Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

the appy x’s are my favorite. i missed out on the appalachian super skunk. i bet that was killer. ive done space monkey and it was great. i think thats the only wookie cross ive popped so far.

5 Likes

Rule of thumb back in day was when describing a cross the female is listed first then the male. But not everyone does this an example Appalachian super skunk where the male is listed first.

7 Likes

I don’t think the name of the cross necessarily follows those guidelines, only the lineage. Standard lineage notation is:

seed host listed first X pollen donor listed second

such that it covers feminized crosses as well.

It’s standards such as this that prevent confusion. The same can be said for the standard notation of days counted since the flip to flower light cycle (anything including and under 14hrs daylight, not including gaslight veg routines). To whoever’s reading this, always refer to days since flip, not days of apparent flowering, so that everybody knows and is on the same page. :wink:

@indyfarmer The Appalachian Super Skunk really missed the mark for me. It fell well short of my expectations, high as they were given the parentage. I sampled several phenos grown by a friend, and none did much for me.

The effects were pretty unremarkable with below average potency for an Appy cross, and no special effects that I could discern. The smell was muted and the vaped flower had a generic tropical fruity flavor. His four phenos turned out similar to Island Sweet Skunk crosses I’ve had.

It’s entirely possible they just didn’t like his system, or perhaps they were all poor phenos and there are better phenos to be hunted, but many of the other samples I had of his turned out loud, tasty, and potent! Appalachian Super Skunk was one of the very few bodhi retail strains that hasn’t wowed me with at least one standout pheno. I guess they can’t all be winners. :slight_smile:

Now…the real bodhi ASS could be tasty. American Skunk Selection.

21 Likes

The crosses def are…

3 Likes

thats good to know. im not sure what about it drew me to it but i trust your review of it and appreciate the info.

2 Likes

Anyone looking for some Bodhi f2 seeds? If so make your way over to Hardroc’s sever fund Auction.

There’s two lots of the following
10 Orange Gogi F1’s
20 Sunshine #4 F2’s
30 Good Medicine F2’s
50 UFS #18 F2’s
20 Orange Sunshine F2’s

15 Likes

Yes and 130 seeds in those 2 lots, it’s like seed heaven with some real beauties in the mix.

9 Likes

First post here on Overgrow,

Running some Bodhi gear with lots more to pop. Currently germed:

mountain temple
Granola funk
Black raspberry
Lemon Hashplant V2
Black triangle x strawberry milk

Waiting to pop:
Granola funk
Black triangle x strawberry milk
Mountain Temple
Terpnado
Forest Queen
Angelica
Passion fruit hash plant (lush x ghash)
Sun Ra
Lazy Lighting

I have the same bean collecting obsession as most of us do I believe, and my tents and garden can only facilitate so much bean popping at once. I will be trying to make some journals eventually with the pics I collect

Happy growing

23 Likes

Welcome to OG! Looking forward to seeing some of that fire that you have loaded. And yes, we all have that bean collecting obsession…lol

8 Likes

welcome @WheresMIweed that is a very flammable list you have there :heart_eyes: :fire:

:man_farmer:lime (asperations of being a seed collector :crazy_face: skint :astonished:)

4 Likes

Thank you, I’m still a noob to Bodhi’s work. My selections were made with basically no knowledge of Bodhi’s status, just noticed everyone loves Bodhi so I thought “I gotta find out what the fuss is about.”

9 Likes

Yeah, you made a good decision. Bohdi is definitely one of the top breeders. Almost certain that you are going to enjoy your finished product.
Like I said before we always look forward to some of pics of the grow.

5 Likes

Welcome. You will find some fire in that line up for sure. Go start an ongoing journal. I know everyone here would love to see all of those ran. You can’t hardly go wrong with Bodhi. Everything you have already germinated is great and some awesome strains. I’m not sure on some of the others but some of them are for sure great choices

4 Likes

I do have some pictures I have started for grow journals. I have my own wedding coming soon, but once that is done I am going into gardening overdrive lol.

I have some goals in mind that I am trying to refine. I will share once I can dedicate time to put em down. Thanks for the support!

11 Likes

Congratulations on your wedding!!!

5 Likes

Looks like this pic bodhi posted last week is a small 88G13HP pollination run to include

black triangle, some dla’s, more cowbell mint dub version, hash face

I’m super excited to see the potential return of some DLAs, hope DLA5 makes it into the mix!

Welcome @WheresMIweed ! You got a great lineup there. Going to be some fantastic headstash smoke! Can’t wait to read your journals. Please look around the site, enjoy the wealth of knowledge and seeds being shared around here. Once you get up to Member status (level 2) you’ll be able to sign up for some of the free preservation runs. We do them twice a year nowadays, but you’re always free to share and gift seeds with fellow members! We’re all trying to share the :heart:. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

:rainbow:

35 Likes

I saw that pic last week, too. Very exciting. Wouldn’t a Black Triangle/88G13HP cross essentially be an 88G13HP backcross?

13 Likes

Welcome to OG @WheresMIweed

5 Likes

That would be the case. But maybe the ghash is just pollinating the TK to creat more Black triangle?
excited for possible DLA restocks as well

10 Likes

That was quite the thread. I read the entire thing also. AND I am pretty sure I may have ended up with a couple of those packs through another member on here. I saw someone selling some older Bodhi packs that I had been hunting for. After reading the mia thread I realized that the person who I bought packs from, had also scored some of the mia packs. Ive since wondered many times if I bought bunk/unviable packs because the person had realized they needed to offload sketchy packs. I havent tried to germ any from that deal yet, but will definitely report on how they go here.

6 Likes