Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I grew out 3 females. All had similar appealing SSDD aroma. The blue tinted (k4?) pheno was especially nice but all were good. Great freebie from my limited experience and is probably in my top 5 from Bodhi.

41 Likes

Good pickup there’s some killer plants in those old soul :blush:

11 Likes

Good find! Old Soul gets great reviews from at least 3 people that reported on it.
@DesertHeartGardens
@supershitfuck
@Hillbill
The limonene in the OMG male (according to Bodhi) seems to bring a mentally stimulating effect not felt in typical Afghan plants.
And it yields like a Jurassic Park beast.

The sassy strawberry “cousin” to Old Soul is still available: Strawberry Mama.

20 Likes

That’s one I considered scooping but decided against it for now, but got a pack of strawberry headband that sounds like it could be a nice cross to give something with strawberry milk a spin gotta still pick up strawberry temple for a redemption run too

16 Likes

Awesome - thanks for the feedback and for the tip.

-Been looking for a good Strawberry strain for the Mrs…

9 Likes

Lovely K4 x SSDDs you grew! I wish my phone had scratch n sniff technology.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it after you sample your golden treasure.

You’d all be interested to know there’s a seedrun going on now of this strain.

8 Likes

Kodama. Great stuff. My buddy grew a few and although there were better phenos than what he had… his Kodama was still very, very good.

I wasn’t going to get the Strawberry Fantasy originally… but relented and ordered it today. That and DLA 16 were the only two so far I’ve picked up from the latest drop but thats only because I’ve been waiting for Shoe to get better. I have a nice little order planned with him… then I gotta calm down with these seeds… well besides one Strayfox order next week… then I’m really, really done… I think. :roll_eyes:

Not Bodhi… but Bodhi related… @Cannavore has some amazing looking crosses using Pirate Sweat (80s Black Afghan x Instant Karma). Instant Karma was one of those old Bodhi classics that would probably belong in his greatest hits album. Instant Karma was B’s (bubba kush x sour diesel ibl ) Years ago there were some really impressive Instant Karma photos on Breedbay but the guy who posted them used a third party image hosting platform so those pics appeared to have disappeared into the ether. Cannavore is Cannavoreselections on IG. He had a bunch of great looking crosses and really great pricing. Me and a couple buddies went in on a few packs together. Just thought I’d throw that info out there. I’ve seen Cannavore posting bud blasts for like a decade now… I’d definitely trust his selection.

16 Likes

And @Cannavore posts here on OG also. He’ll enjoy your great review of his work.

9 Likes

I concur! Lots of solvent lots or weight

old soul

31 Likes

:thinking:
I was pretty sure Pirate Sweat itself is Bodhi’s cross?

11 Likes

Yeah it is you’re right. I mistyped that… I shouldn’t have said he calls… but he uses… I’ll fix that… his Pirate Sweat S1 x Counterfeit Kush is what I picked up myself. Counterfeit Kush is from what I understand a Bubba Kush (Katsu) crossed with Bubba Kush (Orgnkid). Either way it sounded like a good time and for around $25… its a good grab.

9 Likes

Yes… but idc what anyone else thinks, but cat piss, rotten meat, body odor, barnyard stank, onion/garlic are all found in Bodhi stuff I grew out and have no appeal to me. Would be different if the high associated with any of those terp combines were exceptional…

6 Likes

imagine a metal haze dad that would be whicked

4 Likes

that herer hashplant is killer you should F2 those :wink: hehe

5 Likes

You share Birthdays with the man himself. :green_heart:

5 Likes

I used to feel the exact same way. I was really attracted to Fruity stuff when I started growing and still am… but I grew this Timewreck plant that was the most rank, nasty, putrid plant I ever had in my garden. It was like a orange stuffed in a skunks ass left out on the side of the road to rot. I couldn’t get enough of it. My other Timewrecks were more limey but this one was really, really foul… it was potent as hell too. That was a good plant.

I’ve had other plants that smell like sweat and dirty gym socks… like Bodhi’s NL#5 x Talk of Kabul… that wasn’t appealing at all to me. I also had a dirty laundry pheno of Jillybean that was pretty bad… but with the wide range of possible terp profiles and how special that Timewreck was… I’d gladly grow it again if I could. Apollo 13 people all say has a babypoo smell and I get why folks say that but it didn’t make me think poo… more of a rotten fruit funk.

My absolute favorite pheno of any plant was a mentholated Berry pheno of a plant called Space Princess… that was from an old Oregon farmer named Gene. I like the fuel type smells Alphakroniks original Snowdawg BX had… my palette has definitely expanded from popping lots of different seeds. Maybe you just haven’t found the Stinky stank rank foul goodness that is definitely out there.

16 Likes

You just convinced me to pop my pack for the next run! Hopefully I can do them justice.

7 Likes

Why not grow the testers?

Didn’t you agree to grow them within a month of receiving them anyhow?

7 Likes

Actually I grew out another set as testers and was given that as an extra. He always sent out extras.

Ask yourself… is your comment really adding anything here… Or are you just using it to make yourself feel better??

7 Likes

I’m laughing so hard……Dying…literally dying……I can see the graphic for this in my head….

A dead ass Pepe LePew on the side of the highway with a Navel Orange crowning….

8 Likes