Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

The August Bodhi drops have started, some newnew being listed at GLO, https://gandlapparel.com/product-category/g/bodhi-seeds/.

• Mendo Sunshine = Mendo Purps x SSDD
  • Baba Kush = Bubba Kush x SSDD
  • Strawberry Headband = Loompa’s HB x Strawberry Milk
  • Banana Spliff = Banana OG x Wookie 15
  • Unicorn Milk = Mothers Milk #31 x Purple Unicorn f3 (pretty sure this is new)
  • Booty = Pirate Sweat x 88G13HP (pretty sure this is new too)

Looking forward to seeing what becomes available at my more preferred banks.

21 Likes

Agree. The Sakura male I’ve used did best in the yield department when crossed which big Sativas. Of course there were some exceptions… I liked the Sakura for its full flavor and effect. Not to mention the colors are pretty. Yield wasn’t great but when meshed with the right momma, great things happened.

@nube you actually were the reason I ran the Sakura right after I saw your test grow. Had a nice kushy chem pheno but the most wild one was like a cherry milkshake. Funky! Still need to run the F2s made w the milkshake and dark kushy chem phenos.

Hope you’re well! I need to slide on over to the bay more. That place has a special spot in my heart

18 Likes

CherryQueen X CherryQueen female pheno #1 (F1’s)
Breeder: Lefthand seeds using Bodhi’s genetics as the starting point.
My CQ phenos all look similar. All have same leaf and stem angle traits that make it instantly recognizeable to me now, now that I am running some…
CQ pheno1

29 Likes

CherryQueen X CherryQueen pheno1. You can tell she is in a ball shape. 4ft tall now.

CherryQueen X CherryQueen pheno #2 gettin’ bent in the corn, doing her thing.
Same leaf shape/size. same branching patterns, I just bent the top branch on this one to stretch her out sideways.

24 Likes

Credit: LeftHand seeds for the cool bean hookup.
He created seemingly homogenous F1’s as best I can tell.
Cant wait to see em in October!!!

12 Likes

Cool man. Been a couple years. How’d they germ for you? If you’re still in the deep south I understand why you’d want to keep your grow small, but you might want to pop more of those since they were open pollination and show a wide variety of phenos. Hope they turn out great. This thread is where I show the grow and talk about their needs. I’m sure you’ll remember it since it was broken out from your thread. :blush:

TLDR: they are mostly small stout bushes, light feeders, but bulletproof and easy to grow. No herms reported by anyone. Not much stretch except in the rare skinny-leaf pheno, so give them extra veg and top early and often. Finish between 8-9 weeks on almost all of them. The purple-tinted blueberry skunk pheno is the one you want, but apparently it’s very rare. @Torontoke found it once out of 40 of my F2 and @Al_Yamoni from RIU found it in his own F2.

That’s really cool to hear. :slight_smile: The best thing about the Sakura was the terp profile on those cherry phenos. A real crowd pleaser for sure. While BB is a great archive of bodhi seeds info, I quit posting over there and RIU, decided to move here full time cuz it’s got better moderation and is more community-oriented with the open trading/gifting/sharing seed & clone policy. Don’t tread on me! :us: And bodhi doesn’t visit BB but once a year anymore, if that.

22 Likes

GLG has a couple of strains listed that I’ve never seen before:
Smart Move (Genius Thai x OMG)
Master Hashplant (Vintage Master Kush x 88g13/HP)

There are some others like Red Lotus, Sunshine Queen, Sun Ra, and Pillow Book that I don’t recall seeing. Are all of those new?

14 Likes

One of my kashmir x strawberry milk testers. This one has a really sweet creamy strawberry kind of smell and is putting out some chunky buds.

21 Likes

Today’s fun fact: I planted 12 Kush4 x Snow Lotus (Bodhi freebies) outdoors and was rewarded with 12 females

21 Likes

Sun Ra has definitely been on since 420 or before . I remember seeing that smart move too and thinking how cool that one would be. Pretty sure it was there on the 420 drop then was gone.

7 Likes

Dsf2 from @nube

24 Likes

Sakura

28 Likes

Looking good, man. Both got another week or two to go? What day they on? That purple DS F2 pheno is sexy. Does it smell like blueberry skunk? If so, that’s the keeper. :wink:

Are those Sakura from the F2 I sent you? Also looking great! EDIT: I just answered my own question. In our PM from 2018 you said I only sent you DS F2. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

@nube Blueberry skunk sounds about right. Every plant from the dsf2 was very strong hashy tasting. I got the Sakuras from GLG. Definitely very pretty plants with one pheno being a smooth but funky cherry berry that almost singes your nose hairs off when opening the jar. Terrible yielder but boy was she some good smoke.

oh shit mb, forgot to mention these were from a past grow. they went about 9 weeks but the cherry sakura was taken at 8

13 Likes

I wanna get the master hashplant. Hope it’s still available on payday.

7 Likes

I scored an older strain from Bodhi called “yo momma” the guy I got it from says I’m gonna love it and from the research I’ve do e I’m sure he is correct!!!

13 Likes

Hi Guitarzan! None of those are ‘new’ like fresh drop new. I just harvested some pillow book not long ago - haven’t smoked much yet. Great color, great yielder.

I’ve been eyeing that red lotus for a while now. :thinking: :v:

8 Likes

Hey, you think these worth popping…found em in the bottom of the jar of hippy hashplant, tester’s from bodhi that I ran .

20 Likes

Here’s my grow report for the Smart Move, @Guitarzan if you’re interested: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/bodhi-tester-golden-triangle-88g13hp-plus-silver-mountain-larry-lotus-and-smart-move-genius-thai-x-omg.110433/

Bodhi sent me those as testers, but he released them before I finished my grow (took me a couple months to get to them). I got two distinct phenos, very different from one another, both good.

15 Likes

I’d grow them for sure never know what you might find.

7 Likes