Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Are they abuse enjoyers, like can they stand aggressive pruning and training? Are typically stretchy like over 2.5 times or is that more environment influenced? I’m gonna do the dragon blood v2 first it that helps context wise.

3 Likes

that’s a back crossed heirloom sativa hybrid, so definitely expect it to be stretchy.
v2 is the version that was worked further to increase the prevalence of phenos displaying the ‘blood’ sap trait, and as a result of that line work it’s more sativa leaning than other 88g13hp f1 hybrids.

13 Likes

Awesome good to know, so are the g13 crosses generally stouter bushes?

8 Likes

I’d say in general, they range from stout bushes to big old christmas trees in my experience. they vary greatly depending on the mother used in the hybrid, but usually with that sort of classic branching structure.

10 Likes

Do they tend to bounce back vertically after topping or just bushing out? Out of context which crosses have you ran before or have close relation with?

3 Likes

I have gotten familiar with dank sinatra, guava hashplant, blue dream hashplant. Particuarly the guava, I’ve grown a lot of those.

I don’t usually top my plants, but the guava hashplant in particular responded to training with increased lateral growth. otherwise they have tended to be very apically dominant in their growth.

here’s a bushed out f1 guava hashplant for example.
this is all one plant in a rectangular raised bed. the plant is about 4 feet tall and 6 feet wide.

14 Likes

Right on thanks for the info, after the dragon blood I’m gonna try the electric hasplant and hope for a dogshit leaner.

5 Likes

They’re fine with heavy training like multiple toppings for mainline. Branches can become quite stiff so train early. Usually like to feed heavy, and often has hollow stems so make your cuts/tops early so you don’t have a gaping hole until it closes it off. Stretching is around 1.5x for the ones i’ve tried.

7 Likes

Are they floppers or do they stay pretty rigid?

3 Likes

Got some DLA 9 bushes indoors. They’re bushy, but they didn’t explode vertically. Branches seem plenty strong, buds are nice and dense. One of them has a wild orange juice smell to it.

35 Likes

abuse enjoyers haha, i guess so, i absolutely stress my plants not sure about training tho. the stretch can be from none to 2x, the problem you got is the dragonblood hp v1 and v2 sure bleed, but i didn’t like the smoke. the best g13hp cross in my opinion is the cluster funk, not to discourage you from growing 'em just personal opinion

10 Likes

Very rigid for the one’s i’ve tried which were usually indica leaning.

3 Likes

What everyone just said about the g13/hp is true to my experiences… I’ve grown magenta Hp Nepali x, goji b x, Thai x, bbhp, black triangle, guava x, and a few others… the HP leaners will be very slow in veg, the mom leaning can be all over the place but every one should be vegged a bit extra if you want decent yields…

14 Likes

THANKS FOR THIS TIP! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Neroli 91 & Phone home at 2 weeks (first pic) and one month (second pic). Two ended up herming during the stress test and the rest were male.

25 Likes

So I’m flowering a Vietnamese x Colombian x Afghani F2 outdoors. (My very favorite cross!)

She wasn’t bulking up, so about six weeks ago, I started putting her in a shed 14 hours a day. Now she’s bulking up, but she has a few more weeks.

Problem: she’s getting too tall for the shed. We are still getting about 14 hours of daylight.

That’s too much of a change to just leave her outside to finish, right? So, I might have to chop the top cola early so the rest will finish. I can still get her in there for now, but not for another month!

Any better ideas?

6 Likes

What did you do to stress test em? I ran both of them(Neroli91 constantly for a year now) and have never seen a herm on anything. I have done heat stress and underwatering but nothing wonked out

4 Likes

Anybody run any of the omg crosses lately?

4 Likes

I ran some Gorilla Ghani outdoors this summer, but it was a terrible summer in terms of rain and rot, and the Gorilla Ghanis did not fair that well.

6 Likes

I routinely do the bend and flop technique on top branches when they get too tall. You have to be careful to not snap the branch though. Try to soften it up by rolling it between your fingers and then see if you can bend it over. If you get a lot of resistance, try to soften it up some more.

4 Likes