Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Our friend Dino Party (aka Really Big Jesus Freak from riu) is now active here.
He was a tester for Bodhi and has worked w a couple of B’s strains (so it IS relevant to this thread).

16 Likes

Makes me happy I picked that freebie, it sounds great!

5 Likes

Is Bodhi’s lavender lemonade the same as professor Ps?

1 Like

Nope. Just same name.

2 Likes

Here’s the top of my Vietnamese x Columbian x Afghani f2 before I shut her in the shed for a good night’s sleep.

39 Likes

I made a gallery of some of the Bodhi strains I’ve tried since 2015. Not everything but most have been posted there now. May be useful to someone.

26 Likes

I just put 4 germed deep line alchemy 16 into solo cups and am hoping for the best. Noone else seems to have grown them yet.

16 Likes

I just finished sexing DLA16 1 female and 3 males. I kept the best looking male I want to do a open pollination for more seeds to hunt. Im going to reveg the female, clone, and flower her before the open pollination to make sure its worth it. Otherwise im going to just pop the rest of the pack to look for a better female.

13 Likes

So you plan to do an open pollination with 1 male and 1 female?

12 Likes

4 Likes

So as to not bottleneck the line…

3 Likes

Yes, I only have 1 pack it was extremely limited and i got VERY lucky to score a pack. I had 3 males to choose from. I picked the best one that me and a few others Liked from Discord. Idk about my female selection yet other then structure and it a female bc i only have one lol. But i do intend to find more females out of the seeds i have left. Also i only like to work with 1 male at a time as to not contaminate other things. I dont have the space to do alot. Only what im capable of doing

10 Likes

Thats the exact opposite of an open pollination. Thats more of a select breeding situation. And with such a small pool to select from its more like pollen chucking. Open pollination would be popping the entire pack. Or more ideal is popping multiple packs and not pulling any males or females and letting the dudes splooge all over everything.

13 Likes

That’s great. Do you have any pictures?

3 Likes

Tomatoe, Tomato. Either way You are right, 1 Pack is not enough, Thats why im going to make more seeds to hunt through. Im no big breeder. Im a hobbyist in a not so friendly state lol. But ideally i would use more males and females but I have alot going on in my tent. My adhd got the best of me this cycle and i popped too much at once. So im just working with what I can for now. I did say i was going to make sure it was even worth the hassle before i did the pollination. If its worth it. I will pop the rest of the pack and determine from there.

12 Likes

I’m all for doing what you’re doing, but you aren’t really broadening the pool by crossing one male to one female and looking through the offspring. Still, nothing wrong with doing it… fun! And who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky with the F2s. No need to let the perfect be the enemy of the fun.

12 Likes

“Pirate sweat is dsb black afghan x instant karma”

14 Likes

what does DSB stand for ?.

thank you …

3 Likes

Mayhap DJ Short Blueberry?

:thinking:

double super black?