MidwestMover’s Madness

DBHP is done at 15 weeks. That last full moon pushed it to the finish and the morning dew added more trichs to the flower.

Left a top branch for science purposes.

21 Likes

Very cool. I’m looking forward to getting that one going. Let us know what you think in about 5 weeks or so… or, like me, I can tell you 3 times a week what a curing strain tastes like… heh.

5 Likes

I’m the same way, I always sample. Some stuff is good right after drying.

I have a tray of SSDD that’s been sitting for 4 weeks and it’s excellent. I just peel off the sugar leaves and smoke it.

I’ve never cured anything for more than a month. Now I can cure for a year.

What have you been smoking on that your enjoying lately?

You’ve probably got good hash making weather! I went skiing at Monarch as a kid. Is that your area?

4 Likes

Yagers at 6 weeks. I’m still disappointed in my showing of these.
They’re really nice plants for the abuse I put them through. I’m seeing some brown pistils so I’m sure some nanner pollen took hold.

16 Likes

Looking good bruv… hope you get some good smoke from those

3 Likes

Yeah bro.i feel your pain one of the hippie slayer testers went nanners on me… and I’m seeing where it sprinkled its load on a few spots on the other ladies…bummer

7 Likes

My top two this run are Purple Poison Cookies from Sam at Baked Beanz and next would be a cross from a friend of GG#4 x Sour Bubble. I’m smoking it now. That first fresh hit or two are something. PPC still beats them all.

Yeah, Monarch is probably the closest good ski hill. It’s still about 3-4 hours away because of geography and weather. A lot of the big ones are another hour away. We had a local one in our mountains but it closed a good while back. Snow isn’t as normal here as other places, at least some years. And, it’s not on the beaten path so it didn’t have the foot traffic. It’s a cool place and looks like a great hill. I think our city/county bought it recently to turn into a rec park, so not sure what they will do with it. It looks like it has a great vertical drop. It’s at Cuchara on Hwy. 12 west of Trinidad.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people raving about his purple poison cookies. I still have the marauder to run from him also. What’s the flavor like on the PPC?

I’d never had sour diesel or gorilla until this year.
My neighbor gave me some of his sour and a buddy had given me a gorilla clone to run. They’ve been two of my favorites along with ssdd and a bagseed royal cookies.

5 Likes

I need to get me a jar of SSDD going again. I loved that smoke.

PPC is sort of like a chemical cookie… I never had a good cookies but I get it in here. and the other flavor is a chem sort of, dank and just a really nice combo that seem to go together. It’s a little more complex than that and I struggle with terps. But, it’s just got a lot of good things going on with it.

Never had any SD either unless I did in the 80’s and it had no name attached to it. I have some sour crosses I recently got from Santero. He has one off crosses (some he keeps) and neat ideas for killer prices at Seedheaven. He goes by SAN. Looking forward to some sour crosses.

Pedro sent me a few Sour Bubble so I’m looking forward to that, too. That GG#4 x Sour Bubble yielded well and is crazy coated in trichomes.

10 Likes

Didn’t wanna move my thread to the indoor section, so I got my butt in gear and finished my outdoor dwc. 200w aquarium heater to keep it at 68. Gonna throw a couple of growhards stuff to check if it was light leak or not causing herm stuff.

8 Likes

2-2-2 tsp of masterblend, epsom, and calcium nitrate. Ppm is 600 E.C. is 1180, res temp is 70.8

Gonna be 39 tonight.

Taking bets on life or death!

14 Likes

I’d say it’ll live, but will not be happy. :slight_smile: But as long as the res is warm, it should do okay.

1 Like

I see it’s on wheels can it go in a garage and wrap a blanket around it worth a try
Do you have a heating pad hang it in the middle ?

2 Likes

Their living I adjusted the heater down a little to far and it got down to 64. I adjusted back up.

2 Likes

Ya the wheels are to move it to find sun or cover from rain. I’ve got a real mild winter and Most days are in 60’s or mid 50.
I’m trying to replicate a guys dwc that he runs in the desert. He’s got almost same temps. I wanna grow outside year round. I really don’t like growing inside and trying to manipulate the environment.
I’ve got an aquarium heater to keep the water temp where I need it if I adjust it right!

4 Likes

You’re in the midwest? Must be down near Missouri…? I still didn’t think it was that mild all winter.

I have been amazed at how well cannabis can/will tolerate occasional cold bursts outside. Once it freezes that’s it, but anywhere north of that, and especially if you get sun during the day or a warm up, they do fine. I think they are stimulated by it, at least some strains.

Steady 40’s and 50’s, I don’t know. I’m sort of experimenting with my new grow space now. I’m dropping to the high 50’s on cold nights but gettin up to 66-72, depending on outside temps. I’m below ground so the dirt is warmer than the air and that helps. It’s a large space though, under the house and hard to heat. ~1000 sq.ft./9’ ceilings.

They seem to be vegging fine, but will see how they do in flower now. I do have a little more humidity down there but still only ~45%. You always have good humidity, huh?

I’m going to fire my diy cloner up today or tomorrow. Looks like the same tub. I haven’t tried it yet, but it should be good. I got a larger pump and better airstone, for now. I’ll try a pump and sprayers one day. peace

2 Likes

I’m from Midwest. Nebraska. I don’t live there anymore. I move pretty often so I picked MidwestMover. It rhymed.

Not in soil it doesn’t like it well. I tried last year. I’ve got a small thread on Grasscity called stay at home grow.

Can you run flower at night to offset cold times. I have to run lights at night in winter and during day in summer. We have no humidity here in central cal. Well now we do at night and maybe 40% during day.

It’s 17 gallons. I can fit 23 spots if I needed to.

Does it have stones and water pump? What size water pump is in it? Just in case I need to make this a cloner. I’m thinking only two sites in the next lid.

3 Likes

Checked ph of the tote and it was 7. The masterblend takes my tap to 7 but getting it to 5.5-5.8 is a lot of ph down. I’m using citric acid also.Temps are up to 68. Here’s to them taking off. I’m also going to get a shop light with an led to keep it in veg, which will work better than porch light.

4 Likes

@toastyjakes Sporeworks doesn’t ship to California can you recommend another site to order a spore syringe. I don’t think my print is gonna show up from another source and I’d rather do the syringe first time.

4 Likes

Ya… Most spore places don’t ship to California, Georgia and Idaho… No idea why Idaho lol

But you may be able to look at free spore ring or some such cash in an envelope old school ways… if I had any prints I didn’t have to work out before I used them I’d send you a couple

3 Likes