MidwestMover’s Madness

Good luck with those Marauder boss!!

4 Likes

I hope their strong growers. My environment is a little chilly at night. Also first time in coco.

Thanks for the good vibes man!

5 Likes

Hope there will be a few more of those Marauders around later. I’m gonna share my 10 pack with @misterbee. I’m really interested in it. I’ve never grown any GDP.

I’ll keep cuts and/or make some seeds. Maybe @misterbee will, too. Best vibes on yours!

5 Likes

I think he has some GDP. He has a list of good stuff.

All 9 marauders are up, only I can kill them now.

I’ll try to keep some cuts off this also. Probably won’t make seeds. Unless my outdoor is pollinated again, But those I’ve been tossing.

6 Likes

The auto jack/c99 came up yesterday. 4 of the @Sebring Care Bears are up also just waiting on the last 2.

Watered the marauder and auto jack with 380 ppm masterblend at 6 ph.

7 Likes

Went out this morning and one marauder is fallen over. Looks like damping off. I didn’t use perlite with the coco against my better judgement. I also think I went to heavy on the first feed.

I also smoked the green pheno above. Had good taste. I get a grape flavor, kinda mulberry jam. It’s hard cause you only know so many flavors as a person. It was also covered in trichs. It left little shards on my frisbee.

I also smoked the other after but breaking it up I can’t smell anything besides smoky fingertips.

3 Likes

Smoked the second pheno of the yager. It was a darker shade the whole grow. Has a harsher berryish taste and smell. Less smell breaking it up also. More of the hash or earth taste to it. Not the whole yager smell like liquor, but I haven’t had any in a while either.

I’d wrote up my report and I’d said I like the darker one but after smoking and reflecting the lighter more orange pheno turned out better. The smell is better and it had less leaf and easier to trim. Both buds are solid. I still need to weigh it but that’s not a concern. May save a couple buds off the good one and hash the rest. Really need to get on the hash making and get rid of this trim laying around.

4 Likes

The auto Jack is dead. Two More of the marauders are hurting. The Care Bears are doing fine.

I got heat mat today and put it under the seedlings.
Hope this will turn them around.

1 Like

Neighbor came back from growing in the desert and asked if I still smoked. Lol.

16 Likes

@DesertGrown have you found any varietals that are more resilient to the high heat and low humidity for drying. Something that doesn’t lose its terps in our environment. I hope that makes sense. I don’t have a controlled environment for drying so I’m interested in varieties that can take the abuse to less than ideal conditions.

Thanks.

3 Likes

@toastyjakes I’ve got a couple brf jars that have small pins coming on but the bottom of the jar isn’t fully colonized. It’s a size of a dime to the whole bottom of pint jar. I didn’t use half pints. Should I dunk and roll and fruit them or wait for full colonization. They’re going on 6-7 weeks of growth. I’m patient lol

Also I wanna spawn one cake to WBS everything I read says follow the TEKs, but if it works for grain idk why it wouldn’t except for braking up the brf cake would be harder than the grain jars. What’s your take?

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

I also have one Amnesia Haze clone that has roots peaking out the bottom. My buddy grew it from seed but hasn’t flowered it, so idk if it’s good or not. It didn’t have the best environment to root so I’m hopeful on the vigor portion.

4 Likes

Because the humidity where I live is so low year round, it’s not conducive to just hang plants to dry because they will dry much too fast. They can dry out completely in a matter of three to four days and that will ruin your harvest as the plant cells will no longer be able to hold moisture to complete the curing process.

I use an enclosed space about the size of my grow tent… approximately 40" x 40" x 80".
I hang the plant(s) in there with a humidifier plugged into a timer to run an hour on/hour off continuously and have a fan in there to move the warm humid air around to keep molds at bay.

It works well for me and most times after about 6 or 7 days in there it’s ready to be jarred and begin the curing process.
I’ve smoked some of the uncured buds while cutting them into jars and they smoked nicely, weren’t harsh and didn’t make me cough… a head change from smoking freshly dried flower is always appreciated!

7 Likes

Hey when you get a chance can you post a pic of the carebears just curious how quick they grow I tried to grow some last month but burnt them up after stunting them like no other lol

5 Likes

Ya i wil. I haven’t posted cause my camera takes only selfies and they turn out like crap 90% of the time!

I started at 380 ppm but I backed down to 150. It’s been cold so they’re slow, but they looked good last night.

4 Likes

They definitely have a strong will to live mine survived getting forgotten in the paper towel for 4 days then pretty much frozen soil followed by way to close of a light I had to put them out of there misery lol but have high hopes for the rest of them

3 Likes

That’s about the same life I’ve given mine. Got a heat mat under them last week that helped em perk up a little!

Ya I’ll save the rest and run them out in the sun in June! Getting itchy for warm weather!

4 Likes

That’s my plans with the rest as well

3 Likes

@TheShowMeHomie all the Folgers cans are the Care Bears.

5 Likes

Here my veg plants. They’re snow lotus clones to rerun outside and some SSDD cause it was my favorite this last year!

Gonna throw a couple snow lotus and one SSDD into the ground next week for an early run.

6 Likes