Bugs hatching out of seeds?

those weren’t the ones i sent were they?

1 Like

It is highly unlikely that it is from the seeds that you so generously shared. Fungus gnat larva will definitely eat the brand new roots and stems of seedlings. I’ve seen this before, as previously mentioned. They didn’t hatch out of your seeds, they are crawling in them after they crack and eating the goods…

7 Likes

Agree, plagues like weevils put their eggs on seeds, larvae make a hole and eat the contents, I don’t think this can happen in seeded buds, I guess those came from the soil … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

That seed husk looks like something straight out of a Wes Craven film.

Nightmare on Weed Street.

2 Likes

Not from you its from someone else im pretty sure its gotta be the soil im sure the beans were fine

that makes me feel better about the rest of my stash in the fridge. hope it all works out soon for ya.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen the little buggers eat my seeds. Fungus gnats lay on the soil, so I think it’s unlikely that their eggs are actually in the seeds.

1 Like

They must have sensed all the complex sugars in the Seed when it split im guessing and found the source funny thing is the soil is a brand new bag and was dry as hay.I had these in a dome with it sealed must have had one get in there somehow how long can dirt gnat eggs live in a sealed bag of peat?I know they cut that stuff frozen them process it how the hell did gnat eggs survive that?

1 Like

Definitely think i know whats going on now lol.Definitely not dirt gnats.Im going with nematodes.The Ewc i use the Brut 30lb bags is loaded with nematodes it was nematodes all along.I put a pinch in with each seed just a tiny bit and im pretty sure they attacked the seedlings.Definitely not doing that again

1 Like

Read somewhere any soil with wood on it brings gnats, I remember someone using EWC just to germinate the seeds (was it JPS? icon_e_confused|nullxnull ), not growing there, now that makes sense … beer3|nullxnull

I don’t know how long they live in soil in the bag but I’m pretty sure it’s for a long time. Any soil with beneficial nematodes won’t have problems. Science used to have a theory of spontaneous generation of life based on fungus gnats showing up from nothing.