Bodhi Soar, Uplift and Purple NL2; GPS Stardawg f2; Rare Dankness Midas and Ghost of Lee Roy

Here we call it Floriduh. It’s such a shame that one of the prettiest states in the nation is so poorly run and full of traitors and haters.

I say this with half my family living there, two working on the launch sites at the Cape until retirement. Aside from them, the rest apparently lost their minds the minute they moved there from IL, DC, NY and NJ, never to utter another coherent word. When I visit the state, I almost never visit them. The last time I did visit them, I had one trying to sell me his mom’s old photography equipment for his opioid addiction while his brother was calling me a libtard ni**er lover and waving his pistols around his aunt’s house because I’m not a member of the KKK and don’t have a concealed carry permit, while their sister bragged about being an assistant to the night supervisor at McDonalds instead of going to college after 9 years flippin burgers and asking “Would you like fries with that?”

Not that any of that is necessarily bad by itself, but taken in context…Floriduh. And that’s all happened within a single generation, moving there from otherwise respectable places.

11 Likes

Oh yeah, Florida’s “wild and crazy,” I guess. I prefer to think of it as “extremely trashy,” which is fine on the one hand. I loooooove me some trashy women. But I could never live there. It’s a shithole. I definitely had a lot of fun while I was there, though. My last weekend living there is a perfect microcosm of my time in Florida: Thursday night, ate some mushrooms and took some GHB, which I OD’ed on. Woke up in the emergency room with tubes all in my nose, incapable of remembering the ambulance ride from Ybor City or the hour that preceded it. Got out of the hospital around 10am Friday morning and went straight to the bar with a couple friends of mine. Went out that night and picked up two girls and had a three-way with them. Went out Saturday morning and stayed out all night and ended up going home with another chick. Drank at her place all day Sunday when a girl who was cheating on her boyfriend with me showed up at her house. With her boyfriend. And it seemed like he was pretty well-aware that I was fucking his girlfriend. Woke up Monday morning and got on the bus to Salt Lake City and never went back haha.

A bunch of my old friends who stayed there are dead now, all from drugs (heroin mostly). I could tell that’s where shit was headed, which is one of the reasons why I left. Plus, it’s just gross. If you like fishing, it’s a good place to be. But I can name 1000 different places I’d rather be than there.

@nube Yeah, that story sounds pretty much accurate. Like I said, it’s a gross place. The people are gross. I don’t think it’s a beautiful place at all. We (my siblings and I) are really lucky that our mom was super-into the arts, music etc and made it a point to expose us to things like that. And we’d visit our family who lived in NYC all the time, so we we’d be around some decent shit, taking us to museums and stuff. The only “good” thing about my mom dying is I never have to go back to Florida or even think about it at all. Fuck Florida.

Anywaayyyyyy… Back to weed-growin’.

10 Likes

Here’s the super variegated PNL2 I have:

Can also see the curl there. Other than that these seem pretty solid so far.

7 Likes

Doesn’t look bad to me. Is that variegation do you think? Or maybe just some weirdness going on that it’ll grow out of soon? I always thought variegation was when, like, one whole half of a leaf was a different color.

4 Likes

Right, I’m not sure. Usually you do see it like you said and not like this, but it’s the closest thing I got :rofl:

For it being everywhere, I wouldn’t expect nute issues, popped out of the seed like this. Might grow out of it, we’ll see :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Took these pictures last night. There’s a lot of them…

Purple NL2 #1, veg day 39:

Purple NL2 #2, veg day 39:

Purple NL2 #3, veg day 39:

Purple NL2 #4:

@HolyAngel You see how they look kinda lime green? Not those super-dark green leaves like usual. I’m not worried about it, when I grew some Mountain Temples, years ago, they were pretty light-green in veg and turned out fucking amazing, so…

Here are the Uplifts. These have me very intrigued…

Uplift #1:

Uplift #2:

Uplift #3:

Uplift #4:

Here are the Soars.

Soar #1:

Soar #2:

Soar #3:

And Soar #5 (goddamn, I wish I would’ve remembered to switch the #4 and #5 labels):

So they look pretty good. They’ve definitely appreciated getting up-potted, for sure. They’re really starting to take off and will be ready to transplant to seven gallon pots real soon. I checked the sex on every plant a few nights ago, but there’s nothing super-definitive yet. Hopefully that changes soon…

Here’s the Stardawg f2 #1:

And the Stardawg f2 #3:

Stardawg f2 #4:

Hoowee… That’s a lot of fucking pictures to be posting… And just veg shots, no less!

Here’s the Midas #1:

And the Midas #2:

I’m fascinated with the Midas’s. I dunno why, but Albert Walker has always just really intrigued me. It’s such a weird name. “Albert Walker…” haha. And everything I’ve ever read about it has sounded very good. I really have high hopes for those two plants.

Anyway, and here’s the one Ghost of Lee Roy. Looking a lot better these days…

So yeah, that’s that. I’ll flip these pretty soon, around day 60 or so. I just need to get them sexed first.

19 Likes

Yeah these PNL2’s are definitely hungry little plants, yours are a bit lighter green than mine are. Definitely preferring the fabric pots to polyester, I may have to repot a couple of mine due to that alone.

Those Midas’ look real nice. 11 blades already on like the 3rd or 4th node? Crazy, I love that look to the leaves. Seen a very similar style on my male nl5hss and it’s one of my favorite things to see in a pheno. Just a beautiful look :yum:

I figured those Soar’s would’ve looked a bit more sativa than they do, but whatever, still look great! :muscle:

6 Likes

Well, I dunno… I don’t think they’re light green because of a lack of N (or any other nutrient). I think that’s just the way they are. I mixed that fish meal in with the soil when I transplanted, there’s no way that that hasn’t become available to the plants yet. I think they’re just light green plants haha.

I forget, what generation PU did Bodhi use for these? I may have to research people’s Purple Unicorn grows and hybrids of the PU, just to satisfy my curiosity. Was the Purple NL2 bred with the f5 PU?

Good eye, I didn’t even notice that haha. I did notice that weird leaf growing on top of the middle leaf. Did you see that? In the second picture of the Midas #1? I only noticed it when I posted those pictures, didn’t see it when I was watering last night, but I’ll make it a point to check that out tonight when the light turns on. Never seen anything like that before.

Yeah, I did, too. But I think they’ll start throwing thinner leaves once they’re flipped. I’ve noticed that a lot of Sativa-dominant hybrids tend to grow fatter leaves initially. And then they thin out as the plant gets taller and older. It makes sense to me. In my mind (which is a scary place…), Sativas start out in jungle-type situations, where competition for light and air is fierce. So they grow fatter leaves in the first few months, but once they’re established and getting closer to flower (and when they’re actually flowering), they grow thinner leaves, both because they don’t need to fight to survive anymore and to mitigate the humidity in the tropical regions in which they grow. Same reason they typically grow lighter, airier buds. I dunno. Makes sense to me.

8 Likes

The PNL2’s should be PU F3’s if I remember correctly :thinking: But yeah good chance your’s are just like that then if you added in fish meal. I haven’t added anything to mine yet, just ewc/peat/perlite/dolomite lime, and some greensand. Maybe mine just look darker to my eye with my lights or something :thinking:

I did see the random mutant leaf sticking out :joy: not too worried about that tho, the rest look solid and its not uncommon for a one-off randomly weird leaf. Think I had one or two like that. Like it’s just growing too fast for it’s own good :sweat_smile:

I definitely agree on the Soar’s! I was going to mention that but didn’t have a good way to word it but think you nailed it. Should definitely be interesting seeing how those grow out over the next couple months.

As always, nice job on everything so far! Everything looks pretty happy over there ^^

5 Likes

I grew an Albert Walker cross. Albert Walker x Space Queen. It was burning tires-rancid. Really really acrid and smelly, same realm as chemdog.

Love the RD gear, can’t wait to see the Midas grown out.

6 Likes

What other Rare Dankness have you grown? I got a pack of Tangerine Kush as freebies a few years back, grew a couple out and they were really fucking good. That’s what actually made me comfortable buying some more of their seeds. Having said that, the Starkillers I just chopped have been kinda disappointing. The smoke’s been really good, but the way they grew, with the huge internodes and the skimpy yield… I didn’t dig that. The smoke is very good, though.

I like their Neville’s Wreck crosses much more at this point. Of course, I haven’t even chopped (or smoked) that Moonshine yet, so we’ll see. But I’m getting the feeling that their “Sativa” hybrids are better than anything that they used their Rare Dankness #1/#2 male on. Like I said, we’ll see. Just curious about your experience with their gear.

5 Likes

I wish I could say I’ve grown more RD gear, but the only actual pack I’ve (attempted) grown of theirs was Ghost OG x Afghan like 7 years ago and literally none sprouted haha. Might have just been the seedbank (attitude), who knows.

I was out in Colorado for a while, so I’ve certainly smoked enough of their stuff and it’s pretty top-notch. GTH is ever-popular. They’re good, but I’m not the only guy to report germ issues either. But, most of their gear is sent from the US, to Europe, and back to the US so maybe it was a storage issue. If the Midas ends up being worth a heck, maybe we could trade in the future. IDK if that one’s available anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah, that seems to be a running theme with Rare Dankness. I planted four Ghost of Lee Roy seeds and only one sprouted. I almost always get 100% germ rates and definitely have never gotten only 25% germ (planted four GOL, only one sprouted). I’ve read multiple threads where people had super-shitty germ rates, too.

I’ve smoked some Ghost Train Haze, like nine or ten years ago, back when it was “The Strongest Strain On Earth.” Got it from Buds and Roses in Studio City, Kyle Kushman’s dispensary (Kyle Kushman… psshhh… Gimme a break…) so I’m certain it was legit. I didn’t think it was all that at all. Not my type of high, especially for something that’s supposed to be a Sativa-dominant hybrid.

I agree that shipping seeds back and forth may have something to do with the crappy germination rates. Having said that, I’ve ordered plenty of beans from Europe, from other breeders, and had a lot of success with them. I think all of my Bodhi stock came from Europe, actually, and I’ve never had trouble with his seeds.

I dunno. I’m always skeptical of anybody who’s featured so prominently in garbage mags like High Times. I don’t think it’s an accident that their biggest advertisers always seem to win Cannabis Cups…

Sorry, man, am I ranting? I didn’t mean to rant haha…

4 Likes

Forgot to mention, Midas is definitely available. Check Attitude. And I do have a good feeling about those plants. Like I said earlier, it seems like their “Sativas” are much better plants than their “Kushes,” the RD#1/#2 crosses. I just packed a bowl of the Starkiller, though. Very sticky. Maybe I should quit talking shit haha!

1 Like

It took me way too long to get caught up on your thread. In all honesty, I just skipped over the Rare Dankness shit haha. Everything else is looking well, per usual. Now if you could just get your temps down blah blah blah PURPLE hahaha.

Did you pick those up from Speakeasy? I would love to find some cultivars from Mean Gene. If it is not too much trouble, let me know if you come across some anywhere reputable sometime and I will check them out. Sky Cuddler Kush F3 #3: slept on. Cherry West Bx: slept on. Fuuuuck. I suck at life a lot. I believe that Speakeasy has Ghost OG x Sky Jaro in stock right now, but my friend has Ghost OG and offered to send me a cut sooner than later, so I am not sure that I want to drop the funds on the hybrid. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

4 Likes

Yeah, I did get those Freeborn seeds from speakeasy. On sale, too. I can’t remember if it was during, like, Black Friday weekend or when I got them. But they were definitely on sale. 300 bucks is a lot to pay for a pack of seeds, think I got them for a little cheaper than the usual asking price.

I’ll let you know if I see any of his gear (other than that Ghost/Sky Jaro, which I’m pretty sure is still available), but I’m reeeeealllllyyyyy trying not to look at any seed banks anymore. I just sent Doc D some money for six packs of seeds this morning. And that’s the LAST time I’m buying seeds haha… I swear! I’ve been buying seeds this year like there aren’t ever going to be seeds available again. It’s gotten pretty ridiculous. I’m never gonna be able to grow everything I have.

6 Likes

Naw you’re 100% right, doing some digging leads me to think that we are definitely not the only ones with the issue. I can pretty much always count on a 90%+ germ rate for just about anything, but I wouldn’t complain if even half the pack germed. Zero is…bad though lol. I could understand it more if it’s the more inbred stuff like a lot of their kush lines, but unrelated crosses simply shouldn’t have that issue.

6 Likes

I have Albert Walker never heard much about them

loooks like weed to me …

looking nice

Peace GT

5 Likes

I once got a order from seedsman where nothing germed or if it did barely , kinda wondered if the post xrayed them

3 Likes

Alright, so I transplanted the plants that appeared to be female ten days ago into their seven gallon airpots. None of the Soars made it, @Eudaemon I’m sad to report. I’ll be starting some new seeds May 1 and will probably revisit those beans. It just sounds like a very good cross, wish somebody would post a log somewhere.

All four Uplifts appear to be female, though @Btrees505 so that’s good. Ended up with, I think, two Purple NL2 females, two Stardawg f2 females and one Midas female, in addition to the four Uplifts. They’ve vegged for 62 days now, just flipped them this morning. Got them on an 11:45/12:15 schedule to start and will decrease the light over the course of the next two months or so.

Here’s some pics:

Uplift #1:

Uplift #2:

Uplift #3:

Uplift #4:

I really like the way the Uplifts look, with those big-ass fan leaves and all. Pretty stoked about them.

And here’s the Purple NL2 #1:

And the Purple NL2 #2:

I’m not positive on the sex of either of the Purple NL2’s, so we’ll see what happens here in the next few days.

Here’s the Stardawg f2 #1:

See those crazy crinkly leaves on the #1? I’ve had some plants that grew crinkly leaves before, but nothing like this. They look bizarre.

And here’s the Stardawg f2 #3:

The #3 basically just LST’d itself after I topped it, I dunno if you can see it in those pics or not. But yeah, right after I topped her, she kind of flopped around and really spread out and developed what should end up being a bunch of tops. Both of the Stardawg f2’s look totally different from one another, but that’s not surprising, considering they’re f2’s and all.

And here’s the lone Midas:

I’ve been really, really impressed with the Moonshine Haze from last grow, so I’m pretty stoked about this one as well. At some point, I need to plant more than three seeds of Rare Dankness’ “Sativa” seeds and do a real selection, because I think that their Neville’s Wreck male might be really good. I’m not at all impressed with their “Kush” seeds, just going off of those Starkillers I grew last round, but their “Sativas” seem like they might be really good and worth growing.

Anyway, I’ve been saying for months now that I’m going to go back to the way I used to grow and do everything the same way I did it for my first three or four grows. My yields back then were way better than they have been lately. So to that end, I topdressed each seven gallon pot with gypsum, kelp, neem, fish bone and MBP and covered all of that up with a decent amount of EWC and then mulched. I haven’t used fish bone in a long-ass time. I also, last night, watered with an AACT. Four gallons of water, 1.5 cups of Bu’s Blend and 1/3 cup of molasses, along with just one tablespoon each of OG Biowar Roots and Foliar packs, brewed for 24 hours, which in theory should create a fungal-dominant tea. On the OG Biowar site, they suggest adding four tablespoons of each, but that seems like overkill to me. I’ve actually never added OG Biowar to my AACT’s before, so… We’ll see. It’s been a really long time since I’ve even brewed a sort of “flowering” compost tea, but it is something that I used to use religiously, always like at the day of flip or maybe a few days after flipping. And I always got really good results, so… Again, we’ll see.

Anyway, yeah, here we are. Hopefully all of these plants end up female haha, because I’m really not positive that they all are. Fingers crossed, I guess…

12 Likes