Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

lol had not noticed that. i try to stay away from the comment sections on IG/Youtube etc.

seems so. theres a lot of breeders reposting what they get sent by other growers etc., but the quality of the interactions is… mmm… lacking… thus the comment section.

6 Likes

Can confirm! She’s currently getting lapped in my flower tent

Been noticing B being more active on IG lately and had the same thought that there might be a new drop pending. Just gotta get my wife a list of seed packs I want for x-mas now… :joy:

14 Likes

See I was thinking that because it’s harvest season, we are getting end of season pics rolling through. Looks like he took a stroll through his greenhouse as stuff is starting to reach the finish line.

13 Likes

I just harvested my repro on them :dizzy: some exotic smell on steam rub :grin: have 3 females that i cloned and 2 of them are more sativa leaning and one has this afgani squat and slow growth patern :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Gotta get that pursang haze cut.

2 Likes

Every couple few years you read about Pistils raising money to fix the website, but it always stays the same: pretty crappy. All that money (even an investment from B) and he still can’t figure it out. It’s a shame that all that valuable Bodhi seed info is locked up in a website that is destined to fail at some point.

8 Likes

I much prefer the ease of use of this design.

5 Likes

My understanding is he doesn’t know much when it comes to site/forum management/web development. He had hired someone to do all the work and I think at least one of them ran off with the money and whatnot, or they wanted more. It’s why nothing is really changing there. He needs a good dude that can do the work, likely for a pittance :confused:

11 Likes

Better than Gooey Breeders website

I actually asked Gooey if he needed a new website and told him i’d do it but he doesn’t even mess with it, it is some other guy. If it works for them though, I don’t see why they’d need to upgrade it to modern times.

3 Likes

Pistils transfered ownership of Breedbay quite some time ago. Ignotius runs the show now. The site used to be on Vbulliten forum software and moved to a new platform. Those big changes appear to have caused a bunch of problems with the functionality of the site. I’ve seen a lot of site bugs, missing content, broken images, etc.

Breedbay used to be a marketplace and the forum itself supported the auction site called SeurBidz and the storefront (forgot the name). Now there’s no seeds being sold whatsoever and haven’t been for quite some time… years. I think I remember seeing posts where the new site owner said he can’t have any documented income for some reason and that’s why they don’t technically sell anything anymore. They haven’t been able to come up with a way around that.

In its heyday Breedbay was the best site out there. Had the most active community but they didn’t have preservation projects or anything similar to what Overgrow does… in fact the mere mention and discussion of buying seeds anywhere else was forbidden and considered disrespectful. Community members would often times send in seeds that would then be given out as Breedbay freebies for the auction.

Bodhi, Subcool/TGA, Professor P/Dynasty, SOG, Sonic, Hothouse Flowers, Outlaw Genetics, British Hempire, Alphakronik, Heaven Scent… these were the breeders that sold their seeds on Breedbay including Pistils own in house brand… it was a great selection of high quality genetics. The freebies were fantastic too. In fact the best C99 I’ve ever experienced from Seed was a Breedbay freebie made by a guy named Neferti who undertook an amazing C99 reproduction project using old Brothers Grimm seeds in a thread entitled “Back to the Ball.”

One of the things I admired about Pistils was he had strict criteria for what could and could not be sold with testing requirements and mandatory breeder descriptions and data that he forced his network of breeders to provide… which is why the older Bodhi descriptions are so detailed and why today they are not… lol. But that was all to benefit the community as Breedbay strive to be better than the others, the best of the best… and it was at the time. The only place like it was ICMag. I preferred Breedbay myself. As time went on more places like Cannazon/Cannetics, The Seed Depot, Sannies Forums, and lesser known Bulliten Boards would come and go.

The fact that Breedbay is still here today and survived really is amazing but it’s mostly in part of Bodhi making huge cash donations to keep the server running. He has funneled a lot of money into that place which shocks me… especially considering there’s only a few people that post over there regularly. I think Bodhi still supports them because he probably feels Breedbay was the place that helped him launch his seed business… that and he’s just a kind soul that believes in Karma and the Golden Rule and all that goes along with doing good deeds.

Sorry for the rant. But for anyone who never used Breedbay or doesn’t know much about it… thats the general gist of things.

34 Likes

I’m glad people brought Breedbay up, because wow have I not visited that site in awhile (only a year or so, but still).

7 Likes

It used to be invite only, but I think now it’s open to anyone?
Took years for me to get an invite, and then literally within weeks, they changed it to open sign ups hahaha.

I signed up here at overgrow shortly after breedbay went down in 2018.

that’s odd, It’s been working fine for me. There was some downtime a few weeks ago but it’s been fine since then. Ignotius actually made a special site ‘style theme’ for my photosensitivity, so I could browse the site without eye pain. maybe the basic theme solves those interface problems?

it’s like a slightly more minimalist version of the interface. I think anyone should be able to use that theme. Can’t remember what it’s called, maybe basic mode or something? the big difference is that it has drop down menus for all the subforums. if you see that you’re on the right mode.

Not sure if that’s the issue, but give it a try. last week I was posting in the bodhi thread, uploading photos, etc with no problems.

edit- pretty sure it’s ‘breedbay lite’ but there is also an ‘undesigned default’ setting that you could try.

15 Likes

So, here’s the Useful Seeds AOG x Tranquil Elephantizer. It was a freebie stapled to White Lotus x Sasquatch. I thought the cross was the other way around, but I guess Tranquil is the dad. They were purchased around 2016 from GLG.

24 Likes

What can you guys tell me about the Black Triangle Remix? I see the more common BT highly praised here and I’ve found the descriptions of Remix as the Deadly G dad, anyone grown hybrids of it or the straight thing? I got some old Doc D tester hybrids from 2016 with one using it as a mom and am just wondering what to look for when growing them out (to F2!)

9 Likes

All i know is that the deadly g male was an f3 selection from bodhi that leans heavy to the g13 side. I dont know of any deadly g female so im not sure what or how doc d has a deadly g as a mom in a cross.

6 Likes

I know @advancedbuffalo has posted at least a few pictures of some Black Triangle crosses in the Doc D thread

Here’s one Doc D cannabis seeds - #2010 by advancedbuffalo

I assume DocD just germinated some tk x deadly G that he got from Bodhi and found a cut, not that he made the black triangle remix himself. He was selling a reproduction of it not long ago in one of his older emails.

14 Likes

doc was one of the deadly g hybrid testers back in the day. i tested c99 x deadly g and remember them never triggering to flower in 12/12 lol.

Edit it was p75 x deadly g whoops! That was a long time ago lol

21 Likes

I have an extra pack of the More Cowbell Minty Dub Remix. I’m down to trade it for something else or a different freebie.

8 Likes

if anyone who has the shakedown street freebie and would consider trading for a pack of vintage Hawaiian indica x Wookie freebie from him hit my line really shouldn’t buy 2 more packs right now to just get that one :joy:

9 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens who has the shakedown street?