Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

PSA the wiki is open for the yogi co-op

10 Likes

Laughing Lemon is a great pick and isn’t very old fortunately.

TIP: this only works for “newer-released” strains released in the last 7-10 years.
If a search is done on Great Lakes Genetics’ site, it shows the date it was released. In this case Feb. 8, 2021.

Unfortunately for re-releases like Secret Chief, Red Eye Jedi and Black Triangle, it only shows the date of the last release, not the first original release date.

16 Likes

Ha, nice! I didn’t know that! Very cool @BudWhisperer

5 Likes

If you have any fulvic acid, that seems to work well when soaking seeds. I’ll add like a half-teaspoon to a third of a gallon of water. Sometimes more, though haha, I don’t really have a “method.”

11 Likes

Thanks! For info on older strains released before GLG opened 7-8 yrs. ago, i do a search on JBC.

Though no release dates are listed, a lot of other info is shown. Such as that Jabbas Stash won a “medical” cup in 2013. I hope someone here does a repro of JS.

23 Likes

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it. Nice tips there @BudWhisperer.

Maybe not as old as I feared then, will still give em a bit extra as a precaution and see how they go!

Cheers for the list @CocoaCoir, man I’d love to sample all of them!

Fulvic sounds like a less sterile way (than H202) of doing it @minitiger which could be better as more natural, will have to give that a go sometime. Tbh, I just generally stick them in filtered water or put them in Eazyplugs straight, they’re awesome.

10 Likes

I use a seedling mat and get a ceramic plate then put them in almost wet paper towel with room temperature RO filtered water inside of a ziplock bag and then put a ceramic bowl over that so the heat can accumulate and they usually pop within twelve hours. I have to check and let the air out sometimes because due to the heat the air will expand the bag. The seedling mat really helps. It depends on the environment and some people will not need it to get to 78 degrees F +/-

5 Likes

That’s one I’ve wanted to grow forever! Ironically Its the strain that really made me start copping Bodhi gear as my mentor grew out 3 and it was absolutely stellar! I ended up taking 95% I loved it so much. Been looking since and that was a long time ago! Once I get closer to the time I’d be doing the repro I’ll put out a post as I have others to get to first, I have 5 atm. I remember someone having some and offering them when needed but for the life of me can’t remember who it was. Hopefully when I toss up that post they will see it. It’s fitting since I have had a 20+ year obsession with bubba.

10 Likes

I think TorontoToke made some seeds with Jabba’s. Not 100% though.
I know ShwaggyP did

20 Likes

I got the F2’s I have from @Torontoke the Schwaggy version though. Miss that guy

7 Likes

Don’t sleep on TT’s seeds . I grew out a few he sent and found some amazing plants. They are in one of my grow journals on trollitup.
Grandmaster Tahoe x RKU , More Cowbell x Lucky Charms , and I think one other I can’t remember atm.

13 Likes

No doubt, great guy, grower and chucker imho. Nice!

4 Likes

I’m out of likes for next 72 hrs lol.

It was Shwaggy’s 8? pheno Jabbas Stash grow and smoke report on RIU that got me into that strain. Tons of photos and descriptions.

I got 7 seeds of these from Shoe in 2017 or ‘18. He wasn’t sure if it was Basement Dank or Shwaggy who made them. Label is diff. from Shwaggy’s release, so maybe an early release?

16 Likes

That GT X RKU sounds deadly! I’ll try and find em next time I’m over there.

4 Likes

His riu thread was amazing. SOOOO much information and how to in one thread.
Amazing dudes , both of them.

9 Likes

Most definitely, Schwaggy is responsible for my love and/or obsession with so many strains. And for a lot of knowledge I have as well.
@BudWhisperer that thread solidified my want to grow her for sure. I absolutely love anything SP does! He’s also a great and extremely generous and knowledgeable guy as well. Our first conversation/message went on almost steady for 2 days (minus sleep break) guys like a strain encyclopaedia too :wink:. He also taught me how to clone PROPERLY

4 Likes

Both TT and Schwaggy P sent me seeds simply because I asked about a strain.
TT sent them when I posted in the Bodhi thread wishing I could afford to buy more packs. He sent a buncha killer Bodhi crosses and F2’s.
For the record I have never actually bought a Bodhi pack lol I have just grown out what kind folks have gifted me and tested for him a few times.
Schwaggy P sent them when I posted in the useful thread asking if he would be rereleasing his GG#4 fem ever again. He replied he wasn’t . Schwaggy pmed me that he held a pack and would be happy to send it. Once he found out I lived in Canada , he said he didn’t wanna mess with custom forms so he would get usefull to mail them to me. Between the two of them they sent me a tons of strains .

All the folks involved in the above stories , did an amazing job of spreading the love when they weren’t even asked to.
I am forever grateful

17 Likes

That label looks like a useful label to me . Opposite colors as this one , but I am pretty sure the GG#4 fems had the same colors as yours

17 Likes

I agree 100% about the label

3 Likes

That’s what i thought too, but i felt useful used a silver (not gold) sticker. My memory could be wrong. It often is.

EDIT it sure looks like the same type style. I think You nailed it.
So maybe it’s an f2 of Shwaggy’s work done by Useful? I think he released as a freebie the good man @nube’s Dank Sinatra f2. Heard amazing things about Nube’s work in his DS f2.

Got 8 seeds of this from Shoe in ‘17 or ‘18. Maybe a DS f3 is overdue.

12 Likes