Red eye jedi I popped 3 seeds and have 1 female and the Cherry Pie Kush x 8g13hp NFT I also popped 3 and might have 2 girls… have to go check those.
But transplant the girls and hopefully clone them once they get settled into the flowering pots.
Hadn’t really planned on making seeds but the males will be set aside for now because I have a hard time killing males LOL

9 Likes

No don’t do that! I wanna make my own version of Triple Sunshine using my SSDD girl, if that tells you anything of what I think about them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus that TS A girl looks so nice :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I had 1/4 be female, it was a stretchier pheno with strawberry size nugs. It did have slight intersex issues with some mid-late nanners, but I did have a few other plants with the same issue that go, so maybe something on my end - under-watering maybe. That said - it’s one of my favorite smokes I’ve grown - really tasty lemon herbal (basil?) flavor and an old school creeper high that keeps getting higher in waves. The smell/taste really last too, the jar is well over a year old and still smells and tastes excellent.

14 Likes

Thanks for the description it definitely sounds interesting.

2 Likes

I only have the one plant to go by , but based on that plant I would say yes.
The lone female from the pack of testers was a Loompa’s Headband plant with added strawberry terps.
Strawberry was prevalent in both the smell and taste.

3 Likes

Hm. Okay, that’s interesting. The first time I grew them (three females), I chopped them all on day 49. The second time I let them grow a few days longer, like I said, but my concern was that they’d smoke even heavier if I continued to let them grow to, like, day 60 or whatever.

Haha, uh… Whenever I do get around to planting that pack, that’s the plan, but since I’ve never made seeds before and feel a little, uh… insecure about it, I’ve just been sitting on them. I would like to preserve them, though, for sure. I just don’t wanna fuck it up haha.

Dude, come on. Just ignore it.

9 Likes

i really wanted to jump on the DCseedexchange auction for some red lotus this past weekend but i know i wouldnt grow it out for a while so i let it pass :astonished:

3 Likes

How much did that red lotus end up going for ? Lol

2 Likes

bingo!
This was what drew me to bodhi’s work as well. I was growing for personal medical use and a few patients, and I needed to get the most out of my plant count. I miss easy high yielding outdoor growing in california.

I basically had to relearn everything for outdoor here in the PNW, and had to start growing indoors as well because I couldn’t do sungrown all year round anymore.

bodhi’s work still totally kicks ass here.
Indoors and outdoors.

20 Likes

On the subject of herms, none of bodhi’s named lines have hermed on me.

I run a very simple organic grow and never check ph or anything like that.

The only herms I’ve found was when I was testing for bodhi, and he never released anything that hermed in my grow. they were sterile herms that didn’t form seeds.

And I absolutely loved some of those lines, and grew the cuts for a long time. None of them self seeded. Even if I gave the high rave reviews, that wasn’t good enough if they had sterile bananas or weird growth traits. None of those lines were released, which was the right call.

that just goes to show his standards when it comes to stability and making sure he was giving growers reliable strains.

I think he wanted to get testers who grew with different styles and ability levels so that he could make sure that whatever their environment and methods were, the plants would perform pretty much as expected.

Which is a pretty high goal considering the wide variety of genetics he works with, including landraces that are very challenging and require very specific environmental conditions, light spectrums, or soil mixes in order to grow those hierlooms in their pure forms.

And that’s really what’s great about bodhi’s work in my opinion. He takes stuff that’s either hard to get or hard to grow, blends it into something new and unique, and makes it accessible and attainable in a form that can be utilized successfully by just about anyone.

19 Likes

Low 90s if I recall correctly

2 Likes

Also, I don’t think bodhi’s males are just a vehicle for the mother plants.

I specifically sought out the bodhi hybrids made with clone onlys that I was already familiar with.

I have had very good luck being able to find the medicinal qualities I needed that way. And in some cases the plants were really much better- hardier and easier to grow than the mother.

But I have also been really surprised by some of the outcomes. Sometimes they are something completely new and different.

I often I get those ‘brand new’ phenos alongside plants that lean to the mother or father. It’s a good blend, and I can usually find what I need in a relatively small plant count.

In my experience anyway. Maybe I’ve been lucky with the strains I have chosen to grow, but the quality has been high across the board.

18 Likes

See…we should of just kept talking about herms…now look where we are.:laughing:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2).

aaaaaand It’s time for part twoooooooooooooo!

see you all on the new one:

21 Likes