Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Big Pharma and the Black Market are the only ones who are hurt by cannabis legalization.

Maybe nylon rope manufacturers too.

4 Likes

i’m hoping they’ll get a big boost when all the major cannabis stocks report their (lack of) earnings after legalization in canada. valuations in the billion without ever turning a profit. ridiculous.

7 Likes

https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2017/dec/05/pennsylvania_false_drug_imprisonment

How Bigoted Pennsylvania Drug Warriors Turned This New York Man’s Life into a Living Hell

3 Likes

that is disgusting. and the sickening part is there are countless more stories like this that never get heard because the police do a better job of entrapping or framing the individual. what a waste of taxpayer dollars. not just on this ridiculous settlement that never should happen, but even paying these 2 idiots wages and pensions. no admission of wrongdoing? they should be fired and their pensions go to the poor man who they put thru hell.

4 Likes

This why all drugs should be made legal.
The war on drugs is a huge failure, it is perpetuated by corrupt law enforcement and politicians, because they are financially enriched by all of the money being raked in and spread around.
These charlatans invariably abuse their “power”, and run roughshod over innocent, supposedly free citizens.
Besides, the most destructive drug, from my perspective, is fully legal alcohol.
Stop the insanity.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I just learned that in 2003 the US Department of Health and Human Services was granted patent 6630507, which covers “the potential use of non-psychoactive cannabinoids to protect the brain from damage or degeneration caused by certain diseases, such as cirrhosis.”

How can the US Government claim there is no medical use for Cannabis, keeping it as a schedule 1 drug, while simultaneously owning a patent for the medical use of non psychoactive cannibinoids?

“In the case of No. 6,630,507, the researchers [at National Institute of Health] discovered that non-psychoactive compounds in cannabis may have antioxidant properties that could be beneficial in the treatment of certain neurological diseases, she said.”

“Other companies may also apply for licenses to use this patented technology to develop drugs to treat other neurological diseases where antioxidant properties of cannabinoid drugs may be beneficial,” she said. “The patent expires on April 21, 2019, after which anyone would be free to develop drugs based on these cannabinoids that, like all drugs, would require FDA approval to demonstrate safety and effectiveness in humans.”

6 Likes

Post this 1000 times!!!

HUGE 50 LIKES!

99%

1 Like

Well, here is yet more governmental tomfoolery underway.
Your tax dollars hard at work.

Bait and switch?

4 Likes

Big Money never sleeps!

2 Likes

The most interesting thing about this article is that it appears in Newsweek.
This is a good thing, as ganja is actually becoming mainstream.:clap:t2:

BEST MARIJUANA PRODUCTS OF 2017: TOP CANNABIS STRAINS, EDIBLES AND MORE

BY JANICE WILLIAMS ON 12/16/17 AT 10:00 AM

4 Likes

Yep, and greed helps it stay awake and busy!

3 Likes

http://newburghgazette.com/2017/12/18/first-recreational-marijuana-license-issued-in-california/

Whenever California goes, the rest of the nation tends to follow!

4 Likes

Yuck!
All the more reason to grow your own herb!

http://www.kcra.com/article/burners-beware-california-pot-sold-jan-1-could-be-tainted/14450849

6 Likes

That is why i grow my own but i don’t worry about the old growers, i worry about the in it for the green rush 1st and 2nd year growers trying to “save their investment.”

5 Likes

whats disgusting is 95% or whatever tested positive for contaminants and this is under the medical system. it’s supposed to be fucking medicine!! unfortunately without strict over sight they will try to cheat. there’s several class action lawsuits and many many more recalls in canada for contaminated products from LPs.

i wonder if they test for PGRs?

4 Likes

I find this interesting.
A product which does provide a high won best in show!

2 Likes

That seems strange. Were they allowed to smoke?

1 Like

Yea, I think they were, because of this quote.
(Although I’m not 100% certain)

"I’ve been smoking for a long time, and there wasn’t a single entry that I thought, ‘Eh, this is mediocre,’” he said. “It was all the most beautiful stuff in the world.”

3 Likes

Eh, different strokes for different folks. :unamused:

3 Likes