Fentanyl laced Cannibis

I keep hearing politicians embracing this unicorn. The latest one was a canidate supporting Florida’s ballot initiative, stating the shame it would be for someone to die from “fentanyl laced marijuana “(not a direct quote but conveys his message).

I am not aware of such a beast (nor am I looking to encounter) but I am curious if such a critter exists. If you are aware of any verifiable case please post link. Not really interested in your cousin who had a friend whose uncle yada yada yada stories.

I can deal with people who opinions differ from mine, but it’s the total bs I can’t abide whether your supporting my opinion or not. Let’s stick to the facts.

No wonder folks don’t trust the government when you have culture of misinformation and plausible deniability consistently applied to just about every issue. This also applies to large corporations (especially when they involved in some embarrassing bs).

Talked myself down. Sorry for the rant

Good growing

Smib

10 Likes

Let’s break this down to black-market cannabis and commercial cannabis. There have been a few overdose cases where people who have only consumed cannabis have been exposed to fentanyl, and fewer where the cannabis was tested to contain it. This only really happens on the black market, and doesn’t even need to be intentionally laced, but due to dealers handling both substances, a small amount can have a dramatic impact on someone with no tolerance when cross-contaminated.

For commercial cannabis, this isn’t of concern, or should definitely not be with the rigorous testing for contaminants. What is alarming in commercial cannabis, is the allowance of PGR’s which are very harmful, though not to the extent of fentanyl, and a lot of these cancerous chemicals are still allowed to be added (they make better looking buds).

9 Likes

There used to be an old wives tale go about regards weed being ‘fortified’ with heroin. I heard it a bunch of times growing up in northern England in the 90’s. “To get you hooked on their weed.” They sell enough heroin. A small time lad I knew, not a friend I hasten to add, made a lot of money selling death. It doesn’t make sense from a purely economical viewpoint.

1 Like

All I can say is I knew someone who died from fentanyl being laced in their cocaine. I’m pretty sure dealers will put fent in anything if they think they can move it.

From what I’ve heard in a documentary, honduran gangs are offering young men “free” passage to the u.s., then after smuggling them inside the gang hands them a fat baggy of fent and tells them they’re in debt to the cartel and it’s time for them to pay it off. If that’s true, then honestly it’s no wonder fent is winding up in everything. These kids will get their heads chopped off if they don’t pay their debts, that kinda motivation breeds desperation

4 Likes

Just type “fentanyl found in cannabis” into the Google search. You will have pages.

Yes, it’s the internet. So take much with a grain of salt. But, it is out there. :grimacing:

1 Like

Insert fear mongering rhetoric here.

4 Likes

Politicians will say anything to push their agenda. It’s all FUD, but has a basis of truth. Fentanyl laced black-market pills are more common than cannabis, but it does exist on the black market. Pushing for legalization to give more resources to eradicating black market anything is a way to mitigate the situation. Don’t listen to anti-cannabis law-makers. The scientific journals and lab reports are where you should focus on (not Google).

6 Likes

20ish years ago I visited the void and came back after master chiefing a joint that I didn’t know was laced with cocaine. I think the fentanyl weed IS a unicorn tho. Up there with people giving kids free edibles :joy:

2 Likes

Doubt it. Why add a more expensive narcotic to a cheaper one. Makes 0 sense to me anyway. Its the opposite with dope, you wanna strech it not make less money lol.

5 Likes

I dunno
To me all meth dealers, fent dealers
Importers should be shot.

If i were in charge all the high level cartel
Members would have Hits on their heads

Like F22s screaming in nuking their compounds.
But we know they own our corrupt
Leaders
Dont We?

5 Likes

That’s some really ignorant shit to say. Especially after Iran contra. The war on drugs was caused and enacted by the same people. You think that they just stopped doing that?

4 Likes
2 Likes

Obviously, a product of inner city education
Off you go

1 Like

I know an 18 year old girl who tried weed her first time. It was laced she died, what a shame. It’s why i grow no trust around these parts

I’m deeply skeptical about claims that fentanyl-laced cannabis is a thing, and frankly skeptical that people who claim they overdosed on fentanyl while only using cannabis are being truthful. That said, is it possible that someone who was handling baggies of heroin then switched over to bagging cannabis and trace amounts of heroin ended up on the cannabis? I can’t deny the possibility.

When there’s a ton of focus on something (really truly harmful and dangerous) like fentanyl there’s bound to be breathless reporting of stories that don’t hold up over time.

It doesn’t help that there’s now big money in legal cannabis, and large amounts of money being spent lobbying people that legal cannabis is safer.

3 Likes

Don’t mind the 488x recommended dosage of fungicide banned in most countries.

4 Likes

There was a documented case in Florida. I’m gonna state for the record I’m extremely suspicious, but it did get published…I’ll try to find a link.

But the story goes a guy was arrested, and when they got to the station and searched the cruiser they found three bags in the back seat…one with cannabis, one with fentanyl, and one with cannabis laced with fentanyl.

My suspicion is that the bags were all in the same place and cross-contaminated one another.

I’m gonna dig…I’ll edit this post with the link when I find it.

found it :point_down:

idk why the link shows as unavailable, but here is the url - just remove the space before .com
actionnewsjax .com/news/local/late-night-traffic-stop-putnam-county-leads-discovery-fentanyl-laced-marijuana/VOZORVNTLNE6PCGRVIYA5UBVJU/

2 Likes

I used to feel the same way until it happened to a family close to me. Its totally crazy but people are doing it. People just need to leave the weed alone.

1 Like

FWIW:

And I’ll draw attention to the important part in the third paragraph, direct flame destroys fentanyl, and vape temperatures are too low to vaporize fentanyl.

9 Likes