Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Thanks I added it to my Watched list. Love those Pure Vida F2 pics & report he did.

I imagine most everyone here scooped the H&L Appy F3??

What a great time we live in with all the choices to be had. 10 or 12 years ago there was nothing like the selection & opportunity we have today.

15 Likes

Well thatā€™s good to know. Iā€™ve been keeping my eyes peeled for that one. Guess I can scratch that off the list now.

Wish he would. I donā€™t think the new BG ā€œApollo Elevenā€ has the gorilla arm phenos. Their website said they just used the Genius mom. Not sure if thereā€™s still a possibility to find gorilla arms? Always been curious about the stock he used to get back in the game. He doesnā€™t really go into details about it that Iā€™ve seen. But I donā€™t think his new Apollo Eleven is the same as it used to be. Hence the name change to ā€œApollo Elevenā€. If it was we probably wouldnā€™t be looking out for older stuff. Iā€™ve never grown it though, so I canā€™t say with 100% certainty. But it makes sense to me just based on what Iā€™ve seen and the fact people would rather find older stock than buy the new Apollo Eleven which is easily found. I have their G13 Genius to grow out at some point. Also not sure if youā€™re aware, but BG is going to only be making fems now, so if thereā€™s any regs youā€™re interested in Iā€™d scoop em up!

14 Likes

yeah my understanding is BG lost all their original stock and are working from the last bit of seeds made. Maybe some early packs :man_shrugging: Regardless, none of it is the same as before.

Honestly, the appy dad was so dominant, especially in the F2ā€™s, that I havenā€™t bothered. Iā€™m sure someone here will make F4ā€™sā€¦ but Iā€™ve found Green Crack like bud in every single appy cross Iā€™ve run. A lot of the plants from the different appy crosses came out the same imo, just different flavors to the same high.

19 Likes

Mota received those Apollo 11 F4s from Dandaweedman or Dandaweedguy (or some shit like that haha) back around 2008 or so. Maybe earlier than that. My memory serves me less and less correctly these days. He received the Apollo 13 F4s from Mendel around 2010 or so. I donā€™t think that I ever had the pleasure of looking through the Apollo 11 F4s, but I definitely ran the Apollo 13 F4s and quite a few other things that Mendel shared with me. He was a good dude. Taking a trip down tattered memory lane now haha. Positive vibesā€¦

~nugzz

16 Likes

I just grabbed a couple pictures last night. Iā€™ve been planning to take them out for individual shots but they are floppy and I just got around to doing a nice tie up job last night.
Endor Score day 50

34 Likes

Whatā€™s ā€œgorilla armsā€? Does that mean, like, epic yielders or something? I mean, Iā€™ve heard about it before, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever considered what it actually means until just now haha.

16 Likes

ā€œGorilla Armā€ was the heavy yielding indica pheno of Apollo:

"

Motarebel

Wish mendel was around as i havenā€™t grown the A-13 yet. I have grown out A-11 several times and was around during the old CW days when Fet and other big heads declared the ā€œGeniusā€ phenoā€™s branching had a heavy zig zig pattern."

@SCJedi did you have any observations from your run of what the Gorilla Arm looked, grew, or smoked like when you ran a bunch of Bodhiā€™s repro?

18 Likes

Ah, okay, so it does mean ā€œheavy yields.ā€ Thatā€™s what I thought haha.

Why was an ā€œIndica phenoā€ of an Apollo hybrid (offshoot?) considered more desirable or whatever? Just because of the yields? I thought the whole point (of Apollo 11, anyway, never grown A13) was that you got a seven-week plant that had a sorta ā€œSativaā€-type high.

Personally, I donā€™t think that Bodhiā€™s Apollo 11 f4ā€™s were exceptionally ā€œSativa-ishā€ as far as the high was concerned, but they were all so dang delicious-smelling/tasting that it didnā€™t really matter hahaā€¦ His description about ā€œrotten pineapple Cheetosā€ was so fucking accurate. Very tasty. The yields were okay, too, but not epic or anything. And they definitely finished at 49 days on the nose.

I dunno. I dunno what Iā€™m even talking about right now. Iā€™m already a little drunk hahaā€¦ Why are we talking about this again? I forgot hahahaā€¦

20 Likes

Bodhi made notes to look for the short squat phenos on the A13/A11 OP that I did. 10 of the 11 plants (sans runt) were all taller candelabras. The one short squat plant was overlooked because it was one of the males but he was a star quarterback. So, yes I saw it, but no I did not get to smoke it

18 Likes

Looking thru my Bodhi collection I found a pack of those Apollo 13 and also some F2ā€™s from the old seedbay made by a top shelf grower in australia. So many seeds, so little time but I really should get to popping those sooner than later

21 Likes

Ssdd bx 5 taking down the outdoor today taking pictures as I go

Old soul 1

36 Likes

Considering Mr Soul has a vested interest in other peopleā€™s releases of A13 not selling well or being viewed as inferior, Iā€™d take his perspective with a grain of salt.

20 Likes

I can see the logic in thisā€¦ but find it extremely odd that Brothers Grimm doesnā€™t even offer Apollo 13 in seed formā€¦ they did for a short while. They definitely had Subcoolā€™s cut of Apollo 13ā€¦ same one used to make Vortex, as I remember reading thatā€¦ and for whatever reason you canā€™t buy Apollo 13 from Brothers Grimm todayā€¦ I thought it was strange and asked Mr Soul and he said something that I didnā€™t think made much senseā€¦ about how itā€™s discontinued and replaced with another strainā€¦ I think it was his Princess Haze? I canā€™t remember which one he saidā€¦ I just remember being disappointed in the response. I loved Apollo 13BX from TGA over a decade agoā€¦ as I loved my A11gf3 and would give anything to get those plants back.

Itā€™s also worth mentioning regarding the motarebel seedsā€¦ Iā€™ve heard multiple people say his Apollo 13 wasnā€™t greatā€¦ Iā€™ve never myself tried it but heā€™s made Apollo 13 a very long timeā€¦ when I tried the TGA A13bx and had a plant that mirrored the mother used in that backcrossā€¦ it was the most uplifting type of high with zero paranoia. A real soaring high with no ceiling and didnā€™t make me the slightest bit anxious. I thought it was pretty special.

15 Likes

All this talk about Apollo 11 makes me seriously reminisce about Subcoolā€™s Apollo 13 BX, but I didnā€™t know if it was appropriate being a bodhi thread haha.

Huge Weednerd here just as my screen name says, I learned most of what I know about growing from Subcool and other Weednerds but man Iā€™m glad I was able to help preserve Vortex!

Now letā€™s get a repro run of Apollo 13 BX! Seriously, whoever has any of those or Bodhi Apollo 11 genius F3s think about doing an OP.

Iā€™d do it if I had them still, as I always thought Iā€™d be able to score more beans of Apollo 13 BX, so I have many TGA strains in my collection but I am lacking those sadlyā€¦

But I might grab Bodhiā€™s Endor Score from GLG soon just to have some Apollo leaning phenotypes too!

16 Likes

Mr Soul is the frontman to Brothers Grimm. The common thread in all stories says heā€™s never really had much to do with the actual growing/breeding. So Iā€™m guessing he only knows what heā€™s toldā€¦and heā€™s told to sell the seeds theyā€™re making now.

15 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna be impossibleā€¦ I highly doubt youā€™ll be able to find someone this many years later with a viable pack. These are old. The ones I have were from over 12 years ago and if they do crack I promise Iā€™d F2 them but the seeds themselves were what Bodi called ā€œsecondsā€ small and mostly immature looking seedsā€¦ these were the ones he kept himself and didnā€™t make retail. Thereā€™s a chance they might be okayā€¦ when I move into my new space they will be the very first thing I attempt. Iā€™ll follow my own method for older seeds and give it a goā€¦ I have around 20 of themā€¦ weā€™ll see when that happens. Iā€™ve got some Mothers milk, Larry Lotus, Dream Lotus, Dank Sinatraā€¦ etc too, but theyā€™re all from the same era and werenā€™t stored in ideal conditions when I nearly stroked out and needed emergency brain surgery and was on a long hiatusā€¦ but Iā€™ll try.

18 Likes

i have 3 apollo 11g f4 seeds left from bodhi, but i plan to use them in a project so iā€™m going to search for a female and i donā€™t really have a way to f2 them. i already made my ā€œApollo Apeā€ using a mother from that pack and it seems to be a well-liked strain, sorry iā€™m in no position to f2 them.

16 Likes

Man Iā€™m so glad you pulled through such a difficult situation! @MonsterDrank Iā€™ve been hospitalized for a long while in the past myself for several injuries so I canā€™t imagine going through a brain surgery. Scary stuff.

I definitely get you on how hard it would be to find anyone who has any and can F2 them, but I can certainly dream haha.

And @anonymous4289 hey man I totally understand, but using it in a cross as a mom, and getting an Apollo dominant phenotype would be almost as good as F2ā€™s !

15 Likes

Thanks man :slight_smile:

4" Wallmort desk fan w/USB plugā€¦ you supply the block.

11 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s ā€œimpossibleā€ at all. Iā€™ve got a pack that Iā€™m confident will pop whenever I get around to planting them, even if itā€™s three or five years from now. Iā€™m not worried about it. Theyā€™ll grow.

16 Likes