Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

That is all good, I wasn’t even responding about MMS in particular but a lot of breeders/seed makers in general.

7 Likes

good genetics can come from anywhere. its a shame when people taint the reputation of a particular genetic heritage with pettiness, ego, money, etc. the plant is responsible for none of it. grow whatever and be responsible for changing the course of that plants history if it suits you

20 Likes

I see what folks here mean when they say Bodhi’s gear is reasonably priced. JBC Seeds has a lot of his stuff on sale for $52/pack. That’s like one-third the cost of the last seeds I bought. Even regularly priced at $73 they’re reasonable. Problem with those prices is that I’ll just buy 2 or 3 packs instead of sticking to just one…

14 Likes

Headie gardens is having a sale for 3 packs at 45 per pack, with a freebie. It requires a password to register which is I think Muff Cabbage. Great guy who runs it, but he’s dealing with family stuff and is a little behind to ship just heads up.

12 Likes

As it says in that seedfinder description, that review was taken from higherthought (who’s my favorite “weed reviewer” and who all of you should check out). I suspect that whoever the friend was who gave him those f2 seeds just slapped the word “Extreme” on and higherthought went with it (this is why I hate people fucking around and just renaming shit at their leisure, like it doesn’t matter or add to the ridiculous amount of confusion when it comes to cannabis genetics). Then seedfinder added it to their list and voila! Now there’s a Genius Thai Extreme.

The modern farm thing lists the genetics as Lemon Thai x Apollo Genius; higherthought lists it as Apollo Genius x landrace Thai. As far as I know, when Bodhi kind of reverses the parents of a cross (even though Lemon Thai and a landrace Thai are not the same thing), he typically calls it a “remix” or “2.0” or something like that. It’s possible he decided not to do that in this case, I dunno.

I also don’t remember Lemon Thai being listed in the genetics when I tested those seeds, but again, I could be wrong and just don’t remember correctly. But when I grew those, I don’t recall ever thinking,”Oh, there’s Lemon Thai in this cross…” Maybe @bodhi can chime in.

Haha! Just kidding! I know that dude isn’t logging on to OG…

19 Likes

You want them back? They’re definitely something on my radar, but not for awhile for sure. No sweat off my back at all.

8 Likes

Awesome, i’ll look into the AKBB Chocolope.

4 Likes

Your description of Chocolope reminds me of Jack Herer. Jack is my fave as it seems to have more variety of phenos than Sour Diesel or SSH. Jack is all up and happy, sometimes clear sometimes trippy. Classic herb.

4 Likes

Anybody interested in trading for a full pack of unopened ZAP. Moving soon and tryng to raise funds or get some genetics that im interested in. Thank you

11 Likes

Ok good thank you for clarifying the Thai genetic. It is important because diff. Thai strains have very diff. effects. My high school days can attest to that.

Update: i researched Breedbay and found a test grower of Genius Thai from 2014 who said that there were 5 diff. Lemon Thai females used in the cross.

8 Likes

25 Likes

You are a good person to share your experience and beans.

10 Likes

I may be asking in the wrong place, but are there dank sinatra f2’s still around anywhere? This has been my unicorn strain after searching around here.

11 Likes

Lights on and 8/8 Sun Ra F2s are up in Red Solos at 12/12 from seed.

8 Likes

Guess I should do something with this Blue Sunshine male lol it’s getting big. My outside garden has been taking up a lot of my time. Going to put this dude in a tent and flip in the next day or 2

22 Likes

If I get a male, sometimes instead of just cutting and composting, I will neglect/torture it to see how much shit they can take. Like cut it back to one node and see if it can handle it. No water for longer periods of time. Never repotting it. I like to know how far they will go before they die to know what kinda shit I can get away with on female plants.

I’m thinking about trying to graft a female cutting onto a male plant and see if it takes and what the fuck would happen if i flowered it. A 1 plant f2 machine? Who knows

21 Likes

Somebody on IC grafted male and female plants together successfully. Idk if they went all the way and flowered, but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t work, as long as the flowering times jived.

14 Likes

Hahaha… No, dude, not at all. I was just talking shit, happy to have sent them to you. You may wanna move them up the list, though, I really liked the OMG-leaner I grew. And the other one, too.

13 Likes

Think I should move them above original DJ short Flo, or spice of life glo repro, or top dawg dirty taxi. Those 3 are on deck, pretty locked in, just not sure in what order, but possibly all at once.

12 Likes

Also def. hit up the seed trading thread for Dank Sinatra f2s:

6 Likes