Cannabis vs Covid-19 / Coronavirus 🧬

NJ patients should not hold their breath.
Maybe happen, far in the future.
Tragically pathetic.

Eta- similar 2nd article added

2 Likes
4 Likes

What to Know About Using Cannabis Right Now

Should consumers be concerned about weed in the age of Covid-19?

https://elemental.medium.com/what-to-know-about-using-cannabis-right-now-27a9c53b8fe2

1 Like
2 Likes

Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/cannabis-shows-promise-blocking-coronavirus-infection-alberta-researcher/

Cannabis extracts are showing potential in making people more resistant to the novel coronavirus, says an Alberta researcher leading a study.

After sifting through 400 cannabis strains, researchers at the University of Lethbridge are concentrating on about a dozen that show promising results in ensuring less fertile ground for the potentially lethal virus to take root, said biological scientist Dr. Igor Kovalchuk.

6 Likes

very, very hungry & thirsty. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

I been smoking weed for almost 60 years now. It must work. I haven’t gotten the coronavirus. Gonna skip the bleach though. hahaha

6 Likes

Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher

https://flip.it/CTXWf4
This is interesting.

7 Likes

I also heard roumer that tobacco may also help but dont know if i should believe either, getting stoned either way.

4 Likes

Heard that as well, even though at one point media was saying smoking/vaping would make you more susceptible to it. Either way now I have an excuse to smoke more bud :grinning:

4 Likes

I’ve been stoned the entire time and I don’t have Coronavirus. According to my research, with a sample size of 1, Cannabis is 100% effective haha.

14 Likes

I guess we should make cannabis available for free to everyone, to achieve a larger sample population.

For science :wink:

10 Likes

I wonder what strain/cultivar they are using for this study?

4 Likes

Paint me just a tad skeptical.

Quotes from the article:
Kovalchuk, whose Pathway RX is owned partly by Olds-based licensed cannabis producer Sundial Growers and partnered with Alberta cannabis researcher Swysh.

The study under Health Canada licence using artificial human 3-D tissue models

But the absence of clinical trials remains a barrier, and funding from an increasingly cash-strapped cannabis industry isn’t there to fuel that, said Kovalchuk.

This ‘researcher’ owns a cannabis “pharmacy”, and his study is based on computer generated models of artificial “human tissue”.

So this is not even a sample size of ONE! LOL :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@anon32470837 that a degree of skepticism is warranted. On the flipside , in today’s age most things start as a model. If that is successful due course should proceed. What I do think is that even if this is proven accurate big brother does not want you or I to treat, free of charge, a therapeutic product. I also wonder who may own the rights to these " dozen strains".

3 Likes

I have came to the same conclusion

3 Likes

I AM INVINCIBLE! I smoke enough of both to save the world, lung tar transplant anyone?

5 Likes