Buddy's AF Grow Show

If your phone is OTG compatible like mine you can use one of these like I do https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Digital-Microscope-Magnifier-Wireless-1000X-2MP-HD-USB-for-PC-iPhone-Android/132945023965?hash=item1ef42413dd:g:vKoAAOSwCuBcXGZ6

7 Likes

Yup looks like my phone is OTG compatible. Sold!

1 Like

You will also need a OTG cable to go with it :+1:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-USB-Cable-OTG-Adapter-Android-Tablet-PC-and-Phones/162441345089?hash=item25d2423841:m:m_SDBwB9TBgDsZ3xa9FvGew

4 Likes

Brooklyn Sunrise has been chugging along! Iā€™ve splashed a bit of nuts on her a few times oops. I just feed her, and bumped up the nuts to get some more colour in her.

Iā€™ve been really paying attention to her leaves on how perky theyā€™ve been and just waiting for her to show signs up being thirsty. This morning she (3days since last feeding) she started to show signs. Took awhile, but itā€™s all starting to click with me!

7 Likes

Do you need an app on your phone to run it?
I got my cable today :slight_smile:
The light comes on, on the scope but I canā€™t see anything coming up on the screen.

3 Likes

Yes mate you need a OTG camera app
Camerafi seems to be the best one Iā€™ve found

3 Likes

Cheers bud :slight_smile: (20 char)

3 Likes

Few odd leaves have some brown spots and just verifying that this is a calcium deficiency? Feed is around 2ec using to water and adding calmag 1ml per litre. I did add a tad less last resevoir top off, so my next batch is is ready at full strenght.

4 Likes

I forgot what your grow medium is. If itā€™s something other than soil Iā€™d check the ph. She wonā€™t uptake calcium at certain levels :+1:

2 Likes

Just coco and ph is at 6.2. Damnā€¦looks like my ph increased again. Ph was at 6 a few days ago.

Iā€™ve been mixing my nutrients 3gal at a time. After mixing I check Ph and before dumping it in the res I recheck, and test it a day or so after to make sure itā€™s good.

2 Likes

Try get the solution down to 5.5 to 6.0 as thatā€™s optimum for calcium uptake in coco :+1:

2 Likes

One thing I need to comment. People want stable ph in hydro (coco is hydro) you need the ph to swing slightly so the plant can uptake all elements. Holding the ph stable so it takes calcium will eventually lock another element out creating another problem. Allow it to swing between 5.5 and 6.2 but donā€™t just drop it from 6.2 to 5.5. Do it gradually

3 Likes

Got it! Iā€™ve been making sure I start with 5.8ph and been doing my best not to go over 6. Iā€™ll just be more diligent checking the ph when in the res.

My Brooklyn sunrise is growing without any training, and what a big difference compared to the ultimate. Been feeding her as per your tips and shes doing so much better.

Also since my lights are higher up from her top her node spacing is way better! In a 2 weeks it will be 2 months since my growing cherry has been popped!

3 Likes

Glad it worked out for you. Make them work for the water and spread and grow more roots. In bloom they will double or even triple in hight so be careful you donā€™t let them veg too much :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. That was my planā€¦start at 5.8 and creep up by .1 ever few weeks.

Iā€™m only growing autos, and have 7ā€™ high tent. Plus shes been stunted from my over watering earlier on so I should be safe.

2 Likes

I had a ww auto stall out on me for 10 days then she just took off and I couldnā€™t control her growth. Ignore the breeder times. Trichomes, pistils and leaf fade is your indicators. Pistils brown off. Leafs fade and trichomes change colour. Trichomes is whatā€™s most important :+1:pistils and leaves fading is just an indicator sheā€™s nearing the end of her life cycle.
Check my GSC auto out. She looks like shit but her buds are swelling and frost really setting in. Still has around 4 weeks left.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve read all your journals, and cant wait for mine to start growing buds. I think my sunrise suffered about 10days of hell and shes looking good I think.

Iā€™m slowly prepping for a harvest and decided to go with either a cardboard box or brown bag to cure. Camera that you suggested is on itā€™s way also!

2 Likes

She looks fine. My GSC looks like sheā€™s dead :rofl: honest though stop stressing about them or your grow will take a life time to finish and being to eager will make you chop too early rendering your plant useless. Keep the ph within that range and feed as they need it. She will wilt if sheā€™s thirsty and tell you to give her a drink

3 Likes

For me I have found in some strains the big shadies yellow and no amount of nutes will change it. I figure itā€™s simply hormone driven senescence and resource allocation from leaf to flower. Some kelp extracts containing cytokines can delay this, and imo seem to keep things significantly more lush, but in doing so it also can extend flowering time. Specifically Ascophyllum nodosum kelp extracts can be of assistance here. I add 50 grams of it to my tank, for coco/dirt its a dosing at a gram a litre. This stuff can have varying levels of potassium so check the analysis so you donā€™t overcook , as a bonus there is a good calcium levels as well as heaps more in it as well.
The buds look sweet and the plant generally looks healthy. Iā€™d be plucking all them yellow leaves of if it were me, if only because it will look prettier then and get more light in there into the bargain ;). Youā€™ll find most of those yellow leaves will fall off stem and all if you give them a yank. :+1:

Leaf issue I was having is in check, I now check Ph in my res once a dayā€¦and shes starting to get some trichs. Really cool seeing it!

Brooklyn sunrise is doing ok, had to cut back on nutrients a bit but shes doing pretty good overall. Been doing a bit of leaf tucking and thatā€™s all. Feeding her every 2days now.

Camera is in, and ordered another tent 5x5 so ill be moving everything to my new tent this week! My current tent will be used for drying and probably to start my seedlings. All I need now is another light, but thatā€™s a few months away.

9 Likes