Bodhi Soar, Uplift and Purple NL2; GPS Stardawg f2; Rare Dankness Midas and Ghost of Lee Roy

I got some Soar recently and was very interested in finding a smoke report, this is what I found:

Apparently the high is great but the smell and taste, not so much. Find that a bit hard to believe since the product is coming from 2 worked lines but :man_shrugging:t4:. Maybe it hasn’t been pheno hunted properly or could use another cross in the mix

7 Likes

Oh, cool. Thanks for the info. The effects are all I really care about anyway. I mean, super-tasty weed is always nice, but how it makes me feel is the most important thing.

I’m bummed I didn’t get any females this round. I may revisit it my very next grow, which’ll start on May 1, but I’ll probably wait until my September 1 grow, just because I don’t have to run my AC as much for my fall and winter grows. I suspect that that Soar is gonna take at least 13 weeks, so the less AC I have to use, the better.

7 Likes

Alright, so I took some pics last night, day 11 of flower. There’s not really too much going on, but I wanted to keep a record of how much and how quickly these plants stretch. It took a few days after flipping to really set in, so much so that I wondered if I fucked up setting my timer and hadn’t actually decreased the light. But they’re definitely in flower mode now.

Also, one of the Stardawgs, the #3, showed male shortly after flipping. And the Purple NL2 #1 also showed male a couple days ago. So that leaves me with only one each of the Stardawg f2 and the PNL2, along with just the one Midas. I’m getting sick of only having one or two females of each strain every grow. Starting next run, I’m definitely gonna plant fewer strains and more seeds of the strains I do choose…

Here’s a quick couple pics of the Purple NL2 that showed male:

I know I said that I’d leave any PNL2 plants that showed male in the tent for a couple weeks, just to get a look at their flowers, but those sacs showed up so quickly and fully formed, like almost overnight, that I just didn’t feel comfortable leaving him in there. Plus, it’s one less plant for me to lug out of the tent every time I water.

Anyway, here’s the Uplift #1:

Uplift #2:

Uplift #3:

I heard something behind me after I snapped that pic, turned around and:

I don’t think you realize how crazy that is. Bowie’s been terrified of the grow room ever since I started growing. He fucking REFUSED to go in there (he hates any sort of big box-type thing, like, uh, big boxes or grow tents). Sometimes he might poke his head around the corner and take a quick peek. But last night he just walked in like it was nothing and he’d been doing that the whole time. Walked up and sniffed a couple of the pots, took a look inside the tent. I was like,“Uhhhh, what is going on right now???” haha.

And the Uplift #4:

They look pretty good. I dunno if any of you saw that recent post on the Bodhi thread, I can’t remember who posted it, but it was a pic of their Uplift that they said took 80 days, which surprised me. I didn’t think, considering the genetics, that Uplift would take that long, but I’m starting to get the feeling that these are definitely longer-flowering plants. Pistils have barely started forming yet compared to the other plants. And the pistils that have formed are really weird looking. Very long and thick. So thick that I keep second-guessing myself and being like,“Is that a male flower?” I tried to get a pic of them last night to show y’all, but my camera didn’t wanna do it.

Here’s the Purple NL2 #2, the lone female:

I dunno, @HolyAngel what do you think? Mine looks pretty branchy, too. It was topped, as well, but looking at that pic, it does look pretty branchy.

Notice that used sticky trap on the paper towel in the background of that last pic? The one that’s absolutely covered in fucking fungus gnats? That became a serious issue a couple nights ago. The sticky traps have been in the pots since I transplanted but there was nothing on them for days. I watered with Gnatrol a few day after I transplanted, just as a preventative. Last Tuesday, six days ago, I noticed a couple gnats on the traps, so I watered again with Gnatrol at the minimum dose. But they just fucking EXPLODED since then. All the traps were covered with them last night, they were flying everywhere, too, and crawling on the sides of the pots. So I watered with a heavy dose, a tablespoon per gallon of water, and switched out all of the traps. I’ll water again with the Gnatrol in eight days, hopefully that’ll take care of them. Really annoying, though.

Here’s the only Stardawg f2, the #3 (two pics):

She’s barely stretched at all. I’m certain I’m gonna have to put her on a five gallon bucket eventually, just like the two California Cannons I grew last round, in an effort to maintain an even canopy. She’s also very, very compact. I should probably do a little defoliating at some point soon, because she’s just super-compact and really bushy.

And here’s the Midas:

I really like the structure of the Midas, nice and open. But you can tell she’s gonna get huge. She’s definitely my favorite plant in the tent thus far, though.

So yeah, that’s that. Got a long way yet to go, but the way time’s moving these days, simultaneously standing still and flying by, I’m sure these’ll be done in the blink of an eye haha.

14 Likes

Aw that sucks on all the males :cry: that PNL2 male didn’t look like he was gonna be purple either… sadness.

The girl looks good tho! Really they all look great! She is definitely a branchy one like mine. You’re male didn’t look too branchy though :thinking:

Fckn gnats!! I’ve been seeing a few here lately, not sure if they’re comin in with the Mother Earth Coco or my new organic ferts or what. Definitely not gnatpocalypse like you’re saying, but enough to start to be worried. Going to have to pick up some of that gantrol just to have it in-case.

If the Stardawg is in flower, gonna have to second that defoliation :sweat_smile: That Midas looks damn good :star_struck: Love that structure on it!

So what are you gonna pop next? Any more of these or something else? Try again with the rest of the Soar’s maybe? I think I’m gonna pop the last 6 PNL2’s I have tonight and get them out of the way. Flower out the girls, pick a boy… maybe two, to make seeds with. And then start on this Bubba Kush BX2 or Mandana :thinking:

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s actually why I took him out. If there had been even a hint of purple on him, I woulda left him in there a little longer.

Get the Gnatrol ASAP and use it. If you’re seeing a couple gnats now, in a week they’ll be everywhere. I didn’t have any gnats last grow, which was recycled soil, but this grow is new soil that I mixed up a couple months ago, so I’m assuming that has something to do with it. Maybe they came with the EWC I used, I dunno.

Yeah, that’d probably be for the best. I really don’t like messing with my plants at all once they’re flowering, though. So I may defoliate, I may not. If I had more than one Stardawg growing, I’d be more inclined to defoliate. As it is, I’m kind of feeling like,”Well, this run is a total waste…” Not really, but kind of.

I’ll probably re-visit the Purple NL2, especially if the one I’m growing doesn’t turn out purple. I won’t be starting the next grow until May 1, so I should maybe have been able to sample a little bit of the one I have growing now before then. I’m thinking it’ll take between 65 and 75 days to finish, which means I’ll be chopping mid-April.

So yeah, maybe the Purple NL2 again and I don’t know what else. I have a TON of seeds right now, it’s gonna be hard to choose. The Soars will have to wait until my September 1 grow, just because I expect those to take at least 12 weeks. My September 1 grow gets flipped on or around November 1, which means I’ll be able to use the winter air to cool my room, no AC, for like four months. So I’m gonna run the Soar again then, along with the Bandaid Haze I got from Doc D.

But I don’t know what I’m gonna grow next. I have a little over 100 strains right now and well over two hundred packs (I doubled up on a lot of stuff, just in case haha). It’s kind of making my head hurt thinking about what to grow next haha. As we get closer to May, I’ll sit down and look at my list and make a decision.

5 Likes

Heh, sounds like we’re in the same boat seedwise :joy: too many choices and not enough space! :cry:

Roger that on the gnatrol! Was looking around at lowes yesterday but they didn’t even have DE… EWC is a good point though! I had picked up a totally different brand this time and never had gnats before until this new batch of soil over the last couple months. I don’t see anything in the container though :thinking: Guessing they’re like gremlins and need water to hatch and come up out of the soil?

Nice score on the bandaid haze! Gonna be a sativa christmas fest by the sounds of it at least. Will be hoping for a bunch of girls for ya ^^

3 Likes

Honestly, I think that may be true. I really don’t know. I keep all the spare soil that’s sitting in my garage in Rubbermaid containers fairly moist, but I’ve never seen a fungus gnat in there. And I’ve never seen them in veg, ever. It’s only once I flip; then they show up in droves. Very weird. And very annoying haha.

4 Likes

I have found I can dominate the fungus gnats with a combination of Mosquito Dunks (same as Gnatrol) & DE (diatomaceous earth).

They can run but they can’t hide!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I’ve tried that method and it worked okay. Didn’t eliminate them. @nube turned me on to the Gnatrol a couple grows ago and that shit WORKS. It gets rid of all of them. Totally organic, too.

5 Likes

fungus gnats are my big pest, yeah they like moist soil agree with @Gpaw easy enough to control, I use the yellow stickies, there just to monitor the area, not like to rid them, then i use mosquito bits which is same same as gnatrol and dunks I believe, not saying DE doesn’t work but to much bother for me.

3 Likes

I have been utilizing the Mosquito Bits lately and they are a pain in the ass haha. I don’t believe that they are nearly as cost-effective as purchasing the bulk BTI either. I am going to be picking up the Gnatrol soon, thanks to @nube’s advice as well. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

3 Likes

Shiiiiiiiit…

Looks like I spoke too soon, @HolyAngel. As usual.

Woke up this morning and was kind of just dicking around and figured I’d walk over to the outside table and check out the Purple NL2 male I put outside a few days ago. It’s been a little chilly here lately, but I don’t think that has anything to do with the color of those flowers… I guess that’s a good sign, gonna be sure to take an extra-close look at the female in the tent tonight.

12 Likes

OOOH :star_struck:
That’s a handsome looking male you got there! Hope at least one of mine looks like that, if all 3 do idk which one I’m gonna keep :rofl: Wonder if you can reveg a male :thinking:

Are you still gonna toss him or you got plans?

4 Likes

I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to re-veg a male. Shouldn’t be any different than re-vegging a female.

I considered maybe taking clones from him, although I think it’d be a serious pain in the ass to root clones that were taken from a flowering plant (even though people do it all the time). I prefer his structure to the female I have in the tent, too. But I’m just gonna toss him. I have a feeling finding good purple plants from the remaining 18 or 20 seeds that I have left will be pretty easy.

5 Likes

Just thought I’d post a few more pics of that male Purple NL2 I put outside. He’s a real beautiful plant. And I just love pics of weed growing outside, in the sun, as nature intended haha!

The color is definitely a genetic thing and not because of the cold night weather. And I only say that because the Stardawg f2 male that I put outside isn’t showing any sort of purple coloration at all. Green as green can be.

Anyway, yeah, just a few quick pics of that male. Love the way it looks. I really need to kill it and recycle the soil from the pot it’s in, but it looks so good. I’m having a hard time motivating myself to chop it down.

16 Likes

Ah, he’s handsome af! Nice job on the picture taking too! A couple of those pics look like they’re straight out of a textbook :heart_eyes:

The 3 males I have are starting to get their balls now and some coloration is there from the get go. Might make it hard to choose which to keep. I’m thinking either the wide branched one(:heart:), or the middle one, but not the bushy one :thinking:

Did you happen to notice how much stretch there is in the flip? My males are 6 days in and I’m seeing like an inch a day so far, flowered at ~10inches and they’re at ~15-16 inches now. But I changed the lighting too…

4 Likes

I actually kinda prefer branchy/bushy plants. I mean, depending on the strength of the branches, whether they can hold up the weight of the flowers etc. I’d think it would depend on what you’re looking for, really. Whether or not you want a PU-leaner or an NL2 leaner or a nice 50/50 hybrid. I mean, to me, the high is really all I care about. It’s always nice to get some sweet-ass plants that grow easy and yield well and are easy to trim and taste great and all that. But how it makes me feel is really all I care about.

Are you in a position to keep clones of all three males and also the females you’re flowering? If you are, maybe you wanna keep everything around and do some real work with these. Honestly, before I even planted the four seeds, I had a feeling these would be good to breed with. Might be worth keeping everything around. I dunno. I ordered these around the same time I ordered Doc D’s Bandaid Haze and right from the second I ordered them, I was like,”I wanna cross the Purple NL2 with the Bandaid Haze.” I dunno why. I’ve never made seeds before. But just instinctually, I thought that’d be a good cross.

And I always trust my instincts haha…

Well, I’ve only got the one female, but she’s stretching pretty good. It took her a while, though. It took all of the plants this grow a while to switch into that “an inch a day”-type thing. Maybe I’m just impatient right now, I dunno. Too much free time on my hands. But it did seem like it took them a little bit to flip into flower mode. Like maybe about a week. The last few days, though, everything’s been shooting up, finally starting to see some real flower clusters, too.

So, yeah, an inch a day sounds about right. I’ve gotta water tonight (I skipped last night because of the fungus gnat infestation, thought I’d let the soil dry out just a tiny bit). I noticed last night that the Uplift in the front of the tent shot up big-time. I’ll take a close look at the PNL2 tonight, as well.

6 Likes

I don’t mind branchy or some bushy but one pheno in here is especially bushy and I’d rather not proliferate it if possible. The really wide branch pheno does have me worried on floppiness though, even with supplemental silica… so we’ll see.

I do expect this to be a worthwhile cross and is why I chose it. have clones of all 6 PNL2’s currently and can keep them through flower of the girls, especially if I flower them out relatively soon here. I’m still waiting on roots on the clones, but I haven’t lost a clone yet :crossed_fingers: I’d think the NL2 effects would really sync with the Chemdawg and Blackberry Widow being as they’re all pretty similar. So with these I’m expecting some fat, stinky, purple, and potent, nighttime meds. It’s kind of determining what my next grow is going to be, if it is nighttime stuff I’m gonna have to grow some hybrid or sativa cross. If it ends up not being great I’ll trash the males and move on… but I’m not expecting that to be the case.

So I suppose I could keep all 6 clones in there until I see what girl(s) is my favorite, and then only use the male(s) that matched the best female(s) to make F2’s with :thinking:

… That makes way more sense than what I was going to do :rofl:

Either way I was going to reflower the male(s) to make the F2’s, just taking a look a look at them now to see which are purple. If any don’t have purple balls or is weakly colored, i’ll likely chop it and kill the clone, but if all 3 look like your’s, I’ll wait for the girls to see which is best. I’m all about effects, but I feel like the color is one of the points of the cross. I also do like a pretty plant too, floppy/needy/nasty girls really grind my gears :sweat_smile:

I’ve been looking at that bandaid haze on the newsletter for a couple months now and just keep hesitating on it :confused: but I know it’s damn good :fire:!! Vernal has done some work with them that’s looked REAL nice.

8 Likes

Doc’s prices are very reasonable.

But if you need any, I have oodles.

7 Likes

I’m good on Doc’s seeds at the moment. Got three packs each of the Bandaid Haze, the Mexican Death Sativa cross and the Colombian Gold cross, in addition to two packs of SHADYNASTY and one pack of Lemon Melange, the Big Sur Holy cross. Those are all of the ones I was most interested in.

What were you gonna do? I’m really curious now haha.

6 Likes