Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

In high school, my three best friends were Meeghan, Sarah and Caroline. We hung out every day and went everywhere together, used to have “Beverly Hills 90210 parties” every Thursday as a joke. They were a year older than I was and took me to clubs (sophomore year! I was at a club! Haha). I loved them (and still do love them). They were brilliant and super-hot and we loved the same music, which is always important in high school haha, especially back then in the 90’s. Anybody who loved “weird” music always glommed on to each other.

Meeghan ended up going to NYU for college and now she lives in Austin with her husband. She’s very happy, a professor somewhere there. I give her gardening tips all the time (“normal” gardening tips, not weed tips haha).

Sarah ended up going to New College in Sarasota and then Columbia for grad school. She and her wife just moved to Asheville from NYC a couple years ago with their two adopted daughters. They’re also very happy.

Caroline was the valedictorian of our high school, which was actually a huge deal. It was a very competitive school where everybody was just expected to go to Ivy League or otherwise-“good” colleges. And then she went to Harvard.

Now all Caroline does is rant on Facebook about the Illuminati and how Donald Trump is our savior and how she’s the reincarnation of Joan of Arc and also the reincarnation of Jesus and multiple other historical figures. I don’t know what happened to her, really, or how that happened, although I’ve tried to kind of “talk her down” about that. Eventually, though, I just had to get off of Facebook and quit talking to her on the phone. There’s no saving her, I don’t think, she seems totally out of her mind.

I’m bringing this up apropos of nothing haha…

41 Likes

Red Eye Jedi No. 19 going through re veg. Can’t get this back in rotation fast enough. Phenomenal. Louder and more potent than any I have tested so far. Small edge plant, hopefully she yields a bit more when under more light and given more veg time.

48 Likes

Some squabbling over petty BS going on. We have cleaned some things up. Keep this on-track and cordial.

24 Likes

1 Like

So a question to anyone that has grown out SSDD F1 And F2s… what kind of smells do you find? I hear buttery, but what else?

5 Likes

I’ve only grown out two female SSDD f2’s so far and I got two very different phenos… 1 had no smell at all during flower and then once dried and cured it had that berry/gas smell. idk about “butter” but maybe someone could construe it as buttery. it definitely has a third smell that’s hard to identify…

the other pheno was definitely Appalachia leaning, and smelled like mango/pineapple funk during flower. it however has since lost all of that… might’ve been an error on my part at some point but… idk.

10 Likes

The berry/gas I can imagine. I grow a strain that is half Appalachian Super Skunk and I find those phenos every once in a while. Mango/Pineapple sounds great if it’s mixed with funk!

2 Likes

I definitely get a bit of butter smell from my f1 keeper. It’s not loud though, just a light smell of butter.

The f2s I have grown out have a sweeter smell to them. I didn’t notice any butter from the f2s.

I think the f2s are better than anything I got from the original pack. Really get that wrapped blanket feel.

10 Likes

@syzygy Triple Sun A - Taken 2 days ago.

20 Likes

Here’s some ssdd F1 at day 60

First one was straight up pure sour butter and nothing else.
Second one smelled a lot like bubba kush. Chocolate/coffee notes.

Here’s my ssdd f2

The f1s have a lot of skunk, funk, berries, and rubber in there to sift through. In 3 packs, that first pic was the only sour butter plant I found in there. Similarly with the second, only one that smelled (and slightly resembled) bubba kush. There’s also a blueberry/blueberry muffin pheno in there.

I also prefer to look through the f2s. Really, I’d rather look at any bodhi f2s than f1s.

33 Likes
2 Likes

I like the skunk, funk, and rubber but berries just gets old to me real quick. Interesting that you think the F2s are better.

1 Like

I avoid the skunk, funk, and rubber myself but they’re usually some beasty plants. I’ve spent years hunting the sour butter + blueberry muffin pheno. Have the girl, still searching for the male. Better chance in the F2’s than the F1’s. Bodhi F2’s in general, you can find not only the parents in, but the grandparents or even further back too. Plus variations on all those.

22 Likes

Has anybody in here run the Chem 91 x OMG ?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I’m just tired, dude. I’m tired of the “annual thing” you mentioned, tired of a lot of stuff. But I’m sure I’ll wake up tomorrow with a renewed sense of purpose and a fresh outlook on life in general and the Bodhi thread on OG specifically.

Plants look good! Haha.

23 Likes

I so wanted to comment on that :rofl: :heart: but the thread got closed right as I did and i lost the post so just gave up.

Ah, the Massalachia! Love that stuff :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Looking at the list, and they all look intriguing, App Super Skunk jumps out to me 100P.

4 Likes

image first of the pagoda squad showing sex a nice looking male

image image image image image image
Other 6 only a few weeks till I start the fun :grin:

41 Likes