Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Someone else echoed this awhile back and I can’t remember who. But I’ve heard nothing but good about the sativa types x SL. Including the Blue Lotus that uses a sativa type DJ Blueberry.
Thanks for sharing your observations.

12 Likes

I think at least some of the old clones are worth it. Like the TK and maybe the 91. Especially for breeding. but I can’t say I’ve found a better plant than either of those two clones, from their offspring. Seen quite a few come close, but no plant with everything they have, much less plus some.

On the flip side, I don’t think any of the current “modern” hype clones are worth anything at all. I really don’t think any “modern” genetics are good. It’s all been and being bred for bag appeal, terps, and extracts, not high/smoke.

11 Likes

Not just myself, but tons of dudes on 99 plant farms! But I actually selected greenie plants for hashing. So if they weren’t A buds, it was no biggie. The big thing about B’s work is they’d usually yield a good 3-4x more than most of the outdoor stuff being grown at the time. I did meet Bodhi at his booth at the Emerald Cup and told him we made tons of hash and his stuff was the winners, and he just smiled and nodded lol.

I even bought all of Mother Lode/ other dudes out in Yosemites trim a few years(cant remember how many years for ML, wed just go clean out anything we could score lol), with all of this wild Ancient OG work. But Sky Lotus was our favorite. Any of the milks were amazing, and really anything Appy/Snow Lotus. I’ve not done mountians of 88g13hp and Wookie crosses like the other 2, just cuz of the timing. In that era, those weren’t even released yet lol. But Wookie crosses are my favorite hash these days purely for my own enjoyment. But fresh frozen rosin from Snow Lotus can be like doing uppers. I’ve stayed up to 4 in the morning just dabbing it with a buddy until every little piece was gone lol

17 Likes

Actually, when I started buying Bodhi’s seeds, the only things I was interested in were the more “exotic” stuff. OG’s and Chems were available at every corner dispensary in LA, so why waste my time growing that? My very first grow, all Bodhi, was the Gold Star f4, the Apollo 11 f4, the Clusterfunk (for variety haha) and the Prayer Tower.

That Gold Star is still one of my favorites. Great weed.

16 Likes

I am not even slightly knowledgeable on the subject . That one pack of Apollo 11 F4 Genius , is my only experience with the strain. No idea how many Useful made, but I am glad he sent me that one.

It hits like a toned down c99 to me. Not saying it isn’t potent , because is it ever , Just noo raciness or paranoia at all. Just a really great feel good high , that def helps to zone out and focus on the task at hand. I am a huge fan of c99 but I like this better. The pineapple Cheetos smell really stood out on a few of them. The one I kept not so much. Smells more like Pineapple cheese with a touch of lemon. Then the Cheetos.
It also makes fantastic RSO

The good thing about hunting for the Genius leaners is , her traits are some of the easiest to spot. The zig zag is unmistakable.

Wish I could be more helpful. Goodluck with your search :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I had one that even the trichs were done like dinner in the 40’s FF .
The difference in 50-60 is quite remarkable. It is that much more potent , more complex effect , packs on even more weight , Terps go off that charts , and colors up nicely.
My only regret is not looking for a male in the pack lol

I ate mushrooms for the first time in 16 years last spring. The Apollo was most of what I smoked then and I swear everytime I smell the few in my flowering tent , I get a flashback or something lol It is amazing how smells trigger my mind.

But ya pop and OP that pack

16 Likes

One of my 2 Madre Azuls (Blue lotus x OMG) smelled very good and was pretty sticky in early-mid flower. Both had pretty narrow leaves. Grew in the fall of 2022 but decided to cut them down because 2/2 had intersex issues. There were environmental stresses present for what it’s worth. Rej , Blueberry HP , and SSDD remained stable in that run.

You’re making me want to cull my TS mom & scrap the current F2 project.

Joking

23 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ve got a solid grip of snow lotus crosses in my library and always wondered if progeny from those packs would produce hash. I always liked the upper high and berry notes the SL passed on.

I’m going to be digging into Space Monkey here soon and am hoping for some really nice hash. Maybe I’ll see the cola terp profile come up again with more stability.

8 Likes

I could keep quoting but won’t.

It is amazing how you make statements like you are the be all end all of weed , yet go back on every single one you make.
How is someone suppose to know what to listen to from you ?
What good is your “info” , when you are always changing it?

But ya I am just hating on you for that one plant you bitched about.

You should be a politician , not a weed grower. They are the only other people I have seen use so many words to say nothing .

4 Likes

Damn that was a long read, waking up to 50+ replies in the thread is like “was there a drop? Gossip? Fighting? Hopefully all” hahah.

SL wise, Ive only had experience trying the lemon lotus and growing ancient og. The lemon was lotus was super tasty in joint + daytime high. The ancient is nice as well, a bit stonier with a male/depdorant kinf of scent. Both interesting.

Regarding those who asked about the apollo, ive only grown Pagoda and i wasnt a fan. All 5 were pretty similar (ag11 leaners) There was a faint pineapple sweetness to them, creepers, and inconsistent high. I wasnt the only one to notice, although some enjoyed them.

Ive also grown smart move (with genius thai) which i did enjoy the high quite a bit, but it was more on the stoney side with the omg.

So ill let youall know how this lone genius thai (f1) smokes. It doesnt look too promising thus far, but you never know until its in the pipe.

Regarding @advancedbuffalo dude can grow, and grows a lot. I do understand his points, and i find his insights useful and understand that things come with a grain of salt and a little color commentary or even changing opinion. Thats how i experience my grows as well.

19 Likes

Shit I thought i just scored when I found a few pks of the Madre Azuls earlier this week. Did you only pop those 2 seeds?

2 Likes

I popped 3 and 1 was a male. Again there were stresses present such as possible dark period interruption, rootbound pots, dehydration etc. Not severe enough to make the REJ , BBHP, or SSDD freak out, but the MA had to go. I think @ramblinrose (?) grew some out without issues.

11 Likes

What smells are you getting from your DLA16?? Im running a clone for a 2nd run currently. The first one from seed was a small plant with small nugs. Frosty as hell like you described. My smells were funky Garlic/Onion/BO with a soaring high for such a small plant and small yield. The clone looks ALOT better in terms of plant size and bud size. Weird but it makes me ready to pop the rest of the pack to make F2’s

10 Likes

There’s a journal here

RKS, BO, cooked carrots. The buds are getting big for only a month in.

9 Likes

I got the cooked carrots during flower. I swear i didnt think much of DLA16 until it was close to harvest time. Thats when the smells really let loose! Im glad i have more clone backups. It was the only female ive found so far in my pack. I may cross it to my selection of Panama X DLA5 as well.

7 Likes

How long did the dla16 go in flower?

I also have D9Thai X DLA 5.

5 Likes

I ended up chopping at 7.5 weeks. I could have let it go longer. But I needed space and the buds were so small i wanted to get some clones in and do a proper run of DLA16. I believe they can go 9-10 weeks. Although i chopped a couple weeks early. That did NOT stop the potency or terps! I was pissed I didnt have more. But it went through my stress test like a champ. So im going to keep a clone of her around and hunt for other phenos in the rest of the pack.

8 Likes

Panama x DLA 5 I found a pheno that is very close to RKS. (my personal opionion) Dont cut my head off lol. I think a little more breeding/crossing. It could be recreated.

6 Likes

gonna transplant the DLA16 I have going. Five of them in 1 gallons right now going up to a #5T as i get them ready for the flower tent in a week to 10 days I figure.
I still need to clone mine but I think there is 2 females, 2 males and an undecided. I’m not goig to transplant the males. I’ll just top them down and set them aside for now.
Red eye jedi I popped 3 seeds and have 1 female and the Cherry Pie Kush x 8g13hp NFT I also popped 3 and might have 2 girls… have to go check those.
But transplant the girls and hopefully clone them once they get settled into the flowering pots.
Hadn’t really planned on making seeds but the males will be set aside for now because I have a hard time killing males LOL

9 Likes

No don’t do that! I wanna make my own version of Triple Sunshine using my SSDD girl, if that tells you anything of what I think about them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus that TS A girl looks so nice :heart_eyes:

11 Likes