MidwestMover’s Madness

No I think it was purple Alaskan or a sugar black rose cross of Reiko’s lowryder male from his FAM Giveaway. I just harvested another purple one but it was only 6 inches tall.

4 Likes

I also had a purple,black plant this summer that only got 6 inches tall the rest of the autos were green and maybe a ft tall .

3 Likes

All mine were like that also. Maybe taller. It was a nice oz of each. All of them were very good tasting!

My indoor ones were all small. One was a foot maybe, with a bug the size of a fist.

2 Likes

Friend or foe? I left him. I read that if they are stung by mosquitos with some diseases it would neutralize it somehow.

I released a few hundred ladybugs and green lacewings. I went overboard and got 1,500 of each. I also put some ladybugs in the fridge to see if they store for the supposed two weeks. Wife is thrilled!

15 Likes

The big SSDD. Grew 6 of them. This plant is about a half. The other 5 are 3/4. All of them are great smoke straight off the dry line.

23 Likes

Friend! Our reptile brethren need love (though they likely are eating some of your beneficial bugs ATM).

3 Likes

@MidwestMover great thread out of likes once more
Love Bodhi gear

3 Likes

Ya they like me! My wife took this looking for a parent trap moment.

He probably ate all my ladybugs last night. The lacewings are eggs in hanging bags so hopefully he didn’t get those.

12 Likes

Thanks man!
I’ve kind of messed his stuff up. At least to the standards I wanted for myself.

The snow lotus have taken over! I’ve also been blessed with a amazing outdoor crop, even though slightly seeded!

5 Likes

beauveria bassiana is the best bio pesticide that will ensure great growth in your plants by restricting many pests. I personally using it past 5 yrs.

12 Likes

Thought I’d give you a pip @steve055 welcome to OG

5 Likes

That’s really cool!

I have a couple questions though.

I live in high heat, low humidity conditions. Will it still work. They said it would need above 50% and under 100. I don’t think we ever have over 50% humidity during sun light hours. Summers are 100 for three to four months.

5 Likes

A few of the snow lotus clones have some new growth on top. I also got some cuts off the SSDD cuts I gave my buddy. Really excited to get this back. I gave him cuts off two different ones but the good one had longer leaves and more serrated looking. This plant is a resin monster and has that blueberry, chem flavor. Really good terps and i have a branch still sticky when it’s been drying for three weeks.

18 Likes

Does anyone use masterblend fertilizer? It seems comparable to jacks and is available off amazon.

Also E.C. meter any recommendations for a cheap one under $20?

I also got a 7 way splitter for a SIL light to try it in veg. I’m using two 5k and 1 2700k.

How do you pop the covers on them or is it even necessary?

6 Likes

I haven’t tried masterblend yet but wish I had bought that instead of the Peters Professional Hydroponic Special (same as Jack’s). I grow in soil, so I’m always having to adjust the pH up to 6.4-6.6 because of the pH buffering in the hydroponic fertilizer mix.

If you grow in actual soil I think the masterblend would be preferable.
If you’re in hydro, Peter’s or Jack’s would help to keep your pH in the preferred hydro range.

EDIT: WOW. Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. “Like” votes from such a prestigious group of members is truly flattering… :blush:

It was just my hard-earned $0.02 USD.

8 Likes

Popping SIL covers.

Or (I haven’t tried this method):

3 Likes

End of week 5

16 Likes

Has anyone ever used their soil as a bulk substrate for mycology after a grow?

Thought I could grow cannabis, fungi and then worm food it to repeat the cycle.

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I think the soil would have to be sterilized first.

Could work with coco, too.

2 Likes

Ya I was gonna pressure cook it first. Use barley for the pf tek then move to bulk sub in a mono tub.

3 Likes