Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I’m glad people brought Breedbay up, because wow have I not visited that site in awhile (only a year or so, but still).

7 Likes

It used to be invite only, but I think now it’s open to anyone?
Took years for me to get an invite, and then literally within weeks, they changed it to open sign ups hahaha.

I signed up here at overgrow shortly after breedbay went down in 2018.

that’s odd, It’s been working fine for me. There was some downtime a few weeks ago but it’s been fine since then. Ignotius actually made a special site ‘style theme’ for my photosensitivity, so I could browse the site without eye pain. maybe the basic theme solves those interface problems?

it’s like a slightly more minimalist version of the interface. I think anyone should be able to use that theme. Can’t remember what it’s called, maybe basic mode or something? the big difference is that it has drop down menus for all the subforums. if you see that you’re on the right mode.

Not sure if that’s the issue, but give it a try. last week I was posting in the bodhi thread, uploading photos, etc with no problems.

edit- pretty sure it’s ‘breedbay lite’ but there is also an ‘undesigned default’ setting that you could try.

15 Likes

So, here’s the Useful Seeds AOG x Tranquil Elephantizer. It was a freebie stapled to White Lotus x Sasquatch. I thought the cross was the other way around, but I guess Tranquil is the dad. They were purchased around 2016 from GLG.

24 Likes

What can you guys tell me about the Black Triangle Remix? I see the more common BT highly praised here and I’ve found the descriptions of Remix as the Deadly G dad, anyone grown hybrids of it or the straight thing? I got some old Doc D tester hybrids from 2016 with one using it as a mom and am just wondering what to look for when growing them out (to F2!)

9 Likes

All i know is that the deadly g male was an f3 selection from bodhi that leans heavy to the g13 side. I dont know of any deadly g female so im not sure what or how doc d has a deadly g as a mom in a cross.

6 Likes

I know @advancedbuffalo has posted at least a few pictures of some Black Triangle crosses in the Doc D thread

Here’s one Doc D cannabis seeds - #2010 by advancedbuffalo

I assume DocD just germinated some tk x deadly G that he got from Bodhi and found a cut, not that he made the black triangle remix himself. He was selling a reproduction of it not long ago in one of his older emails.

14 Likes

doc was one of the deadly g hybrid testers back in the day. i tested c99 x deadly g and remember them never triggering to flower in 12/12 lol.

Edit it was p75 x deadly g whoops! That was a long time ago lol

21 Likes

I have an extra pack of the More Cowbell Minty Dub Remix. I’m down to trade it for something else or a different freebie.

8 Likes

if anyone who has the shakedown street freebie and would consider trading for a pack of vintage Hawaiian indica x Wookie freebie from him hit my line really shouldn’t buy 2 more packs right now to just get that one :joy:

9 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens who has the shakedown street?

Jbc and headiegardens still has it pretty sure @Hotrods_and_hounds

2 Likes

Honestly I’ve been eyeing those the most out of your stock at glg, I’ve been holding out till I harvest and have some money because I’m broke af atm and my wife would kill me lol, surprised they’re still there tbh. Hopefully they still are in a month when I have some cash

3 Likes

@DesertHeartGardens thanks dude, those are ones I was trying to grab from glg but they went quick!

1 Like

The newer post areas work fine but when u click on old links in older threads from years ago thats when stuff stops working. Not every thread but it’s frustrating when it happens. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll be trying to find something like for instance the old original photos and description of “Instant Karma” by Bodhi… and the data just simply isn’t there… or you’re trying to see a photo that used to be high resolution and now it’s a tiny thumbnail and the image is gone… or the imagine including the thumbnail is gone and displays a box with a red “X” in it. When it was a Vbulliten site things worked a lot better, the layout was better, there wasn’t missing images and broken links, etc.

4 Likes

Is it for you?? You’re looking for that pack?

I could just give it to you. I have it and I’ll never ever get to that one I’m sure. I got it as a freebie.

12 Likes

Aha! You’ve nailed it, I have his Bangi Haze x BT Remix I just looked at some photos of the packs on my phone

1 Like

Hey, does anybody have any advice or reviews for Jack herrer x Lavender by bodhi seeds

2 Likes

Search @syzygy posts. He just finished a ton with detailed descriptive and tons of pictures
Search term: @syzygy “lavender jack” you’ll get a hundred hits

6 Likes

What Heady said. Other people on OG have grown that one, too. Also, be sure to spell “herrer” correctly (it’s “Herer”) and maybe search “Lavender Jack” as well. That’s the name of that hybrid.

7 Likes

Pleased with my Omakase order from Speakeasy. Randomly got six packs that I had not chosen to buy, but I was already interested.

I’m sure they just send their extra stock, but I knew that and expected it.

• DLA 14- interested in jalalabad star, but already have Amrita so didn’t buy
  • Saints - true Bodhi fan gotta love Stevie Wonder cross, prob last one
  • Soring Break - almos bought to score shakedown street last month
  • Shakedown Street - see above lol
  • Vintage HI Indica - having roots in Hawaii, I was bummed I missed this one during my hiatus
  • kali mist x everything sounds like wild card old school bagseed like I grew up growing

Not going to take another shot right now, but I might do that Dynasty omakase. Not csi though because anyone who’s ever bought directly from Caleb knows that he hooks up freebies like no one else.

24 Likes