Bodhi Time Bandit and Goji

Yeah, well, that’s the thing. I definitely cannot get Goji f1s anymore. I shoulda taken cuts of those for sure. I dunno where my head was at…

That’s always what I’m thinking, too, that a plant’ll speak to me. The Time Bandit #4 was actually speaking to me in veg, she just looked like a queen. Ended up being the smallest and lowest-yielding, although I think topping her twice had something to do with that. The #6 was the last one on my mind. Seriously, I’d be sitting on the couch, like,”Let’s see, there’s the #2… the #3… the #4… What’s the other one…?” Haha. And she ended up impressing me the most. We’ll see how each of them smoke.

I do not trust my judgment when it comes to plants in veg, picking males etc etc. It’s why I haven’t ever made any f2’s.

Honestly, most of the time, I’m just like,”I have more seeds, why take cuts?” I also wasn’t really set up for keeping mother plants around (although I am now :wink:). But for something that seems as impressive as these Gojis, that aren’t around anymore, I shoulda taken cuts. That’s actually the reason why, when I went on my seed-buying frenzy this summer, I bought a minimum of two packs of everything (except for the Hollyweed, only got one pack of those, kicking myself right now). I figure I can check out three or four or five seeds and then, if I like them, I don’t have to worry too much about it, because I’ve got a pack and a half, two and a half packs, etc.

And I’ve never grown anything from Bodhi that wasn’t a keeper. Seriously, if I’d have kept every “keeper” from Bodhi, I wouldn’t have planted any seeds in the last three or four years.

9 Likes

Yeah likely not gonna be able to get any more F1’s unless you get real lucky. There are quite a few f2’s/f3’s and such floating around though.

I hear ya on all that though. I had to set goals for what I want to keep or I’d be in the same boat you’re talking about. Have moms and clones and never popping any seeds., but there’s nothing wrong with that either if you have everything you want already. I want a nice day strain and a nice night strain, if i can bundle nerve/muscle pain relief in either of those or have a third plant that’s a thing too. And then I have a breeding project or two I want to do that should give me either one of those or something entirely different. So 90% of the seeds I’ve been buying are to get to those goals. Even if it’s a rare pack to use as trade fodder to get me the seeds I do need.

And whose to say you’re not a good judge of plants? Sure can grow em right :wink: I would think there’s tons of breeders/chuckers making worse choices every day of the week. And really if there’s a mistake, that’s just a learning experience. Think I’m going to always be making f2’s or crosses if I can, if only to save me having to buy more seeds later. If it turns out crap, well least it was free and can run something else now.

Believe Bodhi’s goal with seed selling is every single pack should have something special in it ^^
He talks about it on one of The Pot Cast episodes, like he’ll usually pop a pack or three before release and if he doesn’t find something great in each one, that line doesn’t get released regardless of how good it may be.

11 Likes

Yeah, I just put weird pressure on myself to have everything exactly perfect. Pick the perfect male. Pick the perfect female. Don’t fuck up the gene pool. Make everything better.

I agree, I’m certain people are making seeds without the greatest of parents. I should be doing that, too. It’s one of the reasons why I bought so many packs of the same seeds this summer. At some point, I will pop like two packs of one strain, mono crop and do a little hunting. I just like having a variety of strains to choose from, ya know? If I had more room or more tents, I’d be more inclined. I definitely have a few packs that I’m looking forward to f2’ing in the near future. Some Top Dawg shit, ridiculously expensive. Make a bunch of those seeds and give them away. $200 for a pack? Fuck. You. Haha.

I dunno. Whatever haha!

12 Likes

Reveg those Goji OG f1 it’s not too late unless you already chopped them. I wish I could have gotten you to take some of the Goji f3s I made .

5 Likes

Too late for re-vegging…

I smoked a little bit of the Time Bandit #4 last night before bed, dried but obviously uncured. Breaking it up, it had that typical aftershave/cologne smell. The flavor was identical initially, followed by a big mouthful of soap. Very, very soapy. To the uninitiated, that might sound gross, but I know most of you are familiar with that flavor. I really dug it.

I won’t comment on the high yet, since these are uncured nugs. I’d also had a few beers and a busy day (these days, a “busy day” for me consists of chopping and hanging two plants and spending a couple hours cleaning the grow room…) and smoked it at the end of the night, so an accurate smoke report is impossible. I did sleep really well, though.

Also, I used the Apache AT200, my smaller light, for vegging my seedlings under for the first time yesterday and I was so impressed with it, I bought another one to replace the fluorescents I had in the veg tent. It was 98 degrees or so yesterday, but we barely ran the AC just because me and my girl are both fucking sick of having the AC running constantly since I initiated flower in early July. It did not get hotter than 80 in the tent and it took ten hours for it to get that high. Really, really impressed. Even with the AC on, those fluorescents were getting the veg tent up to like 91 degrees.

I’m not a shill for Apache Tech or anything, I’m just saying… If you have the dough and have been looking for a good LED veg light (or flower light if you’re in a 3 x 3 tent), you may want to look into the AT200. Growershouse is selling them for even cheaper than the manufacturer, I think it was $989, but worth every penny, I’d say.

I even wrote a review of it on the growershouse website haha! I never do shit like that.

9 Likes

I appreciate you, but truly no apology necessary brother. I don’t ever want anyone to feel obligated to gift me seeds. I wish you the best when you run the last 2 Goji OG seeds that you have!

It is humorous that I didn’t realize how interested that I actually am in looking through some of the Goji OG seeds until you offered me them and then I did a week of research on them haha. So yeah, if anyone has a line on some Goji OG seeds, that would be much appreciated. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

12 Likes

It really was only until a few days ago that I was like,”Shit… Okay. These might be something special.” Although I will say that I still disagree with Bodhi’s description of Goji as “an OG on a sturdier frame,” as I did the last time I grew these. I mean, did you see that first pic? That branch straight snapped overnight. And they’ve been flopping all over the place worse than anything I’ve grown in the last few years. It’s been a while since I’ve had to stake and tie anything.

And I don’t necessarily feel obligated, so much as I fucking offered you them and then changed my mind. That’s a dick move. Anyway, like I said in my PM, I have other Bodhi gear if you want it.

9 Likes

Yeah that floppiness is a bad trait imo and needs bred out, but that’s just me :smile: Of the handful of OG’s I’ve grown out, I just hate their structure completely. The super spaced internodes, floppy branches that NEED support… bunch of golf ball buds… bout the only good thing I can say on OG’s is the trim job is easy af :rofl:

Hoping the F3’s I grow next aren’t too bad with it. There’s supposed to be 2 main phenos of the goji’s. A sturdy frame totem pole type pheno, and a shorter super floppy pheno.

7 Likes

F3’s? Goji f3’s? Where’d you get those?

I will say that I think one of the issues with OG’s (and I’m saying this never having grown an actual, straight-up OG) is that people seem to top them a lot. Maybe too much. Both of my Gojis were topped twice and both of them… Well, you’ve seen the pics. Having said that, the first time I grew these, I only topped them once and I recall that the two females I grew that round also flopped big-time. Those two were much, much different than the two I just grew, but they all seem to have that shitty, weak branch strength to them.

Those seedlings in that pic I posted, some of them are a Skywalker OG hybrid, a Tahoe hybrid and a Triangle hybrid. Let’s see how they do. I’ll start a grow log here once things get interesting.

9 Likes

Ooh exciting! I’ve not seen anything of the SkyWalker or the Tahoe, been debating puttin an order in with master thai to try and get some of the tahoe…

The F3’s I got from Sincy so I can test them out for him. I have a few F2’s as well from Barefrog. That’s it for pure Goji’s. I do have a pack or so of Orange Goji, 2 packs of F2’s of 10-D (Snow Lotus BX V1 x Goji QM), and an F1 pack of Boysenberry from LEDSeedz, (goji og boysenberry cut f4 x starfighter f4).Think the only goji cross floating around here I’m missing is the OHGA(Amnesia Haze x Orange Goji) from Jetdro. I have couple other OG’s and some other stuff so my plan is to cross the f3’s or f2’s to something else to try and fixup that structure.

9 Likes

Okay, yeah, I saw @Sincy mention those f3’s a few posts ago. Interesting. I think it’s funny how he/she was like,”I wish I could’ve gotten you to take some of those f3’s…” haha. Dude, @Sincy it wouldn’t have taken much haha… I don’t think I was around when you were offering them.

The Skywalker, Tahoe and Triangle crosses aren’t Bodhi, just FYI. Which actually intrigued me more. I know Bodhi’s shit is gonna almost always turn out amazing (only thing that didn’t was the Mendo Purps/SSDD tester I grew for him a while back), but I’m curious to see how other breeder’s shit does. This’ll be my first grow with no Bodhi gear. Pretty interested to see how it turns out.

7 Likes

Interesting light that AT200, beast of a heatsink, good thermal management and interesting options on mix and match lenses.

Sounds like we need another Goji seed run… I missed out too. :laughing:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Oh interesting! These F3’s will be my first try with Bodhi’s Gear. I’ve not ever grown or knowingly smoked anything he’s ever touched and the goji’s and ssdd are the only beans of his I have. Been eyeing that Cherry Queen and a couple others though… I’ve had good luck with Vision Seeds, Dutch Passion… Greenpoint is decent if you like purple punch or stardawg :rofl:

9 Likes

I do like Stardawg. So much, in fact, that I grabbed four packs of the f2’s a while back haha. I grabbed a shitload of his beans, actually, multiple packs of every Stardawg cross (I don’t do feminized seeds) except any of the GSC crosses. I think Girl Scout Cookies sucks.

Then I found out that Gu was a Trump supporter haha… Made me feel bad about spending so much money on his seeds, but it’s too late now. I have them, might as well grow them out…

14 Likes

I’m really loving your thread so far. Just curious, are you gonna keep mixing politics in, or is this a one time thing?

4 Likes

One-time, brother.

2 Likes

Yeah, dude, the Apaches are great lights. Super-expensive, yes, but worth it in my mind. They just do not get hot. Even my AT600, without AC or cold air in the grow room, it’ll only get up to about 87 or so. Been running the small one all day today and the AC hasn’t been necessary, even though it got up to 100 out here today. In fact, when the AC does turn on, it gets a little TOO cold.

Real good lights for sure. The AT600 is really heavy, 65 pounds, but it’s a great light. Although if I had to do it over again (and I had the money), I would’ve gotten four of the AT200’s for my 5 x 5. Still, I’m happy with what I have.

4 Likes

LOL fun with AC…
I spent 2 weeks early this summer fiddling with air vents even chopping into the drywall to add some air returns high up on the wall of the lung room to get the temperature down :laughing: :rofl:
My next light will have the LED drivers external to the tent. It is beyond me how some folks can run 1KW HPS in a tent.
I appreciate good thermal management.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I’m gonna find out soon my friend in a 4x4. I got an 8 inch inline fan to help. Wish me :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

That is much appreciated. It just seems like there is too much bickering lately, and it shouldn’t be like that here, ya know?

I’m loving to learn about growing some bodhi though :grin:

7 Likes