Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Interesting! I saw some of the pics of your mom and she looks great! Thanks again for the offer. I really appreciate it. Very nice of you!

She sounds and looks different than the one I had though. The one I’m thinking of had more compact, tight buds like the pics sygygy posted, but without the little bumps on top of the bud in the first pics (I associate those bumps with the phenos I saw that had a bit more of that chem smell). His pic #5 looks more like how all the buds grew. That shape and mostly small to mid sized buds.

Mine was done by 8-9 weeks. At 9 weeks she had some amber trichs. Definitely more indica. No sour smells. Just butter and a bit of blueberry (but more buttered muffins. It’s actually hard to describe the exact smell/taste but it was amazing).

I only grew a few packs of the SSDD and this was way back when it first came out many years ago. So I’m going off my stoner memory from years ago. But I don’t remember growing one that looked like yours. Most of what I saw looked like the pics sygygy posted.

12 weeks makes me think she’s more of a sativa leaner? For me, I have to be a bit careful with hybrids that lean more sativa. They tend to give me anxiety. Not always, but enough that I’m careful.

10 Likes

Many indicas go 10-12 weeks.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s true. I guess I shouldn’t have assumed anything from the flower time. I have a couple indica dominant strains in my collection that take 10 or sometimes 11 weeks to flower.

There are also indica strains that give me anxiety and sativa strains that help my anxiety (like some types of sour diesel I’ve had).

6 Likes

Flower time also varies based on many different factors. I’ve pushed the same cut to finish at 8 weeks and 10 weeks.

3 Likes

Yeah syzygy’s is the bubbashine pheno. Can see bubba kush all over it and it’s beautiful.

Mine is more of a sport and a specific blending of the grandparents in the line. In 100+ beans, Ive found a few plants with half of the traits mine carries, but not all of them. And no similar male to speak of.

She’s more sativa leaning for sure. Something I attribute to the blueberry and green crack in the lineage. 8 weeks is potent but functional daytime pain relief. I’ve had multiple people tell me it can be racy in larger quantities, though I haven’t really experienced that myself. She doesn’t get any ambers at all until 9 weeks or so, and no appreciable amount of them until 11-12 weeks. Anything past 9 weeks gets into evening/nighttime herb.

Syzygy’s F2’s would likely be more up your alley from what it sounds like.

17 Likes

Haven’t tried them yet so I have no idea what they’re like. There were a couple reports of very low odor plants in those f2s (mine) so that male may have been a dud, requiring a bigger hunt. Who knows if that would even return anything worthwhile.

Also all those pictures were of the same plant - which usually takes around 70-75 days to reach peak ripeness.

9 Likes

Speakeasy Seedbank has its last pack of Passionfruit Hashplant on sale for $40. I picked up the last DLA 9 for $40. I have been wanting that one for a while now, glad I found it cheap.

11 Likes

You guys see the Tranquil Elephantizer F3s at JBC that this guy Kokua is selling for $100/pack?

I just assumed they be priced in the $50-ish price range like Usefuls F2s… but no… They’re priced at $100 which I thought was ridiculous for seeds that this guy made with Useful’s F2s… so I asked him why he was charging so much and he got a little bent outta shape about it. I mean am I wrong about this? Isn’t asking $100 a pack a little ridiculous for seeds he just made from someone Useful’s F2s? What do you all think?

There were 20 in stock when they dropped and there’s still 20 in stock… so maybe it’s not just me.

27 Likes

I think thats some garbage scum bullshit. Its why I NEVER charge for any gear of anybody else’s that I’ve repro’d in any way. Somebody else put in the work, made that name, and all you did was a little chuck to make more seeds and now thats your cash cow? get fucked, homeboy.

That said, bout to pop some of this DLA6 and run it against the Dominion G x Iraqi, and find a nice way to bring them together. I like the iraqi!!!

37 Likes

Where does it say he made them with Useful’s F2 's?

I admittedly don’t know all about breeder etiquette but what’s the difference between this and someone like Strayfox selling Starfighter F2 's?

5 Likes

TE was the most sought after strain for indica lovers about ten years ago next to Ortega.

6 Likes

I think that guy sux! I wish him well getting his kid through college on $100 packs of beans.

He could also just go beg for the money on gofundme like everyone else.

5 Likes

Ditto, a neighbor gave me some he got from a dispo. As @Tonygreen says, it’s ornamental weed.

5 Likes

What is the difference?

3 Likes

They are all different strains from different breeders on different sites?

5 Likes

… selling the work of someone else for $100

4 Likes

I mean, that’s what seeds banks do. Dave charges 60 and 100 per pack, so the pricing is inline for what he charges for his work…

1 Like

We don’t know the work the person did or didn’t do on this F3. Though this really throws me off…

2 Likes

We’re trying to figure out what the difference is between this guy selling F3 's and other well known and respected breeders doing the exact same thing with other strains.

5 Likes

It’s all fucking scummy. Canna capitalists are the worst. Get a real job and stop riding coattails of people who put in the work to make thier own stuff popular.

They did it. You didn’t. Get over it. Make your own, unique shit.

Riding the name of something already popular to cash in yourself, is canna capitalism, and it’s gross. Don’t care who you are.

Make. Your. OWN. Name.

(LOL you FOMO gotta have every pack assholes ain’t gonna like this)

18 Likes