COVID-19 relief

I was wondering what cannabis might have to offer regarding relief in case of infection. When it comes to terpenes I think Pinene is the most interesting, it gets mentioned as a bronchodilator and for its anti-inflammatory effect quite often.

My current fav strain Cackleberry is listed as high in Pinene and Myrcene on strainly https://www.strainly.io/fr/listings/390852-cackleberry-f2-greenpoint-seeds
@ModicumGenes did you get a lab test for this?

Blue Dream, which caught my interest lately, is also said to have high Pinene content (Pinene is also said to have anti-anxiety properties, @Meesh did you know?).

A web search finds lots of other strains too.

Do you know of any other terpenes / cannabinoids / strains that might help with respiratory illness?

Do you have experience with high pinene strains (or others) and asthma or similar?

5 Likes

Borneol is a bronchodilator too. It seems to be less common in cannabis but is supposed to be found in hazes (one list mentioned Golden Haze, K13-Haze and Amnesia Haze).

5 Likes

Very interesting! Was thinking the other day if i catch this i hope I’ll be well enough to still smoke.

2 Likes

I think smoking won’t be the best thing to do. A vaporizer seems like a better idea.

1 Like

Geraniol is said to have antiasthmatic effect. All reports seem to be based on the same study on mice. Strains mentioned are Amnesia Haze and Lavender.

Edibles…20 characters!

3 Likes

Last friday my gf and I went to a chinese restaurant for an easy supper (no dishes or pots and pans to clean). Woke up this morning with flu-like symptoms. We dont have any confirmed cases here, but pretty sure the boss is going to tell me to stay home…or wear one of those stupid surgical masks.

2 Likes

What I was about to say.

1 Like

You may find it excessive, but I’d say it’s the right thing to do (not because it was a Chinese restaurant, but because you have symptoms). At least it were in Europe, where there are a lot of cases already. I don’t know the general situation in North America.

The only chance with our broken health care system is to flatten the curve as people call it, slow down the spread as much as possible to minimize the concurrent bad infections that need treatment in hospital. The faster it goes, the more people will die because we lack the resources for medical treatment.

Estimated numbers I found … 60–70% will get infected. 80% of those will have little to no problems with the infection, some won’t even have any symptoms. But 20% will be bad cases, I think 5% are estimated to need intensive care.

While I am in my 40ies and don’t have to fear an infection, it’s my responsibility to minimize the risk for others.

7 Likes

See… remember my pm to you? Hope nothing to worry about, just a cold.

Usually people don’t get sick from Chinese food or Indian food as much as with “normal” food. These kind of cuseines use condiments and spices that in their majority are antiseptic and have been used in traditional medicine for milenia.

I strongly suggest you drink a tea composed of:

• fresh ginger
  • turmeric
  • whole lemon
  • garlic
    and honey.

Hope this won’t affect you and your loved ones.

4 Likes

I don’t have the chart at hand, but I have seen a comparison between symptoms of COVID19, a cold and a flu recently. COVID19 is mostly fever and (dry) cough, not so much sneezing and runny nose. I was not aware of that and found it quite interesting. I’ll post it if I find it.

Edit: Found it.

6 Likes

:point_up_2:

:mask: :cn: menu :ramen: ?! :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

Not cannabis related, but in case anyone is interested, here is a great resource of background information and data sets regarding the virus.

3 Likes

My wife and I have spent the past 12 years rebuilding our immunity system.
She is a cancer survivor, and needed to rebuild hers, but it made me understand just how we as humans are/can be very vitamin D deficient.
We found and followed the LEF.org suggestions on how to tailor our vitamin and supplements, to our bodies needs, with annual blood testing, twice a year for the first 6 years, then after that, once a year.
About 8-9 years ago, we started to realize how many folks all around us, in the family, friends, and work mates, were getting the flu, colds, the duration of their infections would take, and how many were inflected with sinus troubles.
We once had a medicine cabinett full of OTC remedies, and relief stuff.
It’s all gone now.
Once this Covid strain started being an issue, LEF.org posted up what you can do to buck your immune system up.
We are NOT invincible, but we are confident, we will survive infection from it.
I will say this also, in our circle, right now, we are experiencing a very early pollen/leaf mold/ ? allergen, maybe due to very lite winter we had around here. Scratchy throat, clear mucus, stuffy head, no fever, no vomiting, just potent allergies, that mimic covid.
Best to everyone.

1 Like