Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

That made me audibly chuckle, btw haha.

7 Likes

Farmerjoe claims this is the “pre-93 Orgnkid Matt Berger green” cut. Here it is in veg on the right, with Irene in the same City Pickers:

And here it is flowered out and just about done:

Also, to keep this on topic, I believe this is the pre-93 that bodhi used in his bubba crosses. I found some old discussion on Breedbay or in a potcast…I forget which…about him using the cut they’re calling pre-93 or whatever.

I disagree with people who think the Appy is dominant across the board. My experience is that Appy crosses using OG moms get the feminine profiles, but you will still find a good mix of phenos. I’ve found the place the Appy male comes out frequently is in crosses using more sativa moms, but that’s…just like…my opinion, man. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:sun_with_face: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

32 Likes

I did the poll first.
Then when it was obvious how popular it was as an F2 preservation candidate, i did research and found out more about it.
I would’ve donated any one of the other packs but Hollyweed got the most votes.

9 Likes

Speaking of Appy crosses, here’s 3 Prayer Tower Sativas vegging out. 2 girls in front and a bushy male behind them

26 Likes

I like your style :wink: but imo the “pre93” name makes no sense tho?

The only “bubba” plant from then, according to most the stories out there, would be the Bubba, an NL plant. No kush. The kush cross that made the Bubba Kush clone should be the pre98, from everything I’ve seen :thinking:

Regardless I agree whatever the name is, it is the same cut bodhi used :slight_smile:

13 Likes

My best recommendation is to try Dojo Nursery, Stoned Ninja is supposed to maybe have the original or best remaining Green Crack cut from what I just found digging around forums and IG:

10 Likes

That last pic of the live Bubba plant looks sooo similar to the very last batch of Bubba that I ever bought (which also happens to be the best Bubba I ever bought haha), eleven or twelve years ago, with those almost eggplant-purple leaves and calyces and the wiry, very orange pistils.

How’d she turn out, smells/flavors-wise? How’d she smoke?

8 Likes

Creamy powdered milk type terps are IME chem and maybe OG terpenes. If you remove a lot of the offensive compounds from chem, you get a very smooth powdered milk creamy flavor profile.

Equatorial varieties are very sharp, tart, sweet. When they produce heavier terpenes they show up in other forms of volatile compounds, incense, astringent, metallic, paint, etc

13 Likes

There are three Bubba Kush cuts that commonly go around.

Original Bubba Kush found by Shabud aka 707 Seedbank
Katsu Bubba Kush aka Orgnkid’s cut
Pre98 Bubba Kush aka Swerves cut

They all can have tones of the coffee terp.

Then there are known seed finds such as Bombthreat aka Bubba Kush S1.

It’s speculated the latter two are S1’s of the original. The 93 nickname is fake. It was found before 1998. It’s the oldest sourced cut of Bubba Kush and was the first cut given the nickname Pre98 from Fletch of Archive but nobody calls the original cut by that because Swerve took the name for his own cut.

28 Likes

Geez I love that sort of bud structure. Really need to get some bubba s1’s from csi

8 Likes

looking at the link with their list of cuts and the tumi lab test results,

They write low level like that’s acceptable. It’s actually a straight up fail.

Low level means it tested positive for hlvd, but concentration of the virus is low. This is the kind of test result you would see from an infected plant when the concentration of the virus is lower or inconsistent in the plant tissue.

The fact that the viroid can go dormant or live in certain parts of the plant is what makes it so dangerous. It would be easy for an infected cut to get passed around while it isn’t displaying obvious symptoms.

20 Likes

Damn, that sucks! I didn’t go into their nursery list and check it out, that is pretty sketchy, though I guess it’s good that they don’t claim they’re “free” of HLVD.

9 Likes

Low levels, yeah, that’s a hard no.

9 Likes

And the cuts that say platinum price point are $1000 USD, out of a facility that admits low levels on one cut, and has only tests a little over a year old.

Crazy I guess some folks don’t mind paying that much for cuts that are untested, but a lot of those cuts can be had from sources with tests I’d think.

Just not green crack, that mama is a bit hard to come by of course…

Peace!

10 Likes

I cannot name any strain that I would pay $1000 for a branch off of. That’s just a personal opinion.

18 Likes

One zero too many + virus is a deal killer .

11 Likes

earlier this year someone quoted me $2000 dollars for a clean cut of Tahoe OG.

This was from a place that tests everything monthly, but that seems high even with the cost of routine testing. Like moving one of those might pay the testing budget for all the cuts in his inventory for 2 months.

12 Likes

I went to the dispensaries in South Lake Tahoe about a month ago and asked “Do you have any Tahoe OG?” It was a big no everywhere.

8 Likes

@CocoaCoir Is your avatar from Big Trouble in Little China or is that the Masters of Death from Master of the Flying Guillotine? Chopin’ heads bwoy!

6 Likes

They are the Hidari brothers in Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx.

Aka Masters of death/Gods of death/The three assassins.

8 Likes