Buddy's AF Grow Show

Be careful with the zkittlez if they are fastbuds. It may have just been a one off but the one I grew out stayed really small and compact but the cola was as fat as my arm. I didn’t keep a close enough eye on it and even though my RH was around 55% she ended up full of Botrytis. It couldnt be seen until I stroked the cola one day to get a smell and the dust flew out. I ended up composting the entire plant and went out and bought a huge dehumidifier. Luckily the other remaining autos were not effected.

2 Likes

They are fastbuds, I will for sure keep an eye on them.

I had grown cream cookies from them and the plant turned into a beast. One hell of a smoke also, really great taste.

3 Likes

Day 4- Zkittles
So far so good! Bumped her feed just up by 50ppm.
Total : 645ppm

Day 23 - Cookies N Cream
Think she looks good, just did a bit of leave tucking. Still struggling to find the “perfect” green, I have a feeling she can be fed a bit more.
Total : 1070ppm

Waiting on another Autopot system which should come this week. I need to get my babies on the system asap so she can explode. I’ve also cut down on the size to 2gal pots, as the 4gal Autopot just grows way too damn big for me.

6 Likes

Day 7 - Zkittles
Total : 725ppm

Still looking good, just 1 run of the litter, but I’m sure it will do just fine in the end.

Day 26 - Cookies N Cream
Total : 1210ppm

Huge growth spurt over the past 3 days, raised the lights to avoid some yellow tips and guess that really helped out. If all goes well with this feed she will be hooked up to her reservoir in a day or 2.

Overall hoping to keep the momentum going with this grow.

8 Likes

Girls are still looking good! Ive got some work to do this week on my other tents that are in flower (too ugly to show). Hoping I’m about 2-3weeks before I chop them to free up space and move my plants around.

Day 30 - Cookies N Cream
Total : 1310ppm

One plant is showing signs of nitrogen toxicity, but overall looking good.

Day 11 - Zkittles
Total : 800ppm

Looks a bit hungry to me, they are doing pretty good.

7 Likes

They look pretty good to me.

2 Likes

Day 15 - Zkittles
Total : 850ppm
Time to get some pots ready for these babies…I was thinking of fimming one of them but maybe next round.

Day 35 - Cookies N Cream
Dropped MC back down to 650ppm, looks like she is no longer having any toxicity issues, but going to slowly increase again. Last time I grew these she was around 7g of feed and loved it, still aways to go.

3 Likes

I think it’s what i struggle with is trying to figure out when it’s looking good. Increasing feed too fast or just slacking.

Day 18 - Zkittles
Total : 850ppm
Today I will be moving these babies to bigger pots, have so much COCO to recharge.

Day 38 - Cookies N Cream
CM - 275ppm
MC - 690ppm
SC - 150ppm

So after feeding her just a bit too much, i backed down a few days ago and she seems happy.

I had to move 2 to another tent, as this veg tent is just a bit small. I’m trying to figure out my tent upgrade, maybe one with 3 compartments.

7 Likes

They’re looking very happy. What’s your process like for rinsing and recharging coco? I’d love to keep reusing mine.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been following to re-use my coco. Mind you, I get lazy and usually just buy new bags of coco.

I think I’ve got 8-4gallon Autopots needed to be washed so I’m planning on doing it over this coming week. I don’t have a backyard so the process is slow, doing it in my tub.

1 Like

That’s interesting, thanks!

Although honestly I’m probably too lazy to ever do it lol. Do you recharge with 150% calmag like they suggest? I wonder what ppm the runoff would be after putting that recharged coco in a pot and putting some straight water through it

2 Likes

Last time I did this I added about 600ppm of calmag and 300ppm of megacrop.

Need to figure out a faster way of doing this, cause it’s just a pain in the ass to do when I can buy a big bag for $30.

2 Likes

I can’t see any nutrient burn. What made you back off feeding higher ppms @cdnBuddy?? Did they wilt? Autos are light feeders compared to photos but 850ppm still seems low to me :thinking:

1 Like

I was getting the claw at 700ppm of MC at around day 30 or so. I’m now back at that feed, and looking at the top leaves I don’t know if she should get more?

2 Likes

Yeah that doesn’t look good at all. Are they bouncing back since you dropped ppm?? Is it a single plant?? The only fastbuds plant we have/had in common is the zkittlez and mine got mould so keep a close eye on her. Mine didn’t stretch. Stayed really small but cola got fat AF. Forearm fat. I’m unsure how to advise mate. Maybe different phenos??

2 Likes

Id say nitrogen toxicity flush and cut your feed back

3 Likes

They all bounced back after I dropped the feed down to 600ppm, and they are back at 700ppm and doing great. I’ve got 4 of them, Cookies n Cream from Fastbuds (second time growing) and she is hands down the best tasting bud I’ve smoked since.

I’ll keep on posting and keeping an eye on them. ZKittles is the 6 babies I’ve got going, and I will be keeping an eye on her so I don’t get mold.

Yup, once I noticed I cut back right away and she’s looking good now. No new signs of toxicity.

2 Likes

Some bud is better then non. If they like lite feeding then my advice is just give them what they need and no more. Good luck @cdnBuddy. Sorry I couldn’t help more :+1:

2 Likes

Finally potted up, and my tent is a bit full until I free up some space in my other tents. I see some signs of over watering on some plants, so i’ll wait a few days before she perks up before watering again.

1 Like