Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Originally I only bought 1 pack, really loved what I saw and failed a reveg on my favorite. I wanted to buy some more to make sure I could find the same pheno or better again.

Then GLG decided to add 250~ packs as freebies during BOGO. For a long time there was little talk about SunRa on the forums other than 1 negative review on RIU. I was concerned the high number of freebies was a signal that sales weren’t as high as anticipated, and wondered whether Bodhi would actually bother making more if he’s giving them away in those numbers. I know he could, but without hype would he? No other freebies caught my eye at the time other than chem91SVA x SSDD, so I grabbed 1 of those as well. There was a lot of online interest in this variety at the time and I didn’t want to hoard 10 packs when others were more excited about running it. Since then I realized it was a bit excessive so I’ve given away at least 4-5 packs locally and here on OG combined. So basically just BOGO and GLG seed drop frenzy it was a quick impulsive decision…

The few W15 lines that I’ve tried I really liked. Not sure how much Wookie expression was present though. The lavender phenos don’t appeal to me, but that’s just my taste. Also I wasn’t the biggest fan of Granola Funk but Space Monkey and SunRa are great in my book.

Seriously. Space Monkey as well is similarly good at testing out how well the carbon filter works.

Not yet, reinforcing my decision not to take more than 1 freebie of it :upside_down_face: . I do intend to try it someday though.

26 Likes

Well after hearing all the talk about Sunra and it’s effects etc gotta scoop a pack sfv is a favorite og of mine have yet to try a wookie cross but seems to be a lot of love for wookie so I’m sure there’s awesome stuff in there hillbill descriptions are always top notch yours too :joy:and did you run that that 91chemSVA x ssdd that sounds crazy good too @syzygy

15 Likes

What strains of Bodhi’s are like that so I don’t buy them? :joy:

6 Likes

i got 2 words for you Sour Diesel. And also C99 but SD is a bit less paranoia inducing. SD makes me wanna do jumping jacks, in my kitchen. It’s GO GO GO weed.

14 Likes

Bodhi’s Mountain Temple was too racy for me, but i probably cut it early.
Maybe avoid Zap and Metal Haze.

I think you’re safe w most any Bodhi strain. Bodhi’s males can tame the crazy sativa females. Some Skunks, Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer can be racy alone but make great Bodhi hybrids when paired w his males.

15 Likes

Agreed :joy:I’m weird I love those racy uplifting super anxiety giving heart pounding strains then again I’m someone who likes and can handle large doses of Psychedelics too

13 Likes

I had a bad time in Amsterdam with a haze and I bugged out. I’m sitting on a pack of top dawg pineapple haze which I realized after I smoked a haze recently post the purchase of this pack. I have no idea what to do with because I’m too scared to smoke it :joy:

14 Likes

Pineapple haze :eyes: bet that’s some kill but I can see how that could be an issue for you if hazes aren’t your thing :joy:one of my favorites of mine is super lemon haze I want to get some dread bread from bodhi I bet there’s some nice racy mango phenos from that mango biche and saw a grow here out in az someone did outdoors looked so good

9 Likes

Random but has anyone grown out Bodhi’s NL2 x 88g13 ? It seems like it’s a very slow grower and I’m wondering if I should crank up my veg light a bit on it to help expedite things a little?

8 Likes

So, I have never had pureC99, had a couple different crosses, none were “racy”. Had something called Sour Diesel, but idk if it was accurate, as it was just kind of “normal weed” no uppityness to speak of.
The only Bodhi strain I have grown is Soar, and it isn’t really racy. Motivating, sure, but I think that comes from making everything fun, as much as being racy.
I grew some Chocolate Thai from Hazeman, one of those my wife called the “smoked crack” pheno. If Soar is “I’m gonna was the dishes, that’ll be fun” the smoked crack chocolate thai was “IM GONNA WASH THE FUCKING DISHES! AAAHHH!” That was ok, but a bit on the edge for me, kind of just made me feel pissed haha. Very little positive attitude adjustment.
I have a pack of dread bread, not sure when I’m gonna pop it, maybe this coming winter.
I’ve got a handful of Doc D A5H crosses going now, we’ll see what those get me.
I have a pile of potentially uppity beans actually, hard to pick which to grow first haha.
The best up high I have ever had was Chocolope, hands down. I wrote a pretty detailed description of it for someone recently, I’ll see if I can find it.

15 Likes

chocolope has been a favorite of mine too! grew dnas chocolope back in 2011 was such a good high have heard good reports on soar stoked to see what comes of those dread bread when you get around to them too :grin: @potpotpot

9 Likes

I’d say it’s genetic. Neither the NL2 or the Ghash are particularly vigorous in veg.

14 Likes

I’ve got a Black Triangle F3 that is a super slow vegger. Popped at the end of Feb, it might be 16" tall now. I planted it in my garden outside and seems to be doing better. Burnout Chem from Dominion is about the same too. Popped around the same time and still short af.

For comparison, the lower left bushy girl is Brother’s Grimm Rosetta Stone. Black Triangle F3 upper right, Burnout Chem upper left. All seeds were planted at the same time.

28 Likes

Yeah I know going into it. I tried searching to see old posts mentioning if they liked more light etc. but didn’t see much. Only way to see is turn the light up a bit, and see how they respond.

8 Likes

Maybe offer to trade the Pineapple Haze? I guarantee people will find that one interesting.

OR, let it ripen until a lot of amber trichs are visible. It’ll reduce the haze effect. I accidentally let a Strawberry Cough ripen too long and it became nap-time weed.

12 Likes

You gotta check out Smart Move. It’s Lemon Thai x Apollo 11 “Genius cut” X OMG. OMG reportedly has a lot of Limonene so is more happy and stimulating than trad. Afghan strains.

18 Likes

Oh I’m for sure having to scoop a pack of smart move after reading a few reports on it and having a half a pack of them get lost in the mail that were being sent to me I have to give it a try love anything lemon forward hoping to get a lemon pinesol pheno out of my 1 old soul girl too :+1::blush:

11 Likes

Yes def give it more light. I think NL is in Bubba and Bubba for me is slooow to grow. Frost-city and fast flower, but very slow to veg.

8 Likes

Didn’t even know you can trade em here but I opened up the pack to see if he sends extra beans and I didn’t know that may have deprecated the value.

5 Likes

If you found Chocolate Thai edgy, you would hate C99. It’s way edgier imho! It’s good for computer work or video games because you think really fast on it but it might feel too much like Speed/Meth for most people. Like Cocaine without the happy effects.

14 Likes