Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

“(Berner) seems like a cool cat who loves the culture”

“Berner is great people”

Mmmm

Ack, sorry, off topic.

11 Likes

I dunno. Somebody who had a Bubba S1 and sold it to Katsu? Sounds like it.

I’m not doubting the legitimacy of Katsu’s cut, I’m sure it’s completely legit. Not even interested in that part of the thread. But I just read it and that dude JetLife175 is a total moron haha.

Sorry. I get distracted easily.

7 Likes

Yeah. I think JetLife175 might be Berner’s, uh, burner account haha.

8 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate you digging out that info! I think I had heard that before, that Katsu thought his cut was an S1 of the Pre-98… I’m flowering out the Matt Berger cut of Bubba Kush right now, I guess that’s the pre-93, green? I dunno. Whatever… that plant is throwing some massive fan leaves, very tight internodes, almost no stretch so far. I have a Baba Kush F2 male outside, I’m debating on keeping for some pollen to hit the pre-93 Bubba. But we’ll see…too many projects going on right now. To kinda stay on topic, here’s a pic of the Baba Kush males, the one on the right is actually Grape Pie x Baba Kush.

20 Likes

I thought that was Your unofficial title.

8 Likes

After smoking several diff. Bubbas, i feel that the Katsu Bubba might be a pheno of Pre-98 but not a S1 or true representation of the Pre-98. I’m no expert but i’ve smoked both over the years and grew the Pre-98 clone a decade ago.

Katsu’s can turn purple, smells flowery w mild “sandalwood” kush notes and is muscle relaxing, but not as nerve pain relieving.

Pre-98 stays green, coffee, dark chocolate, strong sandalwood kush, less relaxing but strong pain numbing effect.

These are just my memories, i welcome everyone to send me their Bubba bud samples for my smoke testing, (to update my notes) lol.

***EDIT. @HolyAngel and @zephyr .
Good news, i remembered that the nerve-pain relief carries over when Pre 98 is used as the MALE in a cross. Like these below:

I smoked these:
Tangerine Kush by ? (OG Kush x P 98)
Ripped Bubba by Norstar for Subcool (JTR x P 98)

I grew this:
Grapefruit Krush by Emerald Triangle Seeds (Grapefruit x P 98)

12 Likes

@VAhomegrown here ya go, Greencrackman was a member of the Kush Corp on OG1.0, maybe source of the OGers Kush? Found a bunch of posts in that thread saying GCM/Ghost1 and that the cut was the definitive late nineties OG Kush for them

@iamyou_youareme

Found these about Bubba phenos to look for, and it looks like the chain of custody goes ORGNKID to GCM to Katsu

11 Likes

Anyone know what cut of bubba kush farmerjoe has? Pre98?

8 Likes

FarmerJoe has the Matt Berger / Pre-98 green or whatever.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Looking to trade my Bodhi and Stray gear for CSI Humboldt gear

Strayfox Gardenz:

Miles Davis

Moon Cycles

Rollin 88

Smoking Mirrors

Wonderland

Bodhi Seeds:

Purple Wookie

Waking Dream

Time Bandit x 2

Tres Fighter x 88g13hp

Cherry Trance

Space Cowboy

4 Likes

I dunno if I’d be so definitive about that. All of the Bubba I’ve ever gotten had that coffee/bitter chocolate nose/flavor going on and lots (although not all) of it had plenty of purple/almost black accents on the flowers themselves.

The only Tangerine Kush I’ve ever heard about is Tangerine Haze x RD#1 from Rare Dankness. No Bubba in that cross. I grew one like six years ago, great weed, but not anything like Bubba at all. There’s absolutely no way it could’ve ever been confused for Bubba, either; not in the way it grew, not in the way the cured flowers looked, not in the way it smelled and tasted and definitely not in the way it smoked.

8 Likes

Does anyone know if the Appalachia dad bodhi used was selected more towards the Green Crack side or the Tres Dawg side?

12 Likes

Tres Dawg for sure. Tres Dawg is Chemdawg that was outcrossed to Afghani #1 and then BX’d 2 times, so it’s naturally dominant in the cross. The Appy F3 that came out recently was supposed to have been bred towards the Green Crack side though

14 Likes

It was High & Lonesome’s Appalachia male that Bodhi used, so maybe you can search that and find out. I dunno much about it, but I do know that the two The Fuzz plants I grew exhibited some Green Crack influence as far as the smells were concerned. They both smelled very “juicy,” can’t put it a better way, but they totally reminded me of Green Crack.

The smoke wasn’t anything like it, though haha. Totally devastating and crushing, one-hitter-quitter, not my favorite. I’m assuming that came from the Chem side of that cross. No Green Crack I’ve ever blazed hit me like that.

16 Likes

This was early 2000’s. It was all indica in effect. No Haze in it at all. A diff strain than Rare D’s Tangerine Kush. But that does sound like one i’ll need to try

8 Likes

So you already knew what you wanted to f2? Then why did you run a poll?

5 Likes

I’ve read that it’s difficult to get the Green Crack to shine through in crosses. For such a popular strain, it’s crazy that there hasn’t been someone out there working the fuck out of it though. No S1’s that I’ve seen other than Cali Connection and their incorrect naming of it as Cecil “B”'s cut, and not Cecil “C” as it should be, hardly any crosses are made with it, hard to find clones of it… Bodhi only made like 1 or 2 crosses with it and then who knows what happened. Maybe @Dirt_Wizard can find some info because he’s a search wizard. I’d love to get my hands on that clone

12 Likes

Just wait, h&l is on it!

8 Likes

I would have thought the same thing but most of the descriptions of Appalachia crosses talk about their more feminine terp profiles like baby powder, powdered milk etc. I wouldn’t have expect that from a chem heavy influence. So was very curious on what Bodhi selected towards in the male.

So bodhi got his male directly from H&L? I assumed he grew out some Appalachia seeds he got from H&L and selected his own male. Its also possible I completely misunderstood your post lol.

15 Likes