Bodhi Soar, Uplift and Purple NL2; GPS Stardawg f2; Rare Dankness Midas and Ghost of Lee Roy

Started these on December 1, planted the seeds straight into the dirt, no paper towels or soaking or anything. I actually planted five Soar seeds, since I’m pretty interested in those. One didn’t sprout, which is pretty unusual for Bodhi’s seeds, especially ones that are pretty new or fresh or whatever. But I still have two packs minus those five seeds, so… I also planted four Ghost of Lee Roy seeds and three of those didn’t sprout. That didn’t surprise me as much, as I’m slowly learning that Rare Dankness’ less-than-stellar reputation is pretty warranted. I’ve got two of their Starkillers getting the chop tomorrow and I’m unimpressed. I also have one of their Moonshine Hazes that’ll be getting chopped in about ten days. That one has me pretty intrigued, actually. But yeah, Rare Dankness so far has just been,“Meh…”

Anyway, I also planted four of the Stardawg f2’s and although they all sprouted, one of them just fizzled out immediately after breaking ground, leaving me with three of the ST f2’s. The one that fizzled out was replaced with a second Midas seed on December 6 (I spaced and counted wrong when I was planting the seeds on 12/1 and ended up with only one pot available for Midas haha; wanted to run more of those). So the Midas #2 in this log is six days behind the other Midas.

One of the Ghost of Lee Roys was above ground around the same time the other seeds were breaking ground, three or four days. I gave the other three until December 7 to sprout and when it became apparent that they weren’t going to do anything, I replaced them and the one Soar that didn’t sprout with four of the Purple NL2’s. So those four Purple NL2’s are seven days behind everything else.

Got all that? Haha, I’m mostly just typing all of this for myself, so I can remember where everything is at, what day etc.

I vegged them for 31 days in those little three-inch starter containers before transplanting them into half-gallon containers on January 1, although I could’ve (and probably should have) transplanted everything but the Ghost of Lee Roy around a week earlier. You’ll see in the pics that they’re looking a little rough, but that always happens with the way I do things. I like doing things on the first of every month, just to make it easier to keep track of everything, but it does seem to sometimes make the plants a little unhappy. They’ll be fine.

Anyway, here they are, pics taken last night, day 35 of veg:

Purple NL2 #1:

Purple NL2 #2:

Purple NL2 #3:

Purple NL2 #4:

Soar #1:

Soar #2:

Soar #3:

Soar #5 (I stupidly forgot to just switch out the #4 and #5 plant label things haha):

Uplift #1:

Uplift #2:

Uplift #3:

Uplift #4:

Stardawg f2 #1:

Stardawg f2 #3 (forgot to switch the #2 and #3 labels…):

Stardawg f2 #4:

Midas #1:

Midas #2:

And the one Ghost of Lee Roy:

The Uplifts are definitely the most vigorous plants in the tent, hopefully that means they’re just vigorous and not a bunch of males. The Purple NL2’s are also surprisingly vigorous and have pretty much caught up to everything else, size-wise. That Ghost of Lee Roy is the slowest-vegging plant in the tent. I swear, man, fucking Rare Dankness… And the others are doing their thing. I expect everything to be ready to transplant to their seven gallon pots by January 17, just waiting for them to show sex and fill out the little half-gallons.

So nothing to really see here so far. @HolyAngel here’s the thread, if you wanna post some pics of your PLN2’s here, as well. @Eudaemon I know you were interested in the Soars, hopefully we get four females so we’ll be able to see at least a little variety. And @Btrees505 I know you were asking about Uplift. Again, fingers crossed we get at least two females. Four’d be nice, though haha…

33 Likes

all look like there growing up healthy, nice pics , very nice plants, going to watch , especially interested in the purp NL.

4 Likes

Man, got all kinds of things growin in here! Will definitely be checking out those Stardawg F2’s, I picked up a pack of that a couple months back and just been sitting on them.

Anyways,

I popped half my pack, 6 seeds almost 3 weeks ago and I’ve found these Purple NL#2’s to be hungry little beasts! I’m seeing the signs on yours but more so in mine. I usually I don’t have to worry about veg feeds with this soil mix but these plants are asking for it:
Soil Mix:
5 parts peat
3 parts perlite
2 parts ewc
3 tbsp dolomite lime per gallon

Everything in here minus the bottom two plants and the solo cup on the right, are PNL2’s.

I just up-potted from solo’s a couple days ago, half went into 0.5 gallon poly bags to trial them, and the other half went into 1gal fabric pots. Transplanted ~14-16 days into veg, ~18-20 days total from sprout. Hoping that will take care of any nute issues until I’m ready to flower. I think I might try feeding through flower with maxibloom but I’m not positive yet, just haven’t had much fun with the amended soil. (The bottom two plants are a Franco’s Lemon Cheese reveg, and a MWCB from sebring, the solo cup is my last two seeds of Franco’s Lemon Cheese.)

I will try and get better pics/close-ups of each of the pnl2’s later tonight.

I’ve seen a leaf whirl/curl on 3 or so of them so far, not sure if natural or a lack of calcium thing :thinking:
Very very minor or spotted variegation on all of them(could possibly be another nute issue), but it is 100% extreme variegation on the back left one. Was thinking of chopping it early but after seeing some interesting flowered pics of some variegated girls, I will keep it for now to see what it is.

It’s still too early to tell but they are mostly uniform, I think in terms of leaves I’m only seeing a couple phenos out of these 6 seeds but really too soon to know much.

10 Likes

Another solid run starting out. I think they look perfect and ready to explode in their second month of life. :slight_smile:

Were the Stardawg F2 from Greenpoint Seeds? I have some Stardawg F2 supposedly made from the original Top Dawg Seeds first release, and I’d been thinking about doing a preservation run with them until GPS released their F2.

8 Likes

Haha, yeah… I’ve only had Goji and Time Bandit to smoke since my last harvest, so I decided to plant a bunch of stuff these last two grows.

I’m about to harvest two California Cannons in about ten days and I gotta say, I’m really impressed with them. I know that a lot of people despise GPS/Gu (and honestly, if I was aware of his politics before I bought a shitload of his seeds this summer, I probably wouldn’t have bought any), but the CC’s are very impressive. I wasn’t as stoked about planting the Stardawgs as I was some of the other stuff (namely, the Bodhi gear), but watching those CC’s finishing up has got me pretty interested in them now.

Yeah, usually the first thirty days, in those little starter pots, I just try and get them to develop a big enough root ball so I can transplant them into the half-gallons. I don’t really worry too much about how they look because once they get into bigger pots, the soil’ll take care of them. I also always mix a half-teaspoon of fish meal into the half-gallons before transplanting, which seems to help.

Honestly, I don’t even really pay that much attention to them when they’re this young, things just change too much. Like one of them had a big ol’ round set of leaves, very “Indica”-looking, a week or so ago. That’s gone now haha! I just try and get them into their half-gallon pots, which is when things really get interesting and I start to really pay attention (kind of).

Anyway, yeah, I’ve been watching your thread, too, I dunno if I’ve commented on any of the PNL2 stuff yet, but I’m watching. Like I said, when they’re this young, there’s not really much to say haha.

2 Likes

do you really like the francos lemon cheese?

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re Greenpoint. Were the f2’s you have made by JJ/Top Dawg or were they made by someone else who grabbed a pack of the original Stardawg? Either way, fuck yeah, dude, do a preservation run. You never know what the people making those f2’s selected for or if they did an open pollination or what. I’m pretty sure Gu selected a specific female to cross to his Stardwag male (could be wrong about that) and didn’t do any kind of open pollination, so… Yeah, man, do a preservation run.

Right after those Chocolate Trips, I mean… hahaha!!!

9 Likes

YES!!! Thanks for the tag. I have been waiting for this one. I am going to be devastated, though, if Soar turns out to be amazing and I missed an opportunity to grab a pack. I’m throwing in my vote early for Soar #1 possibly being the best. It’s got that ‘je ne sais quoi’. I like 3 a lot, too.

I’m also very interested in Stardawg and the cuts. I’ve never had Stardawg or even seen it on a club menu, but I know Bodhi uses the guava cut a lot. All the smoke reports and descriptions I’ve seen of Stardawg have just seemed too descriptively generic to form an impression without trying it.

I’m also interested in following the Purple NL. Overall, this will be a fun one to watch.

5 Likes

I do really like that franco’s lemon cheese, mine is like smoking a lemon cheesecake :yum: Not the most potent or frostiest thing ever, but it’s damn tasty and still potent enough to get the job done. Just the seeds were crap, might get two plants from a 5-pack of fems.

@minitiger Definitely! And that fish-meal is a good idea :thinking: I’m not worried about it really as you said, they should pull out of whatever funk pretty soon here.

I have seen a LOT of GPS gear and am in the same boat as you. I actually got rid of almost everything I had from them save for a pack of each of catalina wine mixer, ice cream punch(might be willing to trade), and these stardawg f2’s. Most of what I’ve seen of their regs, all tend to look pretty similar, just different terp profiles but a lotta Stardawg.
Also, I see GPS’ Stardawg actually listed as ‘Star Dawg’ two words, not the same as the original Stardawg, one word. GPS F1 Star Dawg is supposedly Stardawg x (Chem D x Double Dawg BX2), so between that and how the regs come out, their F2’s should be decent I’d think… Considering everything, I figured can’t go wrong with em :wink:

9 Likes

Soar’s still around. I just checked Attitude right after I read that sentence and they have it available. I dunno why people have a problem with Attitude; I’ve ordered tons of seeds from them the past ten months or so and everything’s been fine. Their freebies suck, but I’ve gotten everything I’ve ordered and in a reasonable time frame, too, especially considering how bad the mail’s been for a lot of people lately.

4 Likes

attitude is fine, i’ve ordered through them a few times.

Soar is still in stock at breedersdirectseedco and jbcseeds

3 Likes

I’m just not in a position to buy any beans at the moment, since I’m going to be taking a hiatus from growing for a while. If they look exceptional, though, I might pick up a pack and put into cold storage. I am tired of passing on Bodhi strains because I think, “oh I’ll get that later,” only to find out they were discontinued and are now selling for hundreds of dollars a pack on strainly. It’s aggravating. I passed on buying Goji OG seeds maybe a dozen times, thinking, “I’ll get that after I run his weird, esoteric stuff.”

6 Likes

Where’d you hear that? I just looked on the GPS site and it’s written as one word. In the description it says it’s a bx using a Stardawg male and female. The description’s kinda confusing, though, because it says they… Fuck it, I’ll just quote the whole thing: “Stardawg F2 is a phenomenal Stardawg backcross that epitomizes everything its fans love about the strain. Our breeders created this F2 cross by selecting two outstanding phenotypes from a Stardawg F1 project and breeding them over many generations. Over time, the perfect Stardawg F2 was born, boasting all of the best qualities of the Stardawg line and none of the less favorable ones. Indeed, the F2 generation has all the qualities of the original Stardawg with enhanced traits, as well.”

Wouldn’t that make it an IBL? Or an ix or something? If you’re breeding them over “many generations” than the seeds you’re selling aren’t f2’s at all. I dunno. Weird.

I found one California Cannon grow report (on the GPS website, which I don’t trust at all) and the plants in that log look absolutely nothing like mine. The ones in the log stretched big-time; mine barely stretched at all. The nugs look pretty different, too. The finished nugs in the GPS log were very, very “Tahoe-looking.” Tahoe always has a very distinct look that’s pretty different from a lot of OG’s. The calyxes are longer and more teardrop-shaped and the shape of the nugs themselves tend to be kind of “elongated,” for lack of a better word. Mine don’t look like that. They look really good, though.

Also, how many times do I have to type the word “nugs” before my autocorrect fucking catches on? It’s been YEARS. No, I did not type “hugs” or “nibs” or “bugs.” Damn…

7 Likes

Yeah, don’t pass on those beans if you really want them, especially since Bodhi’s retired the OMG male. I think he’s still making the Red Lotus, though? Maybe? I saw some pics of that one on thcfarmer and it looked pretty dang good, so if you miss out on the Soar, there should be some Red Lotus floating around. Won’t be anything like the Soar haha, but it’ll still have that Colombian Red in it…

Anyway, like I said (or I think I said it), I still have almost two packs of the Soar seeds, minus the five I planted and I probably won’t be planting the rest for quite a while, as I have a lot of other stuff to go through in the next few years. So… you know… :wink:

4 Likes

Oh, also, re: Goji beans: I was looking around trying to find some Freeborn stuff (got a pack of his Skycuddler f3 a while back) and came across something called Alpine Seed Bank. They had Goji beans for $200. I don’t trust them at all, mainly because they’re located in Miami (Alpine Seeds, located in Miami?) and also because who’s seen Goji beans for sale anywhere in the last five or six years? But if you’re desperate…

5 Likes

I’ve seen that a couple times now with Bodhi seeds. Some relatively random seed bank will have strains that have been discontinued for years. Midweeksong has all the Bodhi Star Wars remixes along with some others that I thought were gone. I’d be interested in picking up a pack of Jabba’s Stash, for old times sake. That was one of my first grows.

5 Likes

They were made by a friend of a friend who supposedly had a pack from the original release, and I got them in trade a few years ago. I’m not sure if the provenance is true because, when I asked, no pics or info about the parents used to make the F2 were provided, but I’m less enthusiastic about them now that GPS put the F2 up for sale. Seems like I’d be riding coattails and all that.

That’s one of the reasons this site is so important! I feel like we preservationists are trying to combat that exact thing by encouraging the reproduction and free sharing of those old and rare ones. This is the only place actively doing it as a community, although I know other forums have glommed onto the good idea. The more the merrier!

It really bothers me that people buy up the old stock and then resell it at 10x the price, especially when I’ve read and heard secondhand that some of those packs turned out to be dead and not viable for the people who paid the price. I’m sure they’re not getting their $500 refunded. Woof.

This is the exact scenario where we need a preservation run done by someone who can pull 10K seeds or more from a 4x4. I will note that Goji has been for sale within the last year or two; stock only ran out pretty recently. When the time comes, I’ll toss my pack in for preserving.

I passed out a few packs of Jabba’s F2 made by SchwaggyP. A few’ve been run. @Vagabond_Windy ran some of the same ones and has some smoke reports in his thread, if you wanted to check it out. Lion’s Milk (Suge PK x Appy) is on my radar for a preservation run in the future, but it’s going to be at least a year or more if I get the pack from a local mate who offered. I feel like that one’s an “ugly bubba x appy pappy” cross, since most of the phenos I’ve seen were spiky crowns with hair going in every direction. Kinda the red headed stepchild look (colloquialism, not referring to the strain).

5 Likes

I’ve seen a bunch of reports from others that it is in no way the same as the original, but for the exact lineage, and I know this is a grain of salt, but it’s on en.seedfinder.eu and the only “stardawg” listed under greenpoint seeds. Has to be what they’re using for everything.

Plus I’ve been posted up in the GPS thread over on RIU for the last 2 years or so solid, almost 3k pages of grow reports and pics, mostly all the regs but can find most of the fem crosses too.

Greenpoints pic’s on their site are totally fake though, half the time the pic on a strain they list isn’t even of that strain, it’s from a totally different strain that they liked on IG and photoshopped, like the rumrunner. That’s a fun google if you’re bored. And yeah I can’t be sure their own forums aren’t just paid ads… maybe dude was drunk when he wrote the strain down on his journal :rofl: otherwise the only thing that would really make sense in that case, is either a mislabel or an unintended cross-pollination.

9 Likes

Really? Yeah, I haven’t seen any of those Star Wars seeds around for a long time. I trust Midweek Song, though. Or more than I trust some random place in Miami calling itself “Alpine whatever,” especially since they seemed to have a lot of Freeborn stuff that isn’t available anywhere else. And that’s all they had, too, was the Gojis and another Bodhi strain I can’t remember and like seven Freeborn crosses that aren’t available anywhere.

I grew up in Florida, it’s easily the sleaziest, shadiest state in the country. And Miami is the sleaziest, shadiest city in Florida. If it’s coming from Miami, I don’t want any part of it haha.

Anyway, yeah, check out that thread nube suggested, the Jabba f2 one. There were some issues with the growing situation, but the flowers turned out well.

I’m in the middle of trying to get some extremely expensive seeds (I’m embarrassed to say how much I’m paying for them, but they’re from Aficionado, which should give you some idea)(they’re expensive even for Aficionado), but if I get them, I’ll put the other stuff on hold and do a huge preservation run with those. Because fuck them for charging what they charge. And for limiting their releases to 40 packs when I KNOW they’ve got plenty available. And I’m irritated that even though I placed my order two days ago and I got a confirmation email from them, they still haven’t contacted me so I can actually pay for those seeds, which are sold out now.

I realize a “revenge preservation” might not be the coolest thing to do haha!, but I don’t care…

I wasn’t aware of that. Or maybe I was and just forgot. Either way, some place in Miami re-selling those packs at nearly triple the price is pretty dick.

9 Likes

I remember the “milk” strains very well. I was very interested in all three (Cougars, Tigers, Lions). There might have been more, but those are the ones I remember and was interested in.

@minitiger

That is HILARIOUS about Florida. I can’t tell you how much I agree with that. I spent many, many years on the Gulf coast and made my way to Florida frequently. I love it and could easily see myself living there, provided I was within walking distance to the beach. Ever since I watched Miami Vice as a kid, I was in love with the state. Ironic that was my first intro to the state :-/ It is a scuzzy, sleazy state, but there’s something ‘wild and crazy’ about it in a fun way. Maybe that’s because I never had to live there.

I’m digging the revenge preservation run, btw. Really digging it!

4 Likes