Vietnamese x Columbian x Afghani F3 line work

Bodhi’s VCA Supernatural Selection is my favorite smoke going right now. I recently found many more F2’s that I made in 2019.

I am soaking three seeds from each mother to begin my work on F3. (Pic taken before adding water.) I’m looking for a very psychoactive plant with a crinkly leaf until I hit it with seaweed. I want that as one of the parents for my F3’s.

My breeding philosophy is simple: I want to lock in plant expressions (effects) that I love, in reliable seed form, and gradually work them to be more homozygous. To do this, I begin with either a full preservation or a limited number of seeds, leaving the full gene pool still available. Then, my goal is to make generational progress toward excluding a percentage of undesirable traits. When my favorites have reached a level of homozygosity, they will be suitable to use in real F1 hybrids. More on philosophy some other time.

I’m here to make friends, and I’m super stoked you dropped by. I have no clue how long this will take, but chances are good I’ll get the plant I’m looking for in this first seed pop. They are fairly typical. :v:

65 Likes

Very excited to see this come to fruition!

Pulling up a chair to watch and good luck my friend!

:four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

I could only wait like 48 hours after I found those seeds lol

It’s going down brother!

6 Likes

If it’s Bodhi genetics, you’ve already got a 50% shot at success, but either way, good luck on the project.
I’m sure you’ll stumble upon some killer plants worth the effort. I’ll be keeping an eye on it here.

4 Likes

Does anyone know which Afghani this is?

2 Likes

Oh fun pulling up the bean bag chair and bong for this one

4 Likes

Hey ya
Am also curious about these genetics.
Good luck with your grow :+1:t3:

Will follow along
:chair: :popcorn:

2 Likes

I’m really liking your reference to SeaWeed.
I have to ask, What’s going to happen “post Krinkly Leaf”… + seaweed etc

I’m In Bud, you have me curious on this one

Best Wishes with your post @DietPeps I’m here in the 2nd row.

ps I have a Zamaldelica Auto in motion, that’s showing some Crinkly traits… and I do have some seaweed . . .

3 Likes

Can I get a hit of that?

3 Likes

I’m curious to know myself. It came out around the time of DLA 5, but who knows when he made these or with what.

3 Likes

Very nice - the Vietnamese he uses seems like a unique one. I think it’s the same one used in Zap and the T.V. cross.

I believe it is a dread bread male he did a few crosses with - so mangobiche x old mother ghani.

4 Likes

Oh… a little tiny bit of dilute seaweed one time completely stops the crinkle in the vca. I got the idea from someone else, so it might be a thing.

1 Like

I think it’s the Vietnamese dominance that makes this really heady. Takes me back to a Vietnamese I smoked years ago.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll prep a small bit just for this.
Soak for 12hrs, I’ll apply it tonight !
Thanks @DietPeps

1 Like

Nice - yeah Zap is one I’d like to get to soon, just seems so unique to anything I’ve grown so far as a pure sativa hybrid. Just need to line things up right… :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh…. That makes sense: Vietnamese x Dread Bread

2 Likes

I’m sure that comes into play, some Thai phenos can be amazing and heady as well maybe they have a common ancestor of some kind…

1 Like

…hence my suspicion that Staff of Life will be incredible, as well. :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome @DietPeps this one’s gonna be real good! That pedigree is epic! 3 absolutely stellar strains combined! I always wanted to see this one ! Sweeet

3 Likes

Yeah there’s really no garbage in this one!

2 Likes