Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Just for the hell of it my mom chem d/pu/wookie. And keeper goji f2✌🏾

snow lotus leaner with that purple stem… maybe cross it to something great.

32 Likes

greatlakes genetics website currently down with an error message about their server… this does not bode well for the bodhi drop tomorrow.
https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/

5 Likes

nah don’t worry, it’ll be back just in time for the MDS to be out of stock :rofl:

14 Likes

I thought it was today?!

3 Likes

haha well maybe that’s why it just sunk. It crashed before the new drops loaded on the bodhi page, I was just browsing by coincidence. Nothing new from the latest list of releases visible.

5 Likes

I was watching it like a hawk. I was refreshing every 2-3 seconds. MDS went up at 4:16. I clicked add to cart, and got the server 500 error. I refreshed every 2-3 seconds for the next 30 minutes while it was down, and when the site finally came back, up MDS was gone. That was deeply aggravating. I’m not doing that again. I’m so done with this insane seed market. I really, really wanted a pack of that for my first sativa grow.

12 Likes

Joy of letting everyone know you only sent 11 packs to each bank… This is what happens every single time Mephisto Genetics or NightOwl have a drop too. I wasn’t surprised really.

11 Likes

How about DocD? He got an MDS pre-release availble

Mexican Death Sativa x Dragon Energy (Dragonsoul x Headbanger)

12 Likes

Yeah I was going to say, if I had been on there trying to buy seeds when it went down, I probably would have been little ticked off.

7 Likes

It just really solidified that I am done with this seed market entirely. 100 seeds? A single plant produces thousands. What is the point of all this artificial exclusivity for exclusivities sake?

14 Likes

Free the seed! This is why overgrow is amazing!

6 Likes

@Eudaemon
Yeah bodhi’s neirika seed trust are often very low volume.

I think it comes down to prioritizing work on his more commercially viable bodhi hybrid strains. He is pretty prolific with the number of hybrid lines he releases, it must take a lot of time to shuck, sort, and package those.

Plus long flowering varieties take more work and time, so they might have a comparatively small number of plants.

When breedbay was more active, and bodhi’s seeds were available on their auction, he sometimes said whether something was a one off, or if it would be available in the future. That was helpful for figuring out what to buy from the seed banks.

(At that time I hadn’t been invited to the forum yet, so I could only read it and couldn’t buy anything from the auctions.)

There’s still a lot of good relevant information on breedbay. I was hoping bodhi’s instagram would have similar information, but I guess he’s just too busy to post frequent updates these days.

10 Likes

Are you talking about the hundred packs of Mexican Death Sativa release?

If so, Bodhis Neirika releases are donated to charity, and he tends to keep them more limited for some hype. Also at 100 packs with 12 or 13 in each pack - theres 1200 or 1300 beans. He only released 11 packs to each of his 9 vendors. Bodhi loves the community it brings around them and really enjoys seeing people reproduce them for everyone.

Bodhi is the last person to only put out a certain amount of something for his own gain.

17 Likes

For the amount of seeds released of MDS, it sounds like he only pollinated a single plant, or it doesn’t make seeds very well, or he keeps em short or something, and he did a couple. But definitely could be space issue for why only so few packs got released of it.

As for people buying them, guarantee at least half the sales of it were to sit in someone’s seed fridge. Only bought to help the charity or specifically because of the exclusivity. That’s just the way it is with exclusive things worth a decent amount of money. I’m positive there will be at least one pack available on strainly for double+ the money once they get sent out and received.

9 Likes

FWIW, AK Bean Brains had a seed drop yesterday that included Kali Mist (F4), which is known as the Queen of Sativas.

15 Likes

I did (supposedly) capture a pack of the MDS which I’d likely be willing to provide to the cause for someone that would want to take on an open pollination project and share back a quantity of the results with the OG community. I have limited time and even more limited space at the moment to do that myself. That is, once it is in my hands…

Since it’s Neirika, I think Bodhi has indicated those are do-as-you will so there shouldn’t be an ethical conflict.

30 Likes

Heyooo :joy: Welcome to the club. One of us! One of us!

PS I’ll help you out from whatever I’ve got.

13 Likes

Tomorrow? No, you’ve just experience the drop :grin:

8 Likes

Quick shout out to the folks over at JBC. I messed up my freebie, and they took the time to fix it up for me real fast.
Also want to mention the possibility that the MDS was coming from B’s personal stash… That might be why it was limited and for charity. He seems to be releasing a new puf3 dad cross every drop, and those are discontinued and from his limited stock, so maybe the MDS is sort of similar…I don’t know…

13 Likes

What freebies you pick

3 Likes