Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

@TeddyNuggets :point_up::point_up:this is a damn fine offer, I’d take it! Holy knows the SSDD as well as anyone here

16 Likes

Thanks. That’s a really kind offer! Is that pure SSDD? If not, what’s in it?

7 Likes

I’ve tried a few SSDD crosses and 1 1/3 packs of SSDD. I found a hot blueberry muffin pheno in the F1s, and seems to be a match for Bodhi’s description of the 10% bubbashine pheno, but I personally like the SSDD crosses that I’ve tried more. There seems to be a good mix of Mom & Dad traits present in the crosses that I’ve tried so with a little bit of hunting you should be able to find some SSDD expressions.
I’ve run into a handful of disappointing phenos in the F1s of SSDD, which could just be bad luck. If it were me though I’d look in the crosses or maybe Holy’s backcross, unless you’re able to sift through a high plant count.

The SSDD crosses I’ve tried off the top of my head :

Bubba katsu x SSDD
GG4 x SSDD
TK x SSDD
Wifi #43 x SSDD
Kush 4 x SSDD
3 Kings OG x SSDD
Chem 91 x SSDD

All have produced satisfactory buds. TK x SSDD, Baba Kush (bubba x ssdd), and k4 x ssdd to me were the crosses that stood out the most.

23 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

That’s funny you say those 3 stood out because out of that list, those would be the 3 I’d have picked to try anyway. lol

7 Likes

No problem! Do you have any pictures of the SSDD Pheno you found? Just curious to see if it looks like the one I found. I’ve posted tons of pictures of it here in the past. It should be noted that I haven’t encountered anything like it in the SSDD crosses yet, but I think they are superior (for my tastes and needs at least). The f1 is much more dreamy, sedative & tranquil. My favorite SSDD crosses have been mellow, extremely comfortable and trance inducing, but not to the point of sedation.

SSDD F1 (assumed bubbashine pheno)

P6300340

39 Likes

@TeddyNuggets check these posts out he’s been working with F1s steady for a few years now:

14 Likes

I will grant that it might be short duration, because I do take a decent amount of RSO in the background, but the last batch I had was very potent and long lasting.

However I am almost certain that everything magical in Oreoz comes from Cookies & Cream not the Secret Weapon. Other C&C hybrids have the same magic but a more enjoyable effect imo.

5 Likes

No sorry, no pics. Unfortunately I lost the digital camera I had all my old pics stored on. I always meant to back them up to my PC but I used to be kind of weirded out to store them on my PC (now it thankfully doesn’t matter anymore since it’s legal).

I might have some pics on an old PC of mine but it’s dead and I haven’t had a chance to pull the hard drive yet. If I ever find pics of it I’ll be sure to let you know.

Looking at your pics, I’d say it looks similar. That second last pic of yours is the closest looking to what mine looked like. That looks very similar. (Edit - pick #5 I mean)

12 Likes

tried ssdd got a butter pheno but found the sunshinehead to be more potent and up type .Had a buttery sunshinehead that was up do stuff herb but that pack was all heat with some Hb leaners that were earthy og leaners. Dream axis is maybe the best . Straight sativa rocket launcher but with the ssdd calming effect. Never smoked anything like it . If u have a pack crack it

11 Likes

My cut is a pure ssdd. It’s an f2 actually. I’ve been through 3x F1 packs and a ton of f2’s, 80+, and I haven’t found anything I liked better. Mine has the sour butter and blueberry kush muffin scent. she’s pretty damn potent, sticks to the bag, has all the nerve pain relief, and warm blanket effects bodhi describes. I think she’s a nice mix of bubba, blueberry, and chem d. Can run a bit long at 11-12 weeks to truly finish, but can also be picked at 8 weeks for daytime effects.

The bx1 beans aren’t pure, they used an A5Haze S1 x 89 NL5 male as the outcross to sturdy up the poor ssdd structure, increase yield, and ensure potency in more daytime oriented plants since most of the ssdd line is evening oriented. A lot of the offspring produce the sour butter/blueberry muffin scents tho, along with others that smell more like tropical fruit and/or floral haze scents. Most carry the pain relief in some variance, some stronger than others. Can find a few grows of those on here.

Lol the few I’ve had were actually loud and tasted good, but always the ~30minutes and then I then I feel like I need to smoke again.

26 Likes

You’re be the first person I’ve seen that praises the taste and criticizes other aspects of Oreoz. Bodhi and countless other breeders have worked with her despite her dull flavors and because she’s remarkable in so many other ways :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I found this to be the case with oreoz as well short lived high tasted alright but nothing crazy noteworthy gave away some clones I had extra and someone I gave them too gifted me a bunch of outdoor dep from Oregon got a bunch of hype stuff like an oz in total of Tropicana cookies gushers oreoz and chem cookies and one other I can’t remember off the top of my head the best was trop cookies out the bunch rest were pretty meh could of been the batch though haven’t tried it otherwise

6 Likes

Oreoz here in PDX (which almost certainly is the cut from Archive) has a pine taste maybe a little sweet maybe a little gas in there.

I’ve had some with a chocolate taste which I’m assuming comes out after a longer cure.

3 Likes

Tastes likes muted kush imo. I find it’s a rather happy high of average length. Where she really shines is as a breeding tool as far as I’m concerned, incredibly resilient plant with lots of resin, potency, and a plant that usually gives way to her mate in the smell and taste department.

3 Likes

Man I was cleaning out a jar of it earlier and actually thought for a second “is that bubba?”
I’ve tried every single hybrid of Cookies & Cream I can get my mittens on (the dad I think) and I’d be willing to bet you could get even better expressions going straight to there for breeding. The pure C&C’s we’re out of stock so I got Tina x C&C F2 (Cream & Sugar) from Exotic for that purpose.

7 Likes

I actually became intrigued by Oreoz through researching starfighter, which led me to cookies & cream and then Oreoz… I held it for roughly 18 months, and the only reason I cut her from what I was holding is because there are tons of breeders that use her, and I didn’t want any more cookies related strains to hold. It’s an easy plant to love once she’s been with you for a while. It’s also damn tough to kill.

A while back I did stress testing on a bunch of elites I acquired at the same time. Apples & Bananas, AJ’s, Slurri #7, Strawberry Cough, Runtz, White Runtz just to name some. I ended up going Survivor on them, and despite being the least impressive smelling plant of all of them, Oreoz was the last strain standing in stress testing. Even a 24 hour photo period for months didn’t kill her :crazy_face:

I’m not a big bag appeal guy, but properly grown Oreoz is a sight to behold.

5 Likes

My thinking was similar to yours. I managed to find a pack of EG C&C and have a pack of S1’s I’ll hunt one of these days…

2 Likes

I’ll get us back on track. SSDD BX1 revegging after making some beans outdoors. She’s a deeper/darker green than most plants I’ve grown. She got hit with Staten Island chem x Sour D from Stoney/Katsu

31 Likes

*slowly puts the gelato back in his pocket

6 Likes

22 Likes