Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

sweet, one of those devices will answer a plethora of questions.

3 Likes

How are you they looking too you???

They look good to me. I can see they’re roots through the cups.too and they are nice. Long going right to the bottom on the outside of the cup.

The leaves are growing this time. I’m guessing my last run the soil was neutralized and from being out in garage cold for so long and j didn’t add any nutrients.

I’m hoping that’s the issue.

And these babies keep growing…

I’m at my friend’s now and he is reflling all my nutrient jars . I’m gonna see what else I can pilfer lol

So I was able to rehydrate my over dried cannabis. I tested with a few branches over night and it worked wonderfully. It even burned and smoked great.

So I have proceeded to do that with the rest of the blue monster and continue the curing process of jarring and burping.

I was thinking of adding some wet stems . Or fresh stems from a recent harvest into my jars to re hydrate.

I

5 Likes

Wooohooooo now I just need to learn how to use it… I guess I will test the runoff from the one plant I kept from the last ruined run.

My friend refilled all my nutrients and load me the trunk in and let me take a couple pictures of his remaining plants before he shuts everything down for good or for a while at least

9 Likes

Your seedlings are looking great and the plant that survived is actually looking really good. I can see it there, looking like it wants to thrive. The bluelabs will measure conductivity and place a dot on the side next to the reading, indicating EC, and TDS on all scales. I have one just like it.
If there is nutrient in those jars, I would keep them in a very dark place, or your plants could suffer from iron deficiency. Usually light isn’t good for it, that’s why they keep it in black containers.

2 Likes

I keep the jars in a cardboard box that used to be a box from a set of drinking glasses with the dividers And I close the lid (I just took them out for the picture :slight_smile:
I will look for some plastic containers that are dark.

He showed me how to check the ppms in his reservoir and I think he said he wanted it around 1100? ?

I will run some water/ do a flush through my plant tomorrow and see what it’s reading.

3 Likes

WHAB uses one of those.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Okay!!!
Help time!!

Some of these leaves are getting bigger than the cup

And the roots are exploding out the bottom!!! Way more than the last shitty batch

. . no nutrients has to of been issue…and poor light…

@ShiskaberrySavior I have been feeding via second cup and I tried the tray but there was holes.in it lol and heating mat under neath Lol… They drank most of it though.

Shoul ii start preparing my transplant plan?

@Papalag
@Barefrog ( fingers crossed I get a girl lol if not the experience will do me good and if I succeed with these seedlings I’m Popping more As I have a 49 plant limit lol)

The soil isn’t drying out very fast but I’m eager to feed them nutrients after the last two feeds were water and once before was a micro feed. lol

I think transplant in a few days and feed??? Lol

8 Likes

Micro feed Mabye. ( personally I’d give tiny amounts of water via bottom feeding)

The soil soakes up them nutrients and these are still baby’s. Try to not overwater them, let the soil dry out a little.

You could uppot the ones with roots growing out the bottom if you like, but others are still small.

Last time I grew in cups.

9 Likes

THanks partna!!

I like the feeding from second cup. I have some quarter strength nutes that I will use when the soil dries up.

It is much damper than It should be but I had the humidity dome on for first week and half so I think that’s why it’s still damp.

Is it possible to over water from the bottom? LOL
Or will they just not drink?

Right now I know the soil would not be a Good idea to water.

My medicine is ready, burping and cure beginning.

Everything is how I want it ! My tester of the blue monster burned well .(not so pretty and not so trimmed and looking rough country)

I can only imagine the L.A. CONFIDENTIAL (the pretty trimmed one )

Super happy I got some jars of medicine,

I just smoked some of my 9lb hammer this afternoon that I harvested in June and it’s been curing since them. And damn whaat a perfect slow burn and smooth taste :slight_smile: I still have a 4-5 gram bud that’s rocksolid.( + I still have 60grams of sour jack that I’m saving for spring lol and 2z of of chem91 Fromm June that’s too racey for me)

10 Likes

LOL
I know man I know.
I see people grow in such small containers lol

So no rush to up pot. I’m always worried about root boundLOL

LOVE those trees.

I will let them develop some more .

4 Likes

Yes, they can drown… Roots need water & Air.
When your soil dries out, and you water again, the new water suckes are into the soil. :wink:

3 Likes

Okay thanks man!

appreciate the help!

SO I guess I should take the 2nd cups off the 1st cups to let them roots breathe better?

I don’t want them sitting in the condensated 2nd cup ,right? Just let em air out onnthe black tray??

Ehhh it’s too late for me to do that right now anyway. They’ll be fine lol

3 Likes

Good idea for tomorrow. :wink:
After they have dried enough, water just a little.
Like to the 1st ring on bottom of solo cup.

Wet/Dry cycles = BIG growth
Can use a fan blowing across the plants to help dry it out some. Although your photos don’t look soaked or super muddy so thats good

3 Likes

Yes! I will get a clip fan going. My flower tent is SHUT DOWN …a bit disappointing lol. There should be plants in there…but god wouldn’t give me more than I could handle lol…so I will take a clip fan from there
( let’s get these wet/dry cycles going! going to love this correlation lol

I had another question…i forgot…

Oh yes

Should I do away with the heating pad now??
I’ve got it on a cycle of ON10 minutes every 45minutes

The floor is laminate . . .still in the basement however. Might put the pallet underneath

4 Likes

I’d say keep the heat mat on for now and I feed clones almost the same ppm as what the mother plant is getting but that’s just me.

5 Likes

So brudder…what should my PPM be at lol??

Say I mix up a reservoir of 10 litres of water and put in my REMOnutrients for the reservoir size…

Like what should my ppm be? Once I determine a ppm I want… and it reads high…Do I just add water to lower it??

Is what you are saying is you don’t use a lot of nutrients for clones or mothers? Or just keep the PPM the same?

Parts per million of what ? I need to watch a few YouTube video :frowning:

4 Likes

Around 600 ppm but my well water is around 300 ppm . It depends on how the clones look if they need some food I also give them straight tap water periodically also .
I’ve been known to torture clones in beer cups but most survive .

4 Likes

I’ve got it figured out i think

My friend suggested It should start at 100ppm and go up 100 per week ! And max 7-800 for veg and 10-13 for flower,

3 Likes

careful with the ones with the deformed leaf(s), it might be a sign you are getting close to over fertilization. Especially on the really small seedling with the crazy-ass leaves.
If you have some of the old planting medium you used on those last seedlings that almost died, mix that with a bit of distilled water until it’s a slurry you can test with the blue labs and see what number it gives. Curious to see what condition of the soil wiped them out.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe.

Thanks for the visual identification warning / tip on the leafs.

They are looking a bit freaky haha and some stunted…but growing.

Im off work tomorrow so I will be doing some experiments lol

And yes I’ll test my Bx promix I had stored in the garage - great idea.

And I can test the soil from the plant that I kept - that would have the same soil. . .I won’t mind flushing water through it to get a reading.

2 Likes