Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Blueberry hill and other strains with this mother were released, but not this (dj short’s blueberry cut x apollo).

I’m only seeing this on tester lists when I search breedbay, not any releases.

9 Likes

You linked blueberry hill, blueberry x Appalachia. But the pack in question, that doug hasn’t even agreed to receive yet, much less do anything with, is blueberry x Apollo 13 F3. I think it’s still unreleased. If so, zephyr is right, they can’t be bred to or with at all.

11 Likes

They sure can. Just not by the one guy who bodhi sent them to. The problem is that guys, he won’t be ask to test again.

3 Likes

This is a good point. I am mistaken to assume that BB x Apollo was also released.
I will edit my posts above.

3 Likes

The crosses with apollo dad were mostly unreleased. I know temple of apollo (temple x apollo 11) was one that was released, not sure which others.

9 Likes

I’d ask bodhi if at all possible, if they were only testers and never freebies or anything else.

I think this line is two fold. Dj said money for blueberry, and bodhi stopped working with the Apollo when brothers grimm came back.

12 Likes

Actually the tester is the only person who could breed with them, but they would have to get in touch with bodhi and get his express permission to work with unreleased stock before doing any breeding.

12 Likes

Doug is under no contract. If that person sent him seeds. He is welcome to do with them as he pleases.
Morally different story.

6 Likes

An excerpt from bodhi’s tester agreement form for reference:

please wait for the line to be released before breeding with the testers. if the line turns out sub par we don’t want the genes released into the greater gene pool. we are working together to coax out the pinnacles of cannabis expression here on earth.

indeed.

11 Likes

Bodhi stops in at BreedBay a few times a year. Someone can ask him there, but faster if the Tester person just emails Bodhi to ask.
Unless the tester seeds were bought from a third party. I’ve seen Bodhi tester seeds being sold on strainly for example.

10 Likes

This sounds like an adventure, someone try to contact Bodhi :compass:. Completely unrelated, my dog’s name is Bodhi

8 Likes

@DougDawson I’m sorry if I came off abrasive or anything. You asked for info about that tester for a potential f2, and my immediate reaction was, “Oh shit Doug, there’s a big problem here with this strain”

I’m sorry I didn’t have good news for you.

I just didn’t want you to get involved with a project or deal that you might regret taking part in, just because you didn’t know about the line, bodhi’s tester agreement, and the verbal contract the tester made by receiving the seeds.

16 Likes

Thanks for keeping an eye out for our OG brothers and sisters!

11 Likes

That’s just the way it came off to me. I asked a simple question.

This is all I was after, not a lesson in morality. I did not need the action group, nor to be told I am a representative of the action group. It is all irrelevant to my request for info on the strain.

I am well aware of what the action group stands for, I have been a member since it was conceived. I know Bodhi’s stance as well, I have read it a few times. Simply letting me know these were testers was sufficient to tell me I should not F2 them.

The first thing you responded was the Co-op would never use unreleased testers. Totally irrelevant to what I asked. I did not propose a Co-op run. You say you tagged the group because any potential project or strain considerations is relevant to the whole group. It is I who would decide if I wanted this to be a potential project but I did not. So there is no reason for the action group to be researching anything. Then you go on to tell me how I am a public representative. Sorry man but these felt very preachy and judgmental considering I proposed nothing about a project and am well aware of my position in the community.

You know man, I appreciate that but it didn’t need all of this. To me you did come off very negative. This is neither good news or bad news to me. Someone asked to trade for some of my Sour Bubble. They asked if I would be willing to do an F2 on these rare seeds. I knew nothing about them so I asked. I have no skin in this game, I just wanted to start by asking folks about the strain. There is no way I would get involved in a project without doing my research. This was merely step one of said research and you seemed to already have me doing a Co-op run, tagging the action group and talking about me distributing them.

Look @zephyr , I know you are passionate about these things and I appreciate that. It’s one of the reasons I voted to bring you into the Co-op with the other members. You must have seen I have much the same passion as we have been working together for a while now. I just think you jumped the gun here and put the cart 3 miles in front of the horse. Perhaps I am just a sensitive guy but I really think you could have laid that out in a much better way bud. I do appreciate you looking out man.

13 Likes

Sorry for that misunderstanding too.

In part, I use co-op guidelines as a benchmark for any of my own projects, so it’s always on my mind when I’m thinking about an f2.
That’s my standard of comparison.

I wanted to reference bodhi’s agreement with lemonadejoe and the co-op for f2 projects as an example of bodhi’s policy.

The co-op got mixed in because it was on my mind, should have realized it was out of context here.

12 Likes

Fair enough and no worries. I am just not one to rush. I go through my due diligence so I am not going to get stuck in something that is not cool. Like I say bud, I am a member of the Co-op as well, got to have a little faith. I tend to take things one step at a time. Gather my info, analyze it and then move to the next step. In this case step one revealed these to be testers and as such should not be F2ed according to Bodhi’s tester agreement. For me that was enough to not bother looking at step 2 :wink:

Anyway onward we go my friend and all is good. I got no hard feelings, just a simple misunderstanding that I am glad to have cleared up :v:

15 Likes

Yeah with them being quite a few years old I wonder what Bodhi would say if asked. That might be a question for the original tester to ask though…

4 Likes

Naw bud, I already turned them down, lol. He also offered me SSDD x Bubba Katsu, SSDD x Goji OG and Silver Sunshine. I am not really looking for a breeding project as I have a few stacked up already but if I am going to get seeds they might was well be something worthy of reproducing in case I want to go that way down the road. Also just found 5 more BMR F1’s. Sure not Bodhi but still, I will land that great white buffalo one day, lol.

12 Likes

little update in the 4x4 1-3 gogi daydream(ssdd x gogi) and old soul 1

24 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 3).