Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

End of my fall project - Triple Sunshine A cut down and harvested somewhere around 65-70 days I think.

And here’s some Redeye Jedi that I just finished trimming -

B related stuff I’m growing next round - probably will start flowering in a week or so :

Triple Sunshine (tk x SSDD ) G - female - untested
Goji OG f2 - Pinesoul - clone
Lavender Jack - clone

59 Likes

Beautiful shots man

2 Likes

It’s happening. Prob also a good choice seen as this is no doubt older seeds due to strain and SS being on the pack. Got it from Attitude UK, saw some talk previously of them having relatively older stock? Going to use some H202 and maybe a touch of sugar in the water to help penetrate the shells and give them the best chance.

38 Likes

Damn @syzygy beautiful project, and beautiful photos as per usual.

10 Likes

Excited to see those grown out great choice @SillySausage

12 Likes

If you have a minute, feel free to stop by the thread I made for my F3 project. Some interesting discussion of the lineage of this cross going on over there, too. If you have any info about this cross, we’d love to hear it.

15 Likes

That’s more recent than you might think. Laughing Lemon was part of the early 2021 drop at US Bodhi stockists. The SS number you noted is more a sequential reference number than anything else.

13 Likes

ss001 Dreadbread (Mango biche x OMG)
ss002
ss003 vintage pine bud x kashmir
ss004 congo x Kashmir
ss005 Cherry Queen (Fat Cherry afghani x OMG)
ss006 Pleiadian Love Nest (vietnamese x kashmir)
ss007 Soar (Columbian Red x OMG)
ss008 Eternal Sunshine (Hawaiian sativa x OMG)
ss009
ss010 (vietnamese x columbian x afghani) (???)
ss011 Nigerian Space Probe (Big Sur Nigerian x Kashmir)
ss012
ss013 Gods Paintbrush (Ethiopian paintbrush x kashmir)
ss014 Siam Space Probe (Thai D9 x Kasmir)
ss015 Rajasthani Space Probe (sikar x kashmir azad)
ss016 Panamanian Space probe (Panama x Kashmir)
ss017 Portable Spaceship (Pure Kush x Lao x Kashmir)
ss018 Laughing Lemon (Lemon thai x OMG)
ss019 Eden Transmission (Vietnamese 7 x afghan)
ss020
ss021 Staff Of Life (NL2 x Thai x Artifact 1 Afghan)
ss022 pleiadian artifact (Vietnamese x Kashmir x A1 Afghan)

Been trying to finish the list created by @lambchopedd

28 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, though OMG was on the list of “long gone” Dads that Nube posted back in the summer of '21, so presumably the Laughing Lemons were sitting in the fridge for a good bit.

11 Likes

PSA the wiki is open for the yogi co-op

10 Likes

Laughing Lemon is a great pick and isn’t very old fortunately.

TIP: this only works for “newer-released” strains released in the last 7-10 years.
If a search is done on Great Lakes Genetics’ site, it shows the date it was released. In this case Feb. 8, 2021.

Unfortunately for re-releases like Secret Chief, Red Eye Jedi and Black Triangle, it only shows the date of the last release, not the first original release date.

16 Likes

Ha, nice! I didn’t know that! Very cool @BudWhisperer

5 Likes

If you have any fulvic acid, that seems to work well when soaking seeds. I’ll add like a half-teaspoon to a third of a gallon of water. Sometimes more, though haha, I don’t really have a “method.”

11 Likes

Thanks! For info on older strains released before GLG opened 7-8 yrs. ago, i do a search on JBC.

Though no release dates are listed, a lot of other info is shown. Such as that Jabbas Stash won a “medical” cup in 2013. I hope someone here does a repro of JS.

23 Likes

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it. Nice tips there @BudWhisperer.

Maybe not as old as I feared then, will still give em a bit extra as a precaution and see how they go!

Cheers for the list @CocoaCoir, man I’d love to sample all of them!

Fulvic sounds like a less sterile way (than H202) of doing it @minitiger which could be better as more natural, will have to give that a go sometime. Tbh, I just generally stick them in filtered water or put them in Eazyplugs straight, they’re awesome.

10 Likes

I use a seedling mat and get a ceramic plate then put them in almost wet paper towel with room temperature RO filtered water inside of a ziplock bag and then put a ceramic bowl over that so the heat can accumulate and they usually pop within twelve hours. I have to check and let the air out sometimes because due to the heat the air will expand the bag. The seedling mat really helps. It depends on the environment and some people will not need it to get to 78 degrees F +/-

5 Likes

That’s one I’ve wanted to grow forever! Ironically Its the strain that really made me start copping Bodhi gear as my mentor grew out 3 and it was absolutely stellar! I ended up taking 95% I loved it so much. Been looking since and that was a long time ago! Once I get closer to the time I’d be doing the repro I’ll put out a post as I have others to get to first, I have 5 atm. I remember someone having some and offering them when needed but for the life of me can’t remember who it was. Hopefully when I toss up that post they will see it. It’s fitting since I have had a 20+ year obsession with bubba.

10 Likes

I think TorontoToke made some seeds with Jabba’s. Not 100% though.
I know ShwaggyP did

20 Likes

I got the F2’s I have from @Torontoke the Schwaggy version though. Miss that guy

7 Likes

Don’t sleep on TT’s seeds . I grew out a few he sent and found some amazing plants. They are in one of my grow journals on trollitup.
Grandmaster Tahoe x RKU , More Cowbell x Lucky Charms , and I think one other I can’t remember atm.

13 Likes