Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

This was even said about the name when @Cannavore asked him to use the name for a cross he made @minitiger

10 Likes

Here we go again. Off the fuckin deep end.

8 Likes

Yeah, but still… It’s one name haha.

Anyway, thanks for bringing Cannavore’s thread to my attention, didn’t realize he had one here. Guess I’m gonna have to start following that one, too… haha.

9 Likes

A lot of the SSDD f1s and hybrids are stinking like Chem d in veg. Sticky stems, outrageous stem rubs.

Check out the little resin glands on the leaves!

27 Likes

It’s a proven fact that the lowest form of humor is menstrual jokes. Period.

19 Likes

On the topic of SSDD -

edit – found thank you

SSDD F1 female bubbashine pheno

Flower review of the mother here : Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1) - #3824 by syzygy

37 Likes

i can’t run em, but i am curious about why you chose a male that threw pistils.

8 Likes

I didn’t choose it. Out of 4 seeds that one was the only male and the pistils started to emerge after everything was already pollinated. I’ve read conflicting opinions from respected people with more experience than I about pistillate males. I don’t have the experience or knowledge to have an opinion really, but am curious to see what’s in those F2s.

23 Likes

How many would you want each tester to grow out? I currently only have a 4x4 so couldn’t do a large population really but definitely interested. Currently growing a ssdd cross (kush 4) freebie

12 Likes

I think the hollywood pk is more OG, so might not be super sleepy. Other PK are more bubba like suge etc

12 Likes

Good info thank you.
Hollyweed v2 has Topanga Pure Kush, do you know if it’s more OG or Bubba-like? Headiegardens still has that one in stock.

10 Likes

That one is OG too. More earthy lime, hollywood is marshmellowy.

10 Likes

Kinda related, but I just saw GLG is starting to take credit cards on 07/17/23. Probably just in time for that next Bodhi drop!!
:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

31 Likes

Dangerous stuff will be easier to pull the trigger on things :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Anyone know the difference between the two Lucky Charms mothers used in these?

18 Likes

Think he’s still going to be cleaning out the fridge of Wookie and Hashplant crosses? I am really excited to see what he does going forward as it seems he is going in a whole new direction with discontinuing the Wookie and Ghash male.

14 Likes

talkin out of my ass here, but I dont think it would be an entire new way. Not a huge fan of the wookie crosses i have grown (many others really like), but the wookie does seem to be alive in one way or another.

The lavender lemonade used in the seed to sale thing with berner was wookie x lemon tree, but for some reason it was always written in the expanded (Lemon Tree x Lavender x Green Crack x Tres dawg) where lavender x (green crack x tres dawg) is wookie.

I dont think hes going to throw out a male he thought worthy of what - at the time - he thought was a good business opportunity. So im curious to see if he’ll release more crosses with the wookie/lemon tree or what - I havent seen any grow pictures from the s2s packs… id be curious.

and also, im curious if edit: artifact 1 was used in DLA 5 (artifact 1 x ghash), (i had that around) will be used as male for more crosses - i believe someone was talking about that with lots of enthusiasm in this thread or before it was split, but i may be recalling things a bit off, i tend to.

18 Likes

@imstinky is all about the A1

12 Likes

Yeah the newest DLA crosses have had the Artifact1 dad. So that seems to be the newest father that replaced his 88g13hp father.

17 Likes

If I had to guess (and I guess I have to), I’d imagine that the reason for writing it out that way was because most of Berner’s customers probably weren’t/aren’t familiar with Bodhi’s genetics and don’t have the inclination to do even a cursory Google search of, like,”Bodhi Wookie genetics” to find out for themselves what Wookie actually is. It’s just easier to spell it out for them, as opposed to maybe tickling the tiny bit of intellectual curiosity they (hopefully) possess and finding out for themselves. Probably it was posted that way to avoid having to answer the question,”What’s Wookie???” 5000 times on his IG feed.

Maybe not an “entire” new way, but the Wookie’s gone, the 88G13HP’s gone, so it’s gonna be at least a little bit of a new way, right? I think it must be. Kind of exciting…

14 Likes