Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

there was no smoking at the cup, the judges were given weed samples weeks in advance so they could slowly try them all. You had to submit 2 ounces of flower to compete.

that CA lab testing result would seem to support the theory of cannabis hyperemesis coming from pesticide exposure

3 Likes

yes that’s how lots of cups are in canada. you pay to become a judge and get mailed a package containing samples of everything. karma cup came with shit loads of flowers, edibles, every kind of concentrates etc. remo posted videos all week of him and his friends judging. andy dabber judged the edibles. remo chemo from dinafem ended up winning 1st place indica. i feel like some cups are bought in advance or all the chums take turns winning each year. some of their criteria for judging seems a little less than scientific lol.

someone mentioned before about a cup where judges provided blood samples for THC levels and stuff.

Thanks for your clarification.

I have never attended any type of official cannabis cup event (or any cannabis event for that matter), and I know absolutely nothing about them.
I currently reside in Florida, and the likelihood of any cannabis event ever being sanctioned here in this backwater state is minimal at best.
The weather here (SoFla) is great however, and I can grow outdoors under the sun all year long.
Maintaining my underground posture is something I am resigned to.
Life is about trade offs and compromise.

5 Likes

well that is certainly a fair trade! legal cannabis is not all it’s cracked up to be, just a big greed fest turning us in to cash cows instead of criminals (sometimes still criminals if we won’t become cash cows)

3 Likes

For some reason, this story amuses me.
Shame on me.

Teacher accused of having sex with student starting when he was 15 and providing him with marijuana

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/crime/teacher-accused-sex-student-giving-marijuana-article-1.3708770

4 Likes

Here is a somewhat optimistic take on my pal Jeffy Sessions and his future plans for
legal weed.

Even Without the Rider That Protects Medical Marijuana, a Pot Crackdown Is Unlikely
Despite his fear and loathing of cannabis, Jeff Sessions has good reasons to tolerate legalization.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/18/even-without-the-rider-that-protects-med/amp

4 Likes

This story broke last week, but it keeps popping up on my news feeds.
Anyway, it strikes me that here is a case of a real life Nancy Botwin (Weeds).
In fact, Stephanie Smith makes Nancy seem like a rank amateur!
Very large, slick grow operations were run by this woman, who happens to be young and attractive. Hotter than Nancy Botwin IMO…hahaha
Truth beats fiction almost all of the time.

I am an unrepentant, lecherous, old rapscallion😎

https://www.google.com/amp/ktla.com/2017/12/13/pacific-palisades-woman-arrested-after-unlicensed-marijuana-grow-spanning-3-locations-uncovered-in-san-bernardino/amp/

4 Likes

Here is a company providing a valuable service.
Should truly be a growth industry.

Green Carpet Growing…$150 per hour.

Overgrowing is the goal.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s like a Communist in the Czech Republic, the cop is always right.

3 Likes

what a stupid woman lmao she was married and a teacher at a christian school. as if the boys father ratted her out. fornication is an condemnable sin i guess. the sodomy charge is probably only for oral but i’ll imagine it’s not.

1 Like

@legalcanada
Yep.
I am not aware of the existence of ANY wayward female teachers like Andrea when I was 15!
Hahahaha😄

3 Likes

yup if any of my classmates were fucking they kept the secret, my teacher was a gay guy though so …

Could have been a woman in a mans body, don’t be so presumptuous. :grin:

4 Likes

Conservative senators are threatening to drag their heels to delay legalization due to disagreements over how the revenue will be shared. i will not be surprised if trudeau will intentionally let the conservatives kill the bill as another election tactic, just like his promise to legalize was in the first place. the fact it is still illegal, with people still going to jail and having lives and families ruined, 2 years after coming to power is inexcusable.

Dildeau says legalization will not be July 1st, but will be sometime next summer (yeah right bud)

https://www.roottie.com/senators-threaten-cannabis-legalization-delay/

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/pot-will-be-legal-next-summer-not-july-1-trudeau/ar-BBH2MQL

2 Likes

Amazing! Let people rot in jail and force small businesses to lose hard earned money while politicians argue over who gets what money that isn’t even real yet. Fighting and arguing over their own hallucinations. Our leaders, peers, and in their mind our betters.

4 Likes

lol yes on the radio they were saying all the cannabis stocks are down today because of the news, and they have a combined ‘market value’ of $10 billion dollars and 0 profit between them LOL, the valuation is completely based on future profit and i think they are grossly overestimating their future profits.

i’m going to stand in front of the stores handing out flyers outlining the medical application process and infographics explaining the actual cost of production, pesticides and class action lawsuits. going to print out and tape them all over the city too, stickers on bus benches etc

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Current Events (NonCannabis)

This may very well be worth watching.

2 Likes

1st draft of Massachusetts regs released. The coffeehouse regs are silly and need serious revision. Also the regs on transporation and farming treat it like plutonium. Otherwise a lot of good stuff. Low license fees.

5 Likes

maybe it’s not so bad for coffeehouses…according to this article there are two tiers of on-site consumption, maybe retail outlets will be able to sell normally

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/news/local_news/panel-rolls-out-rules-for-pot-cafe-deliveries/article_d783b02a-8e96-5651-9281-70b10d3cf436.html

3 Likes